08 Z1 - Ballast Install - DieselPWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DieselPWR View Post
    All I have left is to wait for the next roll of multiflex to come in and do the vent lines. I have a question on fitting the multiflex over the barbed end of the plastic thru hulls. To get the multiflex to fit over any other barbed ends I used a heat gun to make the end more flexible. The barbed end of the thru hull seems a little larger and I am having trouble getting the hose to fit around the barbed end, even with the heat gun. This is more of a problem with the bow thru hull as my storage comparment is very cramped and a PITA to work in, can't just muscle the hose on the end of the thru hull. I am trying to 90 off the thru hull to run the checkvalve and hose to the bow sac.

Any suggestions what I could use to mate the two 1" barbed connections, that is easier to work with then multiflex???
    I used dish sope and a heat gun and a garden glove so I didn't burn my hand.... It's a PITA to get it on for the bow vent for my 24v as well but that is because I'm 6'8"
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Nice Job! It looks really clean. How are you going to run your check valves? As G-Money suggested try the soap and heat. When you get the hose hot enough it turns really soft and should just stretch over. You could also try a slightly larger hose at Home Depot for just that small section.

Comment

Nice job!
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Great job DieselPWR. I can tell you planned it out well. I am sure you will be happy. I am sure draining the water back thru the bottom of the hull will be fine. I directed my water out the side of the boat just so I have a nice visual of the water draining.... You will know when the pumps are finished because they make a nice empty winey noise.

I am still anxious to give my "winter" ballast install the true test in a few more weeks.

I am wating on the Fresh Air Exhaust to arrive. That should be the last of expenses for awhile.
          What type of bags (lbs.) did you install in the bow?
          Good job
          Nick
          Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
            Nice Job! It looks really clean. How are you going to run your check valves? As G-Money suggested try the soap and heat. When you get the hose hot enough it turns really soft and should just stretch over. You could also try a slightly larger hose at Home Depot for just that small section.
            For now I am just going to have the check valve on the vent line. Like we talked about before though, it wouldn't be hard to T it off and add more check valves if needed. Did you decide to add more valves?

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
              Great job DieselPWR. I can tell you planned it out well. I am sure you will be happy. I am sure draining the water back thru the bottom of the hull will be fine. I directed my water out the side of the boat just so I have a nice visual of the water draining.... You will know when the pumps are finished because they make a nice empty winey noise.

I am still anxious to give my "winter" ballast install the true test in a few more weeks.

I am wating on the Fresh Air Exhaust to arrive. That should be the last of expenses for awhile.
              What type of bags (lbs.) did you install in the bow?
              Good job

I got in the tail end of that FAE group buy. Can't wait to get mine in as well.

I have the integrated bow sac up front. Its tight, but it doesn't look to bad up there. It lays out well, I know I won't get the full capacity but I'd be happy with 250-300. I also bought a tsunami manual pump and two fat bricks. I can then add one on each side of the bow or both on one side depending on whether i am surfing or wakeboarding.

My boat is in the shop now. Getting my 100 hr checkup, prop inspected, heater installed, wind screen installed, and putting on the 2009 Z1 graphics. They look so sick I just had to get them. Once I heard my wife say how much she liked them, I was ALL over it. I didn't give her a chance to change her mind. I'll take pics when i get it back.

Comment

All I have left is to wait for the next roll of multiflex to come in and do the vent lines. I have a question on fitting the multiflex over the barbed end of the plastic thru hulls. To get the multiflex to fit over any other barbed ends I used a heat gun to make the end more flexible. The barbed end of the thru hull seems a little larger and I am having trouble getting the hose to fit around the barbed end, even with the heat gun. This is more of a problem with the bow thru hull as my storage comparment is very cramped and a PITA to work in, can't just muscle the hose on the end of the thru hull. I am trying to 90 off the thru hull to run the checkvalve and hose to the bow sac.

Any suggestions what I could use to mate the two 1" barbed connections, that is easier to work with then multiflex???
                This is actually a good problem to have! I would rather have to heat up the hose and have a tight fit to get it on, then have it slide on easily. A tight fit means less clamping force is needed to seal it off, a loose fit means the clamp has to work harder. Joints are always the weakest link and clamps are the most common point of failure. A little 5200 on the barbs acts as a lube during installation, and then dries to act as a sealer, try some.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

P.S. I have an Access Panel for sale if anyone needs one, I didn't end up needing it.

White Smooth OD 8 1/8" ID 6" Hole Cut out 6 1/2"

Comment

P.S. I have an Access Panel for sale if anyone needs one, I didn't end up needing it.

White Smooth OD 8 1/8" ID 6" Hole Cut out 6 1/2"
                    Actually if you are local and want to come pick it up, you can have it for free. Timmy?

Comment

What's the access panel for?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                        What's the access panel for?

It installs in the rear seat under the cushion to access the manifold of your ballast system. You may already have one.

Comment

New Graphix. WICKED!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I believe I am good on that part..

New graphics look siiiick! How much did they cost? I was thinking about them for my boat. If you don't want to post, PM me.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Finally done. All three vent lines are hooked up. Went the simple route of just one line and one check valve. I am going to try and get it out this weekend to test. One thing I am concerned about is the bow vent line. When the bag fills it looks like it will push the vent line into the lip of the bow compartment.

Any suggestions?? I was thinking of using a small peice of PVC as a sleeve over the part that would push up against the lip.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X