No announcement yet.

Because everybody is doing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duh, hadn't thought of that. It's a wonder I got it all in there, eh??
    "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Nice build man! I like the transfer pump idea. The bags I ordered for my build are not nearly as big as MLAs custom sacks but I mainly wakeboard and this boat puts a pretty decent wake before even adding weight. I usually have 5-6 people onboard anyhow so between the ballast and bodies the surf wave will be good as well. I may go bigger later on, already spent to much coin on this boat this summer, but heh, you only go around once right?!

Comment

Attention 22ve owners, need feedback.

Thanks Jetdriver. Everything is working flawlessly, your project is coming along nicely as well; keep posting.

On another note, we tested last week and I'm curious to what other guys are running. Starboard side fully loaded, nothing in the front or the port side, speed at 12.5 taps at about 2-3. The wave would not firm up until we got the that speed. I'm wondering if others are going that fast. I surfing on a Doomswell Neo for my weight about 205lbs. I'm fairly athletic, but no pro on a surf board, but the wave did seem rather unforgiving, and by that I mean if I wasn't really careful, I would fall out of the wave rather easily. Any tips or tricks? It's difficult to assess how good my wave is as this is the only boat I've surfed behind. We'll head out this week and maybe I can get some video and post it to get your feedback.
        "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

I would say 12.5 is getting on the fast side, with my boat I find myself never above 12, usually around 11.6, 11.8 and it is nice. But that for port side. and I like taps 3-4. try checking speedo with gps on your phone or something aswell as it may be out too.

Comment

Last year we would stay between 10-11 mph. Have you tried filling the bow sac? I fount that firmed up the wave quite a bit, and it didn't seem to flatten the wave out much at all. That's probably the first thing I would try.

Comment

I never thought to check my speed, it may be off. I haven't tried any bow weight. I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the replies fellas.
              "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

We usually surf in the 12-13mph, but I think I am going to try and slow us down. I think it will make the tricks easier.
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                  We usually surf in the 12-13mph, but I think I am going to try and slow us down. I think it will make the tricks easier.
                  If you slow down, will that shorten the pocket??
                  "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Got out this last weekend and I think the biggest change was my improvement of riding. The wave felt good and I think getting used to the board was the biggest change. I did check our speed and it seems to be very close to actual so we're definitely running around 12.5 mph. Slowing down did not help at all.

On another note, and hopefully Mike will chime in, I'm getting a growl/shudder when we are heavily listed over. It doesn't make the noise continually, but just at random intervals, I noticed it more last night in choppy water so I'm guessing it is cavitation. I had the dealer check the oil in the V drive last fall and it was a bit low and dirty so they changed it and hoped that would fix the issue if it wasn't cavitation. I haven't checked the oil level yet but I'm still thinking I might need a different prop. Right now I have a 13.7 X 15.5 and the dealer is suggesting a 14.5 X 14.25?? I know virtually nothing about these inboard props but I'm thinking I should just have an extra on hand anyway. So I'm taking advice on what prop would be best. Most of the time I'm at around 4,000ft. elevation.
                    "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

WYTige, I have the same issue as you when loaded right up. It's not all the time but you can hear when it happens. I also believe it's the prop.

I agree with everything Dukes said otherwise. That's pretty much what I run.

Comment

What prop do you have and what would you go to??
                        "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

WY,

You are most certainly reaching the limits of the current prop. That growl and shudder is the prop sucking air and cavitating. Not enough surface area and bite. Upgrading the prop will reduce the cavitation, improve hole shot and speed holding when loaded. Given the elevation, id suggest the 14.5 x 12.25 1235.
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike...sent you a PM.
                            "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

You can pull stumps with the 1235
                              "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Haha, that's funny!!! Might need that in the Wyoming wind this year!
                                "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Working...
                                X