No announcement yet.

Because everybody is doing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you run any counter weight? If not, I would hook up both rear pumps to your custom sac and cut your fill times even more.
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I do have an extra pump on the manifold, at one time in the boat's past there was two sacs in the bow, now there is just one v-shaped bag in the bow. I just need to plumb that pump to the larger bag and I'll be set.

Since its in the manifold set up do you think there is a significant drop off in pressure due to two pumps going at the same time?
      "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Since its in the manifold set up do you think there is a significant drop off in pressure due to two pumps going at the same time?
        None at all. The displacement created by the boat forcing the manifold below the water line, will keep it supplied with water
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          None at all. The displacement created by the boat forcing the manifold below the water line, will keep it supplied with water
          Well, that answers that. Thanks for the help everyone!!
          "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Finally got the boat out tonight and tried out the new pump set up. I put a new 1000gph pump in and then rerouted the extra pump to my big bag. Holy smokes what a difference; it took less then 7 mins to fill that big bag. Also got a new cover that is quite nice. Let me know what you think of the wave. The rider is about 5'11". There was a little bit of wind that caused some turbulence, but overall I think it's pretty decent.

"Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Resurrecting thread to ask new question

In my slow efforts to complete my ballast upgrade, I was able to purchase a "pre-owned" MLA bag for the port side of my boat from JLG this winter I got the bag in place and moved the drain pump into the battery compartment and things are starting to shape up. I would like to add a crossover pump, but I'm wondering how this should be plumbed?? On each of my bags there is only one hole on the bottom which I've connected to my drain pumps. How do I plumb in another hose to pump water from one bag to another? Any help would be much appreciated.
              "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

I am pretty sure you will need another port in the bottom of the bag. You will need to suck the water from the bottom of the bag to crossover to the other one and vice versa, are you using a reversible pump for this, I have not done it but you can add another port to the bag if you do a search there are some vids I saw somewhere. I am sure mike will chime in

Comment

Originally posted by WYTige? View Post
                  In my slow efforts to complete my ballast upgrade, I was able to purchase a "pre-owned" MLA bag for the port side of my boat from JLG this winter I got the bag in place and moved the drain pump into the battery compartment and things are starting to shape up. I would like to add a crossover pump, but I'm wondering how this should be plumbed?? On each of my bags there is only one hole on the bottom which I've connected to my drain pumps. How do I plumb in another hose to pump water from one bag to another? Any help would be much appreciated.
                  Check with MLA, I hear he has a solution for adding a port.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I figured I might hear from you Mike . I'll be needing the requisite pump from you as well so I'll get a hold of you and get things rolling. Thank you sir.
                    "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

I began the next phase of my upgrade last night. Got some goodies in the mail yesterday from MLA (thanks Chpthril!) and am ready to put the crossover pump in and wired up. I have positioned the pump next to the taps motor and moved the batteries a bit to make room for the drain pump. Not a lot of space back there, that's for sure.

I need some suggestions/opinions on where to put the crossover switch, next to the throttle by my other switches or put it on the dash next to the PPass?? What do you all think would look the cleanest???

"Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Nice work! Put it sideways below or above the switches would be my vote. Then you have left and ride transfer for the transfer pump. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how much the transfer pump speeds things up.
                        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

get a bigger switch block to accomodate all the switches will look the cleanest, is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
                            get a bigger switch block to accomodate all the switches will look the cleanest, is my opinion.
                            Any recommendations? Not wanting to spend too much more on this endeavor.
                            "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

i don't but someone will chime in for sure. Mike prob knows, I just don't think throwing a switch above or below or beside what you have will look right after all the work you have done to make it look stock. Nice job

Comment

actually try here
                                https://www.otrattw.net/
                                I see they have one for six, you can link singles together, that is what I did from mike, however not sure if it would work with the plate you have covering your vinyl now. I didn't have a nice plate/bezel like you have so I kinda hid my switches in the top part of the pocket off to right of your switches, that wouldn't cost you anything.
                                Last edited by dukesofhazzard; 05-19-2016, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X