Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duffy's 2005 24v wakesurfing mod thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot it had that tower on it. I saw one of those a couple weeks ago. Man, it’s been a while since you started in on that thing. I love the fact you’re still rocking it.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I've never dug through this whole thread and maybe I've had too many cocktails, but is that the wake edition of a "High 5" prop?? Can't say I've ever seen a 5 blade Nibral prop. How do you like it?? Hard to tell from the pics but looks like its diameter is just under gel burn territory!! Nice.

Comment

Good eye. That 5 blade has been on there for a few years at least. I never see them. Surprising considering the wake that boat puts out. I’ve never had the privilege but, it’s been obviously rad for a long time. I’ve been on Topazsuerfer’s 22V and it was amazing. Basically perfect surfwake. Duffy’s boat is a bigger, badder version of that hull. Anytime somebody asks about a 24v setup, it’s the blueprint everyone points too. Legendary.

You still running those giant pumps, Duffy?
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I have read this thread multiple times. It’s also the reason I just purchased an 06 24ve after owning a z3. Can’t wait to get on the water this weekend ! Excellent work Duffy !

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            Good eye. That 5 blade has been on there for a few years at least. I never see them. Surprising considering the wake that boat puts out. I’ve never had the privilege but, it’s been obviously rad for a long time. I’ve been on Topazsuerfer’s 22V and it was amazing. Basically perfect surfwake. Duffy’s boat is a bigger, badder version of that hull. Anytime somebody asks about a 24v setup, it’s the blueprint everyone points too. Legendary.

You still running those giant pumps, Duffy?
            Yep, fills the 1850ish pound sacs in under 5 minutes
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              I've never dug through this whole thread and maybe I've had too many cocktails, but is that the wake edition of a "High 5" prop?? Can't say I've ever seen a 5 blade Nibral prop. How do you like it?? Hard to tell from the pics but looks like its diameter is just under gel burn territory!! Nice.
              No gel coat burn yet!
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Is there anyone that has installed a ballast system in there 2004 Tige 24V? If there is how many pumps do you have? Where did you drill you intake holes? Can you send a pic of your set up?

Comment

Originally posted by king.edward View Post
                  Is there anyone that has installed a ballast system in there 2004 Tige 24V? If there is how many pumps do you have? Where did you drill you intake holes? Can you send a pic of your set up?
                  An 04 is going to be nearly identical to an 05.

The number of pumps are going to depend on the type of pumps you choose to use, number of sacs being plumbed in and the speed of filling and draining you want. If you choose reversible impeller pump, you would want at least one pump per sac. With aerator live well pumps, you would have at least 2 pumps per sac, one to fill and one to drain.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by king.edward View Post
                    If you read this thread it details what pumps I used.

With the invention of the suck gate I no longer fill and drain each side fully to switch from goofy or regular. I usually do about 1/2 of full for opposite side. That being said I wouldn’t use these pumps again. I would use a slightly smaller aerator.

I love this style pump. I hate the loud noise a battery drain of the impeller style. There is give and takes between the 2 styles. (Aerator or impeller).

Get custom sacs for the 24v. It loves weight and the wave just gets better and better. The nauticurl fits almost perfect below the step in the chime on the hull.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post

If you read this thread it details what pumps I used.

With the invention of the suck gate I no longer fill and drain each side fully to switch from goofy or regular. I usually do about 1/2 of full for opposite side. That being said I wouldn’t use these pumps again. I would use a slightly smaller aerator.

I love this style pump. I hate the loud noise a battery drain of the impeller style. There is give and takes between the 2 styles. (Aerator or impeller).

Get custom sacs for the 24v. It loves weight and the wave just gets better and better. The nauticurl fits almost perfect below the step in the chime on the hull.
                      Why do you recommend the custom sacs for the 24V vs just a regular 1100lb fat sac. New boat owner with 2003 Tige 24V and learning with your forum. Thanks

Comment

1100 is not as big as 1800ish weight = wave power.

Comment

For anyone in the 05-06 22v or 24v grey interiors. Here is what I got for color matching.
                          Grey= Morbern Catalina dolphin CL-510. White = Catalina seabrook SBD-136.
                          Grey isn’t spot on. But it’s the better between the options. It’s a smidge too dark. But time would fix that.

Comment

Seabrook chalk SB120 is the white I picked.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X