Tige Surf X System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert,
    This begs the following questions, was the range for goofy higher or lower than the regular side? Also, did additional weight/speed move the range up or down on a side?

Comment

www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Would love to have more adjustability on my Z3 goofy wave. Its just steep and short hight now.

Comment

Interesting. I am thinking a combination of the ConvexVX(Coanda effect) and a surfgate system would be awesome. ConvexVX to help shape the wave and create the coanda effect and a gate to prevent list and create delay convergence.
          Last edited by turbonine; 09-05-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

@z3james

I sent out one of the new taps plates, which is the same design on the new Surf X system. I am waiting to hear feedback and then let others get them. Just that one thing will really help adjustability. For now, move some extra weight into the bow, see how that does.

@turbonine

Hopefully a future feature for sure.

@trace

I am outta town and don't have all my notes with me, so I am going off of memory, but we spent hours doing this. Many hours. Our initial thought was to test various settings to improve the goofy wake, and hopefully keep the regular as good. We soon discovered the Coanda effect and the bigger wake when moving it up. We found that there is a point where you go too high, and it gets washy and doesn't work anymore. So then the goal was to find the highest setting that worked in all of those situations. Goofy liked a bit higher than reg, but regular made a bigger wake higher, so that was great. Weighted liked higher than stock, but too high and then stock was washy, so we went down a tad. It was like that, finding that perfect balance.

Adjustable is just that much better, because you can disregard what it does in another setup. Just make the BEST wake for this situation. And then play with setups to just find the best wake you want period, and then always be able to adjust well for other riders. You are basically shaping the hull to adjust, and then use taps for fine tuning.
            http://wake9.com/

Comment

Awesome Robert, thanks for the info.

Comment

Robert,

Put me down for a new plate.

Thanks !!

Comment

Originally posted by Z3James View Post

Would love to have more adjustability on my Z3 goofy wave. Its just steep and short hight now.
                  more bow weight helped us with this issue. 4 out 5 in our family are goofy so I've had time to dial it in. tried lots of different things but then it dawned on me to try more bow weight, and it didn't take much, just moved 2/5 of the human weight (kid and the dog) to the bow and it was great.
                  2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

I was told by my Tige salesman that the new adaptive VX that adjusts can
                    Improve the results in shallow water over my 2014 VX ?????

Is there any system or listing method that would have better results in shallow lakes??

Unfortunately my lake depth varies from only 5ft to a maximum of 12'ft,my depth finder never reads more than 10 ft

Comment

ASR with AVX

Comment

The ASR is growing on me. They are finally find ways to appoint it to make it look less like a dump truck.

Comment

Wow that thing is sick!
                          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Wave looks really good. Looks really powerful.... looks meaty.

Comment

I'm going to Surf behind this exact boat this weekend.
                              I have a friend coming along so we will be able to provide feedback on the reg. and goofy footed sides.
                              Really looking forward to trying the AVX System out

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                                The ASR is growing on me. They are finally find ways to appoint it to make it look less like a dump truck.
                                That made me laugh. It's growing on me as well.
                                "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Working...
                                X