No announcement yet.

Tige Surf X System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lame video. When they show pictures of the system I'll concern myself. More retarded pre release video crap. Worse than commercials I swear
    www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
    http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Where is the consumer research that shows this was a good idea? This has to be the most retarded idea ever - once you have your wave dialed do you really adjust your settings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by tnvolgrad View Post
        Where is the consumer research that shows this was a good idea? This has to be the most retarded idea ever - once you have your wave dialed do you really adjust your settings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        Uh, yes, all the time, that's what the taps is for, tall and steep if you want to jump, flat and mellow if you want to spin. We adjust ours on the fly all the time.

Comment

hate to be cynical and I never thought I'd say this, but I'll agree with wicked on this one. I want to see the mechanics of what they are selling, not a bunch of pro/semi-pro riders behind boats that may or may not be "production" boats that we can buy off the shelf.
          camera angles could make my old 20ft supra wave longer than a z3

I have a hard enough time carrying my wallet in my boardshorts while heading to the launch with the afterthought of pockets on most brands. carrying a remote is not something I'm looking for-lanyard or not. it'll extend sets for some of those "pros" out there that think they need to spend 10 minutes riding the wave to get it adjusted just right so they can slash once and get caught by the transition and dunked.

interesting to see more information and the innerworkings that they are trying to sell, not to mention what it'll add to the base or options of the boat.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Trying to positive but...I don't get it.
            Wave doesn't look any better than mine now
            More tech (see other thread where pretty much everyone wanted less)
            Float or not you drop that remote your not finding it.
            I can communicate just fine with my driver on what settings I want.
            I made an adjustable plate a few years ago and it was terrible (granted this is more advanced) made the wave VERY flat.

Not trying to be cynical just realistic.

Advice. Show me the why. With and without. Not some dumb video of surfers that could ride any wave surfing on one that doesn't "look" any better than any other.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
              Lame video. When they show pictures of the system I'll concern myself. More retarded pre release video crap. Worse than commercials I swear
              Agree with wicked on this one. Extremely disappointed in Tiges marketing. They only show you the remote control. They have given pretty much zero information on what the "surf system" is. I hope it is more than a remote control taps otherwise Im afraid Tige will be falling way behind.

Comment

If I where tige and Im sure it could get by not infringing on Nss or malibu is if they shifted the convex left and right. Then it would act as NNS does yet it shapes and extends the hull.. I mean that might be alot like mine without the cool $hit I stumbled on with my testing

Comment

Originally posted by trace View Post
                  Uh, yes, all the time, that's what the taps is for, tall and steep if you want to jump, flat and mellow if you want to spin. We adjust ours on the fly all the time.
                  Of course - you set it up before you get in the water. I like 11.2, taps at 4 - or if you are real fancy you have a rider profile set up. For newbies I have a set-up that rarely gets adjusted. To eaches own, but everyone I surf with does not change the settings often to justify a silly remote. However, I bet the sell more of these than they have of ASR's - ha!

Comment

Never changed ours either once its dialed in its good to go

Comment

Case in point, wave all flattened out for skim work, opens up the transition making it really smooth, but reduces the amount of push the back of the wave has, great for working on tricks down low, do that for a few minutes, then bump up the taps 3 or 4 notches the wake gets tall and steep with a hard lip, now go back in the pocket and pump forward for a jump, a shuv, or a big lip slide/floater all in the same run. Riding through a bunch of rollers, I like to run the taps up, makes it easier to not fall out getting past the rollers. To each his own, but just because you guys don't adjust your waves while riding doesn't mean nobody else does. My wife and I even have hand signals we use to adjust it, most of the time nobody else on the boat even knows we've made a change.

Comment

The remote would be a cool feature if it allowed the rider to control switching sides quickly. Doesn't look like that is what this does.

Comment

So I thought I would answer some of these questions since we have first hand experience and actually had the first adjustable VX on our boat at the end of last year. It was very crude, it used a screw jack. It was to test some theories we discussed with Tige and they had us do some testing and then did some serious refinements and more testing in the factory.

Our first goal was to find the perfect setting and to find out if the perfect setting would be the same for goofy and regular. The thought at the time was only to use the adjustable VX to find this/these settings, not necessarily to suggest to Tige a fully adjustable VX.

We found that there is a range that is GREAT for goofy and a range that is GREAT for regular, but they don't overlap perfectly, and the overlap is very small. It took us hours of testing to find a setting, which is set on our boat now, that is great for both. Then there was the same issue with different weightings. We tested with stock weight (pro stock with fat boy in the corner and 2 kids) and with wake9 ballast comp setup, and in between. We found the same thing. At each weight, the range of GREAT was a bit different for each setup. So we had to TEST AND TEST AND TEST with various angles/adjustments across all setups and both sides to find one setting that worked GREAT for all.

Tige wasn't just supporting this, but commissioned it. They knew that testing in the wild with all of the riders we have access to and in deep water was going to give the best results and we met and reported regularly back to the factory.

We tested with every type of rider. Skim flat wake riders to steep fast huge air riders and everywhere in between and all skill levels. It was very important that the setting we came to worked excellent on both sides and at all setups and was fully adjustable for all these types of riders.

What we ended up with is excellent. The wake on our Z3 is amazing, and we love it, and can make every type of rider happy. However, did we make any compromises in the VX adjustment to get this setting? Not much, but of course there was some. Some examples:

1. We have found that in shallow water, our setting may not be the best, it may need to be different.
                          2. If you LOVE flat skim and could adjust the VX you may even like it more, and the same goes for like Chase Hazen that likes steep and fast. They can adjust a bit one way or the other to get even more of the perfect wake for them. TAPS is amazing, but doesn't give you that level of adjustability.
                          3. Speed. The VX at various speeds will create a significant COANDA effect and suck the boat down making a bigger wake. Its awesome and doesn't create drag and cause fuel economy to drop off. Its like a wedge or switchblade, but without the drag. This effect is different at various speeds and being able to adjust the VX will help maximize it.

I have to say, Charlie Pigeon himself was involved and wanted to find a way to do this with ZERO compromises. We visited the factory on a couple of occasions and shared all of our experience and insight and how we thought it would be a challenge to make it adjustable to buyers. The way it pivoted, was mounted, its stability was all crucial. The engineers at tige stepped up and made a prototype and put it on an ASR and took us out. I have to say, that was fun. Getting to be involved in the "secret R&D room" in Tige is fun, but to get to watch the engineers build a prototype in front of you after working through discussions of it, was amazing.

So here are just a few pictures of us adjusting a VX and riding behind an ASR on both sides. Keep in mind, this is just a prototype and bad weather. We are looking forward to the full production model. I guess this also answers the question if the ASR will surf, and surf on both sides. The weighting was about 3000-3500 lbs plus a few people. It was more than stock, mainly to get weight to one side, but it wasn't much more than stock.

IMG_1096 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1099 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1100 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1109 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1110 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1139 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1154 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1170 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1188 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1197 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1259 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_1271 by wake9, on Flickr

you can see them all in flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/...7647237623025/

Bottom line is that we had just come from surfing the G23 and other boats before these pictures. The G23 was set a bit more than stock, similar to this, RJ liked this wake better. You can see how far the rub rail is from the water, and how much more room there is. With an adjustable VX that works as least as good as the prototype, the ASR is going to be a fun platform. Will it be as good as the Z3 with the AdaptiVX? I don't know, probably not in my opinion because the Z3 hull will have more adjustability of shape, and require less weight and less gas. The ASR is a wake board boat first and has a flat hull, so needs a lot of weight. But the ASR with this, weighted can throw a competition wakesurf wake on both sides and arguably the best wakeboard wake out there.

Either the ASR or a Z3 with the AdaptiVX and Surf X system will be at the Polar Bear event.
                          http://wake9.com/

Comment

Thanks for the input Robert. I suppose Ill demo another ASR once they figured it out and then if it is still not G boat surf quality Ill be buying a G boat

Comment

Evolution is fun. Thanks Robert.

Comment

thanks for the peek behind the curtain

Comment

Working...
                                X