Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ConvexVX retrofit getting installed on 2013 RZR, Stoked!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barry1me View Post
    Looks like a pretty nice clean wave....here is my 12 RZR W/O convex vx. I would like to surf behind a boat with convex VX setup correctly, so far the ones I have been behind were not impressive.

http://youtu.be/Dja1qcY_jns
    Barry, a convex vx on your wave will knock down all that spray and smooth out your transition. Your wave looks great and looks to have more push than any other boat manufacturer can dream of(cept maybe a Cent.). But throw a convex vx on that boat, with the proper brackets and your wave will be to the next level. You are already weighted for the wave as it is with your 750lb sac in the port locker.
    2013 RZR w/ConvexVX
    http://www.surfsupws.com http://facebook.com/surfsupwatersports

Comment

Originally posted by zroutt View Post
      sa0303, yes we have. I have video of it on my pc at home. It is just as long and as big. It is a different setup than regular side. Speed is faster. 11-11.2 compared to regular side of 10.4-10.6. And we add a little weight to the port side when surfing goofy vs regular side all the weight is on the port side.

Yeah I have played around with the goofy side a lot and can't quite get it right. The regular side is awesome. How far is the rub rail from the water on the goofy side? Mine is right at water level on the back corner, I'm thinking I'm listing it to much and that is causing the wave to not be very clean or as long as the regular side.

Comment

Ah yes, that jogged my memory. We couldn't get the goofy wave right at first either, and the regular was SO awesome. Then we asked if the boat had PRO ballast and was full in front. The answer was it only had surf, so we added about 250-300 lbs of weight to the front, and VOILA. The goofy wake was just like the regular. When you watch our video the regular and goofy were weighted exactly the same, EXCEPT we added that weight to the front, and it made all the difference.

HTH, here is the video again, in case you haven't seen it. The thumbnail for the video, is of the goofy wake on the RZR.

http://wake9.com/

Comment

I wish they made this for older Tiges'. I can only dream what it would do for my 24V with 3k...

Maybe Duffy or 'Cummins will make a prototype...

seems like it effectively makes any boat 2 ft. longer
          my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
            Ah yes, that jogged my memory. We couldn't get the goofy wave right at first either, and the regular was SO awesome. Then we asked if the boat had PRO ballast and was full in front. The answer was it only had surf, so we added about 250-300 lbs of weight to the front, and VOILA. The goofy wake was just like the regular. When you watch our video the regular and goofy were weighted exactly the same, EXCEPT we added that weight to the front, and it made all the difference.

HTH, here is the video again, in case you haven't seen it. The thumbnail for the video, is of the goofy wake on the RZR.

Ragboy,
            Thanks for the info. Have watched the video two or three times trying to figure out how much the boat is listing on the goofy side. Did you have only stock surf ballast in the rear? Or did you add additional weight on the seat? I don't have the vx but I just can't quite get the goofy side clean. The boat is listed quite a bit more on the goofy side compared to when we ride regular. If we turn slightly into the wave it helps clean up the prop wash but we still get quite a bit. I have played with just about every configuration I can think of. Not quite sure what I should do now.
            I have the surf ballast
            I have tried surf side locker full
            450lb bag on top of the surf side seat
            Front full
            Additional 300lb sac in front
            Speed anywhere from 10.4-11.4
            I have tried to add some weight to opposite side locker like some have suggested before. I'll try and post a video tomorrow morning. Any thoughts would be great.

Comment

without the VX, you may need to ask Squid about that, he had to make a mud flap before he was really happy with the goofy side. As far as we were concerned with the VX, we added about 300 lbs of weight under the side seat and then a tony and a kid, about 300 lbs up front to clean up and make a good goofy wake with the VX. This boat had the surf system, I don't think we had anything in the opposite rear corner, and surf side corner was full.

Comment

Originally posted by sa0303 View Post
                Ragboy,
                Thanks for the info. Have watched the video two or three times trying to figure out how much the boat is listing on the goofy side. Did you have only stock surf ballast in the rear? Or did you add additional weight on the seat? I don't have the vx but I just can't quite get the goofy side clean. The boat is listed quite a bit more on the goofy side compared to when we ride regular. If we turn slightly into the wave it helps clean up the prop wash but we still get quite a bit. I have played with just about every configuration I can think of. Not quite sure what I should do now.
                I have the surf ballast
                Front full
                I have tried to add some weight to opposite side locker like some have suggested before. I'll try and post a video tomorrow morning. Any thoughts would be great.
                ...try running your number and as you go fill the none surf side tank tell it gets clean. You will end up with the boiling just in front of the swim deck as all three degrees of water meet there with nothing to break them up...why I did the flap tell the VX came out..look forward to seeing your video...

let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
                Squid
                squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by sa0303 View Post
                  Ragboy,
                  I have the surf ballast
                  Front full
                  ...try running your number and as you go fill the none surf side tank tell it gets clean. You will end up with the boiling just in front of the swim deck as all three degrees of water meet there with nothing to break them up...why I did the flap tell the VX came out..look forward to seeing your video...

let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
                  Squid
                  squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

So we got our 2014 VX brackets installed last week and this last Sunday we were out all day. 2014 brackets are LEGIT! Don't need all the weight we had to do before(We had 750lb sac plus hard tank in port locker). The wave height is back like it was pre VX and the pocket is longer than without the VX. Prop wash is gone. This is the real deal.

This was was generated with stock surf ballast front both sides full, port locker and hard tank full. Taps at 5. 10.6mph
                    2013 RZR w/ConvexVX

Comment

That is awesome, and I am loving that you guys are all seeing the same results.

Comment

That is an awesome wave. This is our 2012 RZR with surf ballast and no vx - front full and corner full - nothing on opposite side 10.8 mph taps at 4 Driver (me) 185lbs and one passenger in rear corner seat - 160lbs. The lake is only 8ft deep at its deepest as well. We are very pleased with what you can do right out of the box from Tige. The board is a 2012 4'8" broadcast

photo_1[1].JPGphoto_3[1].JPGphoto_4[1].JPGphoto_2[1].JPG

Comment

Zroutt, that wave looks super fun. I'm curious what your process was for updating your brackets on your RZR. My dealer currently thinks new brackets are only for the Z1 and Z3, so there seems to be a little confusion about which models get an update for 2014. Did you need to get a special order or something?

Comment

The brackets are definitely for the RZR and R20 also. We tested before and after, huge difference.

Comment

Does the convex vx require a new swim platform? I have a 2013 Z3 and my dealer is telling me that it doesn't require a new swim platform when I was under the assumption that it did...

Comment

Originally posted by supremedevice View Post
                                Zroutt, that wave looks super fun. I'm curious what your process was for updating your brackets on your RZR. My dealer currently thinks new brackets are only for the Z1 and Z3, so there seems to be a little confusion about which models get an update for 2014. Did you need to get a special order or something?
                                Yes it took some pressure on my dealer but they finally got the right info from Tige. I was getting the same response that it is only the Z series. They found the right person at Tige and the part numbers were ordered. Instructions were sent with it, the reshaping of the VX where it sits up close the the hull. They said it wasn't a terrible fix.
                                2013 RZR w/ConvexVX

Comment

Working...
                                X