No announcement yet.

Help me clean up my wake on my RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I owned 2 Rz4's and unfortunately they like to go FAST for good clean wakes... when we rode behind the Rz4 we all we're riding 23.8-24.8 depending on the ballast and people.. I'd speed it up a MPH or two and leave the taps at 2-3. On my Rz2 we are running 4,000lbs speed at 23.8ish and it's a super fun wake!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryDMan View Post
      Hey auburntigegal, did you ever get that wake dialed in? I have just recently purchased an RZ4 and am having the same difficulties you mentioned earlier in this thread. I can ride at 22 and the wake is pretty clean, but any slower it is washed out. From reading this thread it seems that faster speed would fix most of the issues (just gonna have to get my buddies convinced to ride/crash that fast). Would be nice to get a clean wake for my buddies at 19mph.
      We were doing pretty good towards the last of the season. Just have to increase that speed. I've tried all kinds of weight set up at slower speeds, but until we get up to 22 as well it washes some. If I can remember right, we fill the front all the way and the back 50%. My hubby's been in Kansas City most of this year and he's coming home tmrw We're planning on hitting the water Wednesday, so I'll try to get some pics and update our setup!!
      Oh and when we fill all the way and go 22-24, the wake is HUGE

Comment

We had really rough water today. We all rode pretty slow! Waves was washing some. We left ballast empty and ran about 20-21. Better at 21 but still not like I want it. Will have better water next time I hope!

Comment

Thought I'd update this. With 2 seasons behind us now, we've about got this wake figured out.
          Everyone is right about the speed.... Takes at least 22 mph and it's best at 24-25.
          Here's our wake from Sunday, 22.5, taps on 1, ballast was empty, did have to put all my peeps on the starboard side. For some reason, that side has to have more weight to clean up the wake and just sitting the passengers on that side will do it, otherwise, it washes.
          I had my zoom lens on, so I didn't catch both sides, but the other side looked same.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X