Help me clean up my wake on my RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auburntigegal View Post
    Oh, we had fun today! Thanks for all the tips! We went a little faster. Added a little weight. Still had some wash but it was cleaner! How do you do a 180 switch? I can do it at 17 mph, but faster and I'm faceplanting!
    IT'S all handle and body position.I'll DO A VIDEO THIS WEEKEND.
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Hey Aub, a really easy way to do a 180 is to pull out toe side, make your turn and pull to the wake. When you pop, release the handle with your heel side hand. The pull will rotate you with your toe side hand forward. It's pretty automatic. Amintain your vertical body position with pull on the rope to keep from catching the nose or an edge.
      So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
        Hey Aub, a really easy way to do a 180 is to pull out toe side, make your turn and pull to the wake. When you pop, release the handle with your heel side hand. The pull will rotate you with your toe side hand forward. It's pretty automatic. Amintain your vertical body position with pull on the rope to keep from catching the nose or an edge.
        That's called a halfcab. they are easy to learn because you always want to rotate back to your normal stance.
        Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
          That's called a halfcab. they are easy to learn because you always want to rotate back to your normal stance.
          I think she is referring to a surface 180.

Comment

Ah, there are a couple ways to interpret her question now that I go back and read it again.

A 180 to switch?
            A Switch 180 (halfcab)?
            A surface 180 to switch?

Hrm....
            Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
              Ah, there are a couple ways to interpret her question now that I go back and read it again.

A 180 to switch?
              A Switch 180 (halfcab)?
              A surface 180 to switch?

Hrm....
              How about a half switch half 180 full cab monkey grab...
              We want pictures.

Comment

Lol! We're beginners remember! A surface 180 is what i'm lookin to accomplish first. And getting some air, which we're all doin pretty good.

Comment

Glad the wake is improving for you. Depending on your fin configuration and size, surface 180's can be difficult or otherwise easy. Large center fins can give too much bight on the water and it will be very difficult to spin 180. On the flip side, short outer quad or dual fins make spinning relatively easy. Also helps to have a nice 'rocker' to your board (flat spot in the middle). You should try a wakeskate also to learn the balance between regular and goofy foot. A wakeskate is very easy to spin. Slightly lean back and as you rotate the board in the water shift the weighting from one foot to the other, then stay back opposite hand/foot as you normally would.

Comment

Ok! I probably need to take the center fins off my hyperlite and can get that 180 down! Me and my daughter ride one board and I think we are both ready to take those off. My husband's Ronix has a little center fin and he's got the 180 down pretty good. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Originally posted by auburntigegal View Post
                      Ok! I probably need to take the center fins off my hyperlite and can get that 180 down! Me and my daughter ride one board and I think we are both ready to take those off. My husband's Ronix has a little center fin and he's got the 180 down pretty good. Thanks for all the help!
                      How tall are the center fins?Technique will conquer any center fin.

Comment

YouTube is your friend search some how to videos, will really help you to see how it's done and the technique.

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
                          How tall are the center fins?Technique will conquer any center fin.
                          Amen!

Comment

The 180 can be tough, because then you have to ride backwards. Try this:

http://wake9.com/

Comment

Love It
                              "Just Surf Damn it"

Comment

I wanna see the fat guy at Wake 9 do the 180....

Comment

Working...
                                X