No Tigé @ the 2007 Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
    I think you're seeing the effects of popularity. Just about every type of boat (I/O and outboard included) is coming with a tower and people are wakeboarding more than skiing.
    That is true but the three majors do spend more on advertizing and development of a Tournament Ski boat.

Not busting Tige, they see more money in wakeboarding which is cool!!

Being a Loyal Tige rider.... wishing they had a better slalom boat, unfournatly will have to jump ship and move to a MC197 when I find the best deal. The open bow and sweet wakes make it a no brainer for me.

Comment

I drive by one every day on my way to work that's for sale. It's been sitting there for a while, so I'd say that you could get a pretty good deal any time you wanted to.

Larry Mann is selling his Correct Craft (it's an old boat, but one of the last flat-bottomed ski machines out there). No open bow, but you won't get a better slalom wake.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank View Post
        That is true but the three majors do spend more on advertizing and development of a Tournament Ski boat.

Not busting Tige, they see more money in wakeboarding which is cool!!

Being a Loyal Tige rider.... wishing they had a better slalom boat, unfournatly will have to jump ship and move to a MC197 when I find the best deal. The open bow and sweet wakes make it a no brainer for me.
        Have you seen the new 214? Looks pretty slick
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by wakeboarder247 View Post
          This boat: (before the metCRAP and 1200lb of ballast for wakeboarding) was an awesome ski boat. I do miss the ski wake behind it but our new 22Ve is a lot nicer, and the surf wake behind the Ve is amazing!
          but now tige no longer makes a true ski boat bc there is so much more money in wakeboarding now cuz from the way things look around here Mc has a hold of the ski market
          Everything happens for a reason
          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
            cuz from the way things look around here Mc has a hold of the ski market
            I wouldnt say that
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I said around here.....
              Everything happens for a reason
              I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Charlie P.

Back in 1996 I stood next to Charlie P. and had a frank discussion about the industry and where it was goin, Charlie correctly assurted back then that skiing was not going to support the industry and that the way to avoid extinction was to consentrate on a diverse usage of "tow boats" to use for all activities. I didn't want to hear that at the time, but it was true and that philosophy has saved the inboard industry from extinction. I still ski regularly at about 80% of my peak ability. My kids use our 20v every day to wakeboard, there are 100 wakeboarders for evry skier.
                If I can be of any help at all, your in deep doo doo!

Comment

third timer. I agree with that and see the logic. But Toyota makes a Sequoia that will pull my boat and still makes the Corolla that that put them on the map. Why not have the different model options? I enjoy skiing more than any of the other to sports. Maybe there will be a rebound someday? Everything seems to go in cycles.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by third timer View Post
                    Back in 1996 I stood next to Charlie P. and had a frank discussion about the industry and where it was goin, Charlie correctly assurted back then that skiing was not going to support the industry and that the way to avoid extinction was to consentrate on a diverse usage of "tow boats" to use for all activities. I didn't want to hear that at the time, but it was true and that philosophy has saved the inboard industry from extinction. I still ski regularly at about 80% of my peak ability. My kids use our 20v every day to wakeboard, there are 100 wakeboarders for evry skier.
                    Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                    third timer. I agree with that and see the logic. But Toyota makes a Sequoia that will pull my boat and still makes the Corolla that that put them on the map. Why not have the different model options? I enjoy skiing more than any of the other to sports. Maybe there will be a rebound someday? Everything seems to go in cycles.

You both are correct Here is another way to look at it that goes along with what you are saying TeamAllen; If you dont make the product that somebody wants, your competition will!
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I agree

I was pointing out why Pigeon has sort of underwelmed us skiers. He never thought it was worth the emphasis. I said yesterday that my 97 pre 2050 was the best slalom boat known to man. I'd like to see a slalom special boat from these guys. Keeping the molds around shouldn't be a big deal and when somebody wants one they can dust it off and build it. My 2050 was a terrible wb boat and my kids were all over me to get in the new millenium so I got a great compromise boat.

Comment

BTW around my puddle cc rules the skiers world (snobie)

Comment

No Tigé @ the 2007 Shootout

I know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Wake Havasu View Post
                            I know why.
                            Ok I'll ask "WHY?"

Comment

I second that, why

Comment

Do you both really need to go there. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X