Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a hand oil pump and put a female NPT fitting on the in put hose to the pump. I believe the fitting is a 3/8 NPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the pump. It also comes with a small hose that works good to suck the fluid out of the transmission.

Comment

MoneyPity - did you get a response to this (12 years ago)? I jsut bought a 2007 20V and have teh same question. Thanks,

Comment

Any answers to the "best way to drain" question?

Comment

Originally posted by jpar View Post
            Any answers to the "best way to drain" question?
            269961.jpg

This is the best way to drain the oil.

Comment

Great info!

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
                If you're running any other dino oil than Shell Rotella T 15w-40 grade, go to comp cams website to get full details as to why you should change your oil. To anyone running Amsoil and wondering about it being worth the money, ALL my equipment, Tige', commercial tow boats (on the ocean) and trucks run Amsoil without a single incident of failure. I tell my customers to use it and they do and still after hundreds of hours, sometimes thousands, the oil analysis always comes back great. If you use Amsoil, change the oil filters at the 100 hour service interval and add for the amount lost in the filter but don't change the oil until 200 hours. I've got 345 hours on my last oil change in the Tige' and analysis (every 100hrs) says keep going everything is fine, that's the thing with synthetics, long service life. Btw, if you're runing synthetic (which you all should be, regardless of brand) run a 10-30 or 10-40 for better oil flow rates when cold. Choose a brand you're comfortable with but know too the EPA has now removed most of the corrosion and wear lubricants from the dino lubricants so be aware that wear could be in your future, even if you chose to run the standard Merc 25w-40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammertime View Post
                  Any idea what size the brass plug is?
                  My hose on my 22ve barely makes it out of the drain plug. I would like to put a longer hose on it with a possible shut off fitting.
                  I have the 05 22v with the MP 340. I don’t think My oil hose is long enough to make it out of the drain plug. I have been using a vacuum pump through the dipstick hole for the last few years but it’s slow and finicky. I’m thinking for my next oil change I’ll just find a connector fitting and add on a length of hose to the existing oil hose. Long enough to go out the drain hole and reach a catch pan on the ground.

I won’t change my oil until the fall (2019). I’ll update the forum with results and a photo when I next change it... or get bored a need a small project. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Use his pump. It’s the best thing I’ve ever bought to drain oil. It comes with the connector to your hose. No mess, no fuss and gets every drop out.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...23?recordNum=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

every marine vehicle is being with good material. I am making diesel locomotive for marine vehicles. I have a production company with Alco Spares. marine diesel engine is being with many many small spare parts.

Comment

on-Board dealers guys well I really don't understand what it is and what to do with it.. on the Internet I read that it needs to be twisted and I even tried to do it at me in cheltenham day 2 tips 
the beginning it needs to turn out and even normally twisted, but then something went wrong. Then there was a question about where and how to fill the oil. Me it comes like all maximally do on their own without outsiders aid. Not want to go on a hundred so as there usually not get caregiver and pay for this very many money, And then I thought that I can this all do on their own
                        Last edited by Gricelda; 11-07-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

thanks for sharing this thread. marine vehicle in oil is most important for its capacity. that type's vehicle in spare parts is most important. the alco Piston rings is most important spare part in locomotive engine.

Comment

I'm getting ready to change my oil on my 340hp Marine Power. Ordered myself am extractor pump and Marineenginedepot.com sent me this filter (https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Intern.../dp/B0764JRK61) saying it would replace my marine power oil filter 0905-000... However it looks shorter than my marine power filter.

Can anyone confirm this, or point me in the right direction of a good oil filter I could stock up on for future oil changes?

Comment

I have a 2006 with the MP 340. I use NAPA Gold 1069

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X