This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine Power Oil Change questions

I am about to change the oil in my engine but wanted to verify a few things before I did.

1. What type of engine oil should I use?
    2. What is the oil filter # or part that I can use?
    3. How much oil should be removed and added?

I don’t have my manual with me so I thought I would ask here first. I have the Marine Power 360 HT engine. I havent done an oil change in a few years so Im a bit rusty.

Thanks,
    Matt

Well I guess I will answer my own reply since someone else may need this info. This was recommended for my engine type from Andrew Reyes at Tigé

Oil Weight -5W-30

Oil Filter - Oreilly Microguard Part# GL20049 Sold at Oreillys

Oil Amount - 5 1/2 quarts.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
      Well I guess I will answer my own reply since someone else may need this info. This was recommended for my engine type from Andrew Reyes at Tigé

Oil Weight -5W-30

Oil Filter - Oreilly Microguard Part# GL20049 Sold at Oreillys

Oil Amount - 5 1/2 quarts.
      That would be good info on the model specs page. Thanks for sharing!
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

We use 5 quarts of Penzoil Marine 15w40 and a Penzoil PZ3 filter.

Comment

I used Mercruiser 15w-40 Marine 4 stroke and an AC Delco PH35 and sucked out about 5 1/2 qts.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

kendall marine grade 15w40 napa 1069 gold oil filter

Comment

I've been running amsoil 15w-40, but am beginning to wonder if it is worth it. I am about to do my 200 hours oil change and am thinking of going with something else, maybe the Kendall 15w-40.

Comment

Does mercruiser make 15-40 oil? I have only seen 25-40.

Comment

Ask for John

When in doubt, call Marine Power. Find their phone number here:

http://www.marinepowerusa.com/

Ask for John. He knows a great deal and he's helped me out a lot.

Comment

Matt,
                    I have a Marine Power engine in my 98 2100i. I wouldn't argue with Andrew but Marine Power recommended to me to use a straight 30wt. I have the electric pump on mine to pull the oil out of the engine. I generally pull about 3.5 quarts out and I put 4 back in, then just watch the dipstick.
                    David
                    David
                    Lubbock, TX

Comment

Just bumping this back up since people might be changing their oil this time of year.

Comment

What is the best way to drain the oil on an
                        MP 5.7L 340hp?

Unlike my previous I/O it does not have a fitting for the pump out hose.

Comment

You should have a hose near the starboard side nearest the bow. It will be a rubber hose with a brass fitting on it.

Comment

Mine is on the port side.

Comment

I will need to talk to my dealer since it does not seem to be there. I will see if they used it when they winterized it in the first winter I owned her but did not take possesion until April of 08 and second oil change I had them do for the 20 hour checkup.

At what they get for winterizing I could heat my garage for the season.

They are not overcharging because they are in same price range as other in-board dealers to change oil and such but if the hose screws into a brass valve and has enough length to make it out the bilge drain it should be a heck of a lot easier than when I did my I/O.

I also have a hookup where I can attach a hose into the water intake system just after the weed strainer. I will not need the fake a lake toilet plunger. Basically I isolate the water input from the hull fitting to the hose fitting in the front of the motor by flipping a lever. I will flush this way and then using a Y connector run antifreeze mix into the block. Life's good.

Comment

Working...
                              X