X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
    Mine is on the port side.
    Ops, mine is also. Just check and for some reason I thought it was on the starboard side.

Comment

I found the hose and it is on the port side. I am wondering if I remove the ty-wraps holding the hose in place will it reach the bilge transom plug?

I am also looking for a way to antifreeze the motor vs. opening drains etc. My water intake goes into a weed filter then a flow divert and back to the impeller. I know if I move the lever I can use the hose fitting to flush her clean but am trying to figure best way to get anti freeze in the block.I am thinking of creating a y-valve to connect to the hose input that is after the weed strainer and after the initial flush allow fresh water and antifreeze flow into this y fitting an approximately equal flows.

Comment

If you cut the wire tie you can pull it right out of the drain plug. Just did mine last week.

Comment

I found the hose with the brass fitting coming from the bottom of the oil pan. This will fit and run out the drain plug hole in the back of the boat. GREAT!

Stupid question to ask because I want to make sure I have everything before I start this! There is not a connector or anything that goes on this fitting once unscrewed that I have to attach a pump to or anything? It is just an open end so it will drain out like a water hose?

I have seen some threads and can't find them now, but what are people using to suck out the ATF from the tranny and the oil from the v-drive units?

Comment

they do make different type pumps that you can hook to it to speed up the process. But you dont NEED to have one. Just make sure you have enogh time to do it with out it takes a while.

Comment

Warming up your oil will help it drain 100 x's faster. As far as draining the tranny, I have a pump that I suck out the fluid from the dipstick hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
                Warming up your oil will help it drain 100 x's faster. As far as draining the tranny, I have a pump that I suck out the fluid from the dipstick hole.
                X2, also works on the v-drives.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you're running any other dino oil than Shell Rotella T 15w-40 grade, go to comp cams website to get full details as to why you should change your oil. To anyone running Amsoil and wondering about it being worth the money, ALL my equipment, Tige', commercial tow boats (on the ocean) and trucks run Amsoil without a single incident of failure. I tell my customers to use it and they do and still after hundreds of hours, sometimes thousands, the oil analysis always comes back great. If you use Amsoil, change the oil filters at the 100 hour service interval and add for the amount lost in the filter but don't change the oil until 200 hours. I've got 345 hours on my last oil change in the Tige' and analysis (every 100hrs) says keep going everything is fine, that's the thing with synthetics, long service life. Btw, if you're runing synthetic (which you all should be, regardless of brand) run a 10-30 or 10-40 for better oil flow rates when cold. Choose a brand you're comfortable with but know too the EPA has now removed most of the corrosion and wear lubricants from the dino lubricants so be aware that wear could be in your future, even if you chose to run the standard Merc 25w-40.
                  Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

5 1/2 quarts
                    I use Valvoline VR1 Racing oil
                    I also drain my tranny with a siphon hose out the hull drain plug.

I don't miss pumping oil out of the dip stick hole at all! Draining the hole into empty 5 qt old oil containers is nice and clean. I have a 21i and I drilled out the hinges on the engine cover and installed removable pins. When I service the engine I just pull the pins and set the dog house aside. Working on the engine is awesome.

Comment

would you recommend the same for the marine power 340hp 5.7 on the tige 2008 22VE?? Penzoil? What about the trany fluid, do you change it regularly with the engine oil or when?? What type of pump do you recommend??

Comment

The bottom line is to do manufacturers suggested service , hrs and months, use the weight they reccommend, the oil you like, but dont go buy the oil companys reccomendations they dont have near the testing hrs that GM has on their motors, Ive never owned any vehicle that hasnt gone over 300,000 miles on an original engine, service is king.

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
                          The bottom line is to do manufacturers suggested service , hrs and months, use the weight they reccommend, the oil you like, but dont go buy the oil companys reccomendations they dont have near the testing hrs that GM has on their motors, Ive never owned any vehicle that hasnt gone over 300,000 miles on an original engine, service is king.
                          I agree with dom.He has years of experience working on cars and boats.
                          I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Hey everyone just spent the past week researching how to maintain my boat and I went through a ton of threads on this site and I called my local dealer and I went out and visited part stores and here's a consolidated list of what I learned...

(Disclaimer: I am not an expert by any means, but I am a pretty good researcher and I think this post will hopefully help some of you out there get back on the water sooner, please let me know if it helps you.)

My Boat:
                            2004 Tige 22V Limited Edition

My Location:
                            Central Florida

My Engine:
                            Manufactured 09/2003
                            Marine Power, GM 350 Vortec 5.7 Liter, 335 HP

Here is what I used...

Oil Evacuator/Extractor:
                            Mityvac - MV7201
                            (Amazon.com $89.00)
                            Personally examined the MV7201, MV7400, and the West Marine oil extractor and it's hands down the MV7201 is the winner and worth the extra money. Trust me on this one, the MV7201 is the only one that will hold the line tight and not let oil out.

Oil: 5 Quarts
                            Rotella T 15w40 (Per Tige Dealer)
                            (Walmart $13.32 per gallon = 4 quarts)
                            Could also use Kendall 15w40 synthetic, or Pennzoil Marine Grade 15w40 (per Tige Dealer) - Extracted fluid via dipstick hole. Be sure to add 3 to 4 quarts into reservoir hole and then check your oil dipstick to see if you need to add anymore.

Oil Filter:
                            Napa Gold Oil Filter #1069 (Per Tige Dealer)
                            (Napa Auto Parts Store, $6.69)
                            Could also use Mobile1 (M1-111) or any other parts store equivalent filter. Be sure to have a good filter removal tool, plenty of paper towels, and a big plastic bag to catch the filter and oil that comes out of this.

Transmission Fluid: 2 Quarts
                            2 quarts - Dexron III ATF (Per Marine Power Engine Manual)
                            (Walmart, $3 or $4 per quart)
                            Could also use SAE 30W (Per Tige Forum), or Kendall Versatrans ATF fluid (Per Tige Dealer). I extracted fluid via dipstick hole and slowly added about two quarts back in through the dipstick hole.

V-Drive Fluid: 1 Quart (Advanced Auto Parts)
                            SAE 30W (Per Tige Dealer)
                            From what I researched the brand of oil isn't really important. Extracted fluid via dipstick hole on top of v-drive and slowly added fluid via dipstick hole about 7 ounces up to 1 quart. Need a small funnel to do this job.

Impeller:
                            Raw Water Pump Impeller - Stock No 527246 (Per Tige Dealer)
                            (Marine Parts Source.com http://www.marinepartssource.com/index.asp)

IMPELLER;PUMP F6B by MARINE POWER = $37.95
                            Part #: 63765 / MARINE POWER #: 527246

12 Blade Johnson Pump Impeller Kit by JOHNSON PUMP = $28.93
                            Part #: 73192 / JOHNSON PUMP #: 09-812B-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpBoVRAAZhI - How to install Video

Spark plugs: (Advanced Auto Parts)
                            AC Delco 41-933 (Per Tige Dealer & Marine Power Engine Manual) - Gap .060

Fuel Filter:
                            Marine Power G-Force Filter #396007 or RACOR #R58011-10
                            (Marine Parts Source.com http://www.marinepartssource.com/index.asp)

G Force Fuel Pump Filter by MARINE POWER = $41.98
                            Part #: 83539 / MARINE POWER #: 396007

FILTER DFCM 10-MICRON by RACOR = $27.31
                            Part #: 152684 / RACOR #: R58011-10

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11758 - How to install
                            http://www.michiganmotorz.com/gforce...ter-p-384.html - Good Picture and Site

My engine has Two Fuel Pumps a high pressure and low pressure. High Pressure Pump is located on Port Side/Stern of Engine (No Step, sticker on top) and contains a filter that needs to be replaced about every 200 hrs. Very tight fit and hard to get out, do not open without having the new filter because opening this will destroy the o-ring inside.

Comment

I know this is very a old thread but I have a 97 2100I with Marina Power and have been using 30wt since I purchased the boat new. Never an issue and I still own the boat. Change the oil at the end of each season. Happy boating 2016 season

Comment

Any idea what size the brass plug is?
                                My hose on my 22ve barely makes it out of the drain plug. I would like to put a longer hose on it with a possible shut off fitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X