No announcement yet.

Amp help. JL audio 6ch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just shore charge and you don't have to worry about a upgrade. Unless you go crazy big in stereo equipment a alternator upgrade isn't necessary.
    Kaotik Kustomz: WetSounds, Arc, Kicker, Focal, Masconi, Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, MTX, Life Form, Lumitec, Shadow Caster, Fly High, Llumarr, Sun Tek, SolarFX....

Comment

Ordered all my parts for battery install, amp power etc. Started layout fur my amp wall yesterday. These amps take up a lot of space ! Only thing left to buy now is rca and ws 420. Once get my bonus and pay Uncle Sam I will look at the sub option lol ! Death and taxes right!!

Does anybody know what color the the carpet is and where I can find some to cover this board? It's a charcoal color. I removed the cooler and need to install some under where it was because factory stopped the carpet about halfway under that seat. Not sure if I have a picture posted with the carpet but I will take some and post them this afternoon. But I think they pretty much used the same carpet for years. My 02 22i had the same carpet as the 08 z1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

here is what I use laid on top of a piece of factory tige carpet. Its just a shade lighter, but once installed, its very hard to tell theres a difference.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ordered a 6'x7' piece of remnants from marinecarpeting.com for 50 bucks. 20oz. fabric in medium grey. hopefully it matches up pretty good.

Comment

Here is a medium gray on the tige carpet. Med on the right, tige on the left. I use the medium in the older Bu's, Moomba, Supra and Centurion

Last edited by chpthril; 02-24-2016, 03:21 PM.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The one I ordered looked closer to the tige carpet. From the website picture. I will try to post it shortly

Comment

file_22_1_2.jpg

Comment

Well cp was right the grey is a little lighter. But didn't want to pay 130 plus for the right color. Looks like I'm not using the amp wall after all any way so wasted 50 bucks. But I guess I can use it on something else.

Comment

Started test fitting everything last night. Ended up just putting Amps back in original location for now on right side of wall under glove box. Removed the cooler since it's never used and made a battery bank there. May add another battery later or two?? Gonna run the wires under floor over gas tank in casing up through the floor where the amps are mounted. Should be a clean install. Saved a little money on wire doin it that way. Plus the battery bank will give me a little weight on the starboard side since most of seating is on port side. Had to order some more ground cable as what I had leftover from my old boat was a little short. So by mid next week should have batteries in place and power to amps. Then will start with the rest of wiring and speaker installs. Picked up a pair of kicker km65 led speaker for 100 bucks on eBay. That will either replace the jls or go in new location. Under seat in the rear middle that's removed in picture. Plan to buy either 1 or two pair of the km8 depending on if they will fit in that location.

Comment

But didn't want to pay 130 plus for the right color.
                      Would you have paid 'bout $30 for 3' x 6' of the right color? Its the 16 oz, which i find way easier to work with in this application.

Comment

lol yes I would have. But ended up not goin with amp wall. Didn't have to cut more carpet, adhere standoffs to side of hull, less labor and money. If I ever upgrade to amps with smaller footprint I'll still be good will just need to change distribution block I'm using. The two jl six channels take up the whole wall. Tried to buy a new jl m700/5 on eBay but went a little higher than I wanted to pay right now with all the other stuff I have goin on this boat. I think these jl will give me decent sound for my setup leaving the free air subs in place and adding the new speakers.

Comment

cp what do you use under the wet sound clamps to keep from gouging the tower? look like from some pictures ive seen they come with rubber cut to fit the clamps but mine are bare metal. i have some rubber i can use but does wet sounds make cut pieces for the clamps?

Comment

All the Wet Sounds speakers with the TC3-F and TC3-S clamps come with a 2 piece rubber/nylon insert. Replacements can be purchased from Wet Sounds.

Comment

Awesome just called them and they are shipping them to me no charge! cant beat that!

Comment

Working...
                              X