Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, there we go, just made it!! Now off to work, gotta send out emails
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

only 220 left till jedi master!! I can't wait! I'll do it tomorrow night, ok, maybe not, tomorrow is drinking at altitude Good night everyone!! Have a splendid sleep! Don't miss me too much!!,

ok zad, where is your smart @$$ comment

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
        only 220 left till jedi master!! I can't wait! I'll do it tomorrow night, ok, maybe not, tomorrow is drinking at altitude Good night everyone!! Have a splendid sleep! Don't miss me too much!!,

ok zad, where is your smart @$$ comment
        Who me smart a$$, NO WAY I respect my elders
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

ha ha ha, your funny! When I move back to the cental US, we will have to ski/board sometime!!

Comment

We will have to get a reunion down there at bull shoals.

Tequila I researched Norfork a bit. Its the only lake that has public sand beaches in that area. But my dad said he saw a map that said its deepest point is about 20 ft. I dont know about you but once we get into water <10 feet were on alert in case of some obstacle or rock of whatever.

Comment

yeah for sure zad, I'm the same way, but the new lake I'm at now is only 12 at the deepest, and normally around 8, but it's man made, so hope to god i'm ok

Comment

Shoot, we pray for 10 feet, 5 feet is normal, 3 feet we hold our breath and I make people move up front so the stern rises a bit, 2 feet...everyone out and push I have my depth alarm go off at 4 feet. Of course we get a much better wake when we have 10 plus feet of water. We just have to watch the tides...bet that isn't something many of you have to worry about.

Comment

yeah for sure zad, I'm the same way, but the new lake I'm at now is only 12 at the deepest, and normally around 8, but it's man made, so hope to god i'm ok
                  Yeah see if its a mud bottom i wouldnt be as afraid but doing to places like ozarks and such where its rock, were as careful as possible. Who knows whats at the bottom of the ozarks( expensive boats). Where we do most of our skiing is at a 16 acre lake out in IL that my dads cousin owns and its deepest point is 6 feet. But its all mud so no worries and i dont think a $500,000 boat sunk in it anyway. Just a carpet.

Comment

yeah have mine to go off at 4 as well, but if your heading the wrong way, 4 is too late

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                      We will have to get a reunion down there at bull shoals.

Tequila I researched Norfork a bit. Its the only lake that has public sand beaches in that area. But my dad said he saw a map that said its deepest point is about 20 ft. I dont know about you but once we get into water <10 feet were on alert in case of some obstacle or rock of whatever.

I get nervous around 10 feet as well. Most of our lakes were flooded before they had time to cut all the timber out. So there are places where HUGE trees still stand under the water (T-rock was flooded in the late 50's)

I pulled up a 45' cedar tree two years ago that our anchor had hooked around the base, and we broke it off pulling the anchor up. Everyone here knows that if you just power the motor a bit, you will probably break off whatever tree you are hooked too.

BTW, pulling a 45' water logged Cedar tree up from about 75', hand over hand is one heck of a work out. Getting it off the anchor (fluke style) is a whole different type of workout.

Zad is correct, we have huge rocks around as well, I don't think much of T-rock is muddy bottomed...at least I haven't seen it.
                      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

t-rock isn't a mud bottom, otherwise it would be muddy! it's gotta be rock or something! to be that clear and nice

Comment

Same thing happened at bull shoals we anchored in the same spot 2 days in a row and it got snagged on something most likely a tree. The rope was all black so probably the bark from the tree.

Comment

dom when are you moving back this way, we have an apartment for rent(hint hint)

a mid west reunion would be nice as long as non tigé owners are allowed

we could all stay at tequilas house
                            The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

um, sorry but I'll never rent again, now that I own

Comment

um, sorry but I'll never rent again, now that I own
                                well where do you plan on moving and when?
                                The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Working...
                                X