• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kko View Post
    Nice naked lady on the wall.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
      Nice one. FWIW, We are doing the forest a favor around here. That is why it's only $10 for a permit to go cut one. They grow like weeds out here and thinning out the forest helps during fire season. I hiked for nearly a mile and saw only one stump from a cut down christmas tree. So do I feel bad about cutting down a living tree? Hell no. I can understand a plastic tree if you live in a desolate wasteland like Texas but, a plastic tree in Oregon? Come on Sparky, your better than that.
      There are tree farms in Oregon? Well in that case I'm getting a fresh one!

No, about 5 years ago I spent $65 from the local boyscouts to get this awsome tree. Then it died, completely brown on christmas eve. So then I had to scramble to find a freaking tree on christmas eve....so I finally found one for $90 and got home took all the crap off the dead tree and as I'm decorating the new one I kept seeing these shadows on my family room wall....to make a long story short there was a small bee-hive in the tree and as it warmed up the bees became active.......was a PITA.........that was the last real tree for me.....

Comment

That's funny Sparky! I'll be be sharing and laughing at that experience for quite awhile.

It's good you supported the local Boy Scouts though. Too bad it died.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by sparky216 View Post
          There are tree farms in Oregon? Well in that case I'm getting a fresh one!

No, about 5 years ago I spent $65 from the local boyscouts to get this awsome tree. Then it died, completely brown on christmas eve. So then I had to scramble to find a freaking tree on christmas eve....so I finally found one for $90 and got home took all the crap off the dead tree and as I'm decorating the new one I kept seeing these shadows on my family room wall....to make a long story short there was a small bee-hive in the tree and as it warmed up the bees became active.......was a PITA.........that was the last real tree for me.....
          Dude! That sucks.

Tree lots around here are giving away trees right now because no one is buying them. Ouch.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            Nice naked lady on the wall.
            sshhhhhhhh shes shy dont get everyone staring at her!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
              That's funny Sparky! I'll be be sharing and laughing at that experience for quite awhile.

It's good you supported the local Boy Scouts though. Too bad it died.
              Yea, I can laugh at it now...but at the time I was already angry, then the bee's incident just added fuel to the fire. I'm normally an overly festive man, but that year I tanked. What was really funny was how big the bees were and how slow and lethargic they were........never seen bees come out of "hibernation" before....oh well.....plastic trees for me!

Comment

Yea, I can laugh at it now...but at the time I was already angry, then the bee's incident just added fuel to the fire. I'm normally an overly festive man, but that year I tanked. What was really funny was how big the bees were and how slow and lethargic they were........never seen bees come out of "hibernation" before....oh well.....plastic trees for me!
                Can anyone ship Sparky some plastic bees? So he can remember the good ol' days?

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
                  Can anyone ship Sparky some plastic bees? So he can remember the good ol' days?
                  LMAO.....that there is funny!

Comment

We had some hornets in the walls of our lakehouse a few years back. My wife kept hearing a buzzing sound. I did find some openings where they might have gotten in and sealed them up. I never did tell her what I did, so now I tease her whenever she hears noises I can't hear, reminding her of the bees-in-the-wall incident.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Now I know where Sparky's name comes from. That's Ellen's pet name for Clark W. Griswold, and that beehive reminds me of something right out of Christmas Vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 275 View Post
                        Now I know where Sparky's name comes from. That's Ellen's pet name for Clark W. Griswold, and that beehive reminds me of something right out of Christmas Vacation.
                        I'm sure we've all had our National Lampoon moment
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

LMAO.....that there is funny!
                          X2, very funny! Where can you get plastic bees?

Michaels?
                          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                          X