Christmas Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    I agree 100%, not every area of the US can grow Xmas trees. We are lucky, within a couple of hrs drive, we have dozens of tree farms that are both choose-n-cut as well as harvested and sold to lots all around the country. I guess you can look at it this way, it could be my neighbor working that chainsaw or driving that truck, but he sure didn't have a hand in making that plastic tree from across the pond
    Not sure where my tree was made. I think you're making a big assumption there.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
      Not sure where my tree was made. I think you're making a big assumption there.
      Probably right, hardly anything is made out of country these days.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Nice one. FWIW, We are doing the forest a favor around here. That is why it's only $10 for a permit to go cut one. They grow like weeds out here and thinning out the forest helps during fire season. I hiked for nearly a mile and saw only one stump from a cut down christmas tree. So do I feel bad about cutting down a living tree? Hell no. I can understand a plastic tree if you live in a desolate wasteland like Texas but, a plastic tree in Oregon? Come on Sparky, your better than that.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
          Nice one. FWIW, We are doing the forest a favor around here. That is why it's only $10 for a permit to go cut one. They grow like weeds out here and thinning out the forest helps during fire season. I hiked for nearly a mile and saw only one stump from a cut down christmas tree. So do I feel bad about cutting down a living tree? Hell no. I can understand a plastic tree if you live in a desolate wasteland like Texas but, a plastic tree in Oregon? Come on Sparky, your better than that.
          Ouch! We have a couple of tree farms within 10 miles of where I live. Near Sam Houston National Forest
          If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
            Good points Mike. We also take our trees to a collection point after Christmas and Park Service puts them into Lake Mead to create fish habitats. Pretty cool.
            Only bad part about this practice is when the tree comes loose from the weight they are attached to. They usually float just below the surface. I hit one hard with my hyrdrofoil last year.

Comment

Just to be clear, mine is no farm tree.

Comment

yep just responding to 'desolate wasteland like Texas'

Comment

Ours is a farm tree. A darn nice one too! Man did we get a lot of family value out of the experience of finding our tree this year.

Comment

We got one from Costco last year Yes, that dang fake tree looks great and saved me money this year.

Comment

Looks like somebody needs some Midol
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by skyski_tige View Post
                        yep just responding to 'desolate wasteland like Texas'
                        Roger. "Desolate wasteland" coming from a native Nevadan.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                          Looks like somebody needs some Midol
                          First letter "D", last letter "t".

Comment

10 bucks wow!! that thing would go for big coin here in FLA. the first place i went was $$10/ft. i ended up at lowes with an 8 footer for 40 bucks.
                            we went with the american flag theme this year.
                            Last edited by kko; 12-10-2008, 12:23 AM.

Comment

great looking tree!

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
                                10 bucks wow!! that thing would go for big coin here in FLA. the first place i went was $$10/ft. i ended up at lowes with an 8 footer for 40 bucks.
                                we went with the american flag theme this year.
                                KKO you go all out with the red, white and blue theme, painting the walls red and all. Great looking tree and love the theme.
                                My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X