Christmas Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Trees

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the tree. Just got ours yesterday. Got it up but still need to decorate. Found a nice one though. One nice thing about this area is that you can find a nice tree 30 minutes out of town. Can't beat it for $10.
    Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

That is one big tree!!!

Comment

Hay Grizwald, where ya gonna put a tree that big?

Looks great.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Nice Nick.......I'm ashamed to admit that I have resorted to fake trees........ Yes I'm a loser@!

Comment

Originally posted by sparky216 View Post
          Nice Nick.......I'm ashamed to admit that I have resorted to fake trees........ Yes I'm a loser@!
          Or environmentally conscious.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

tree farms are big business in NC mountains, nice tree btw

Comment

That is no Charlie Brown Cristmas Tree. You're going to need an extension ladder to decorate that beast.

Nah, maybe one of those cherry pickers.
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                Or environmentally conscious.
                Actually, I'd bet that the negative impact of cutting down 1 tree, to which one is already planted and growing at the farm to replace it, is less the carbon foot-print left behind by making a plastic petroleum-based tree. Live trees also support the local economy - You make a one-time purchase of a $120 fake tree, made in China, at a cost of $10 a unit. Or, you buy a $30 live tree every season from a local, family owned tree farm
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

X2
                  Formertigeowners.com
                  I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Actually, I'd bet that the negative impact of cutting down 1 tree, to which one is already planted and growing at the farm to replace it, is less the carbon foot-print left behind by making a plastic petroleum-based tree. Live trees also support the local economy - You make a one-time purchase of a $120 fake tree, made in China, at a cost of $10 a unit. Or, you buy a $30 live tree every season from a local, family owned tree farm
                    Good points Mike. We also take our trees to a collection point after Christmas and Park Service puts them into Lake Mead to create fish habitats. Pretty cool.

Comment

Can we call you " Saint Nick " now?

Comment

I'm sorry " Saint Nickypoo "!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          Well, it depends on where you live. Our trees come from up north on trucks. Lot's of carbon burned getting them here. The average tree costs $80. We went with a tree w/ built-in LED lights.
                          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Our trees are trucked in from Oregon as well. My biggest issue is the fire hazard. Have you ever seen the video of one of those trees blazing away in like 1.2 seconds?
                            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                              Well, it depends on where you live. Our trees come from up north on trucks. Lot's of carbon burned getting them here. The average tree costs $80. We went with a tree w/ built-in LED lights.
                              I agree 100%, not every area of the US can grow Xmas trees. We are lucky, within a couple of hrs drive, we have dozens of tree farms that are both choose-n-cut as well as harvested and sold to lots all around the country. I guess you can look at it this way, it could be my neighbor working that chainsaw or driving that truck, but he sure didn't have a hand in making that plastic tree from across the pond

Comment

Working...
                              X