No announcement yet.

iPhone 2.0 and 3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't Apple sometimes allow people that bought a device <3 months ago have the ability to upgrade their products free of charge???? I know they did it with their OS but what about the Touch/iPhone's OS????

Comment

Yeah us Touch owners are getting shafted.....
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I have the first generation iPhone with 2.0 Software. I actually had the 2.0 software the day before it came out, from a leak. It was the same exact thing as the real deal. Supposedly it was the software that was used for the demo 3G iPhones. The 2.0 software is awesome. I see no point in getting the 3G. 1. I have no 3G service where I am, so the feature would be useless. 2. The service charges are heard to be horrible. 3. The GPS is useless without 3G, which I don't have) 4.Save money. Also did you hear if you wanted to trade your old iPhone in for the new one they would only give you a $40 credit for your iPhone. That is crazy! You could sell it for more than that. Some applications I have are: AIM, Facebook, Myspace, Super Monkey Ball, Remote (Control iTunes from your iPhone or iPod Touch), Twitterrific, AOL Radio, Spinner, Phone Saber, Pangea VR(Panoramic photos from across the world), Shazam (Identifies music), TypePad, VoiceNotes, Light, vSnax (Like a TV), World 9, Italian French and German Phrases, Rotary Dialer, TapTheBeat, ZIPcodes, Dial Zero, Currency, Blip Zero, Bloomberg, Bubbles, CheckPlease, Jared, ColorTilt, Epocrates Rx, Weather Bug, RubyRepeat (Memorization Game), and Moo. Overall I think the new software is great, except for a bad decision on Apple's part to launch two major things in one day. (iPhone 3G and MobileMe). I also set up MobileMe and it seems to work fine except for the issues Apple is working out. Its great that the upgrade was free to iPhone users, and only I think $9.99 for iPod Touch users. Apple is always coming up with something bigger and better than what is on the market now, and I can't wait to see what is next.
        It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeboarder1122 View Post
          I have the first generation iPhone with 2.0 Software. I actually had the 2.0 software the day before it came out, from a leak. It was the same exact thing as the real deal. Supposedly it was the software that was used for the demo 3G iPhones. The 2.0 software is awesome. I see no point in getting the 3G. 1. I have no 3G service where I am, so the feature would be useless. 2. The service charges are heard to be horrible. 3. The GPS is useless without 3G, which I don't have) 4.Save money. Also did you hear if you wanted to trade your old iPhone in for the new one they would only give you a $40 credit for your iPhone. That is crazy! You could sell it for more than that. Some applications I have are: AIM, Facebook, Myspace, Super Monkey Ball, Remote (Control iTunes from your iPhone or iPod Touch), Twitterrific, AOL Radio, Spinner, Phone Saber, Pangea VR(Panoramic photos from across the world), Shazam (Identifies music), TypePad, VoiceNotes, Light, vSnax (Like a TV), World 9, Italian French and German Phrases, Rotary Dialer, TapTheBeat, ZIPcodes, Dial Zero, Currency, Blip Zero, Bloomberg, Bubbles, CheckPlease, Jared, ColorTilt, Epocrates Rx, Weather Bug, RubyRepeat (Memorization Game), and Moo. Overall I think the new software is great, except for a bad decision on Apple's part to launch two major things in one day. (iPhone 3G and MobileMe). I also set up MobileMe and it seems to work fine except for the issues Apple is working out. Its great that the upgrade was free to iPhone users, and only I think $9.99 for iPod Touch users. Apple is always coming up with something bigger and better than what is on the market now, and I can't wait to see what is next.
          The GPS is totally separate from the 3G feature. You can have the 3G off, and the GPS works fine. The only service charge, is on iphone 2G, data plan is 20/mo, and with the 3G phone, data plan is 30/mo. All else is the same.

The software available a day early, was the real software, not beta. Apple had loaded the software on their servers a day early to prepare. Someone downloaded the new 7.7 itunes, and hacked into it and saw references to the new software and downloaded and posted to others the link.

iPhone 2.0 software is a major upgrade, like a new mac os x, or windows, its only 9.99 on the touch for like a whole new device. The only reason it is free on the iphone, is the iphone is more service/subscription oriented. You get free updates, cuz you are paying monthly for the phone. The touch is like a mac, you buy once and thats it, and pay a reasonable for major system/software updates.
          Last edited by ragboy; 07-13-2008, 09:22 AM.
          http://wake9.com/

Comment

Been running the 2.0 update have'nt found any real cool apps for doing business or helping me be more productive yet. Seems like everything I need is already in the iPhone itself. Can't wait for developers to come out with new apps though.

Also glad I stuck to the non 3g version. 3g is everywhere in Dallas/FT Worth but so is Wifi.

Comment

my 3g phone is somewhere
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I finally got my phone!! I love it and the 3g is fast! What a great phone!

Comment

Very cool, battery has gotten a bit better with the 2.02 update also.

Comment

So I subscribe to the Geekbrief TV podcast. Last week they were talking about how the iPhone lacked the ability to do copy and paste among the different apps in the phone. Is this true? I'm asking because I use this feature a lot between the calender, address book, e-mail and notepad applications on my crackberry all the time. It would be a bummer not to have that.

I'm sick of my Verizon service and all the dropped calls, so moving providers isn't a big issue for me. I am intrigued the phone.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

if you watch the podcast on copy and paste, she mentions a way devs are working around it, but it is not in the phone yet, officially, but supposedly coming out soon.

Comment

can you hear me now
                        15 Escalade ESV-Black
                        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

copy and paste would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                            if you watch the podcast on copy and paste, she mentions a way devs are working around it, but it is not in the phone yet, officially, but supposedly coming out soon.
                            I did, that's why I was asking the question. I found it incredible that such a critical function was omitted. Oh well, I guess I'll wait a little longer.
                            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

hey Ragboy,

Do u have a problem with your phone when u text sometimes it's super slow and u can type like ten letters ahead of what it is showing on the screen? It happens the most when I go from the net to texting. Thanks in advance.

Dom

Comment

sometimes, not very often though. Make sure you keep updating the software, every apple update makes things more snappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X