iPhone 2.0 and 3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone 2.0 and 3G

So, I have iTunes 7.7, and I have had 2.0 installed since about 9am. 2.0 is very cool, all the new apps are awesome, and many are free. I can't see how anyone is going to catch up to this.

I plan on giving 2 of my kids our 2 older iphones, and going tomorrow to get the 3G. I gotta tell ya, most reviews say, unless you REALLY want faster speed, the old phone with 2.0 software is just about as good. But I want GPS with all the exploring we do. Anyway, I will let you know how the 3G works.

Anyone else on the bleeding edge?
    http://wake9.com/

No but just got the updates to my Apple TV. You can now use your I Phone or I Touch as a remote for your I Tunes or Apple TV!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

yes, but you have to have iphone software 2.0, and the REMOTE application from the app store installed. Its pretty cool.

Comment

Yes, I have been running 2.0 since yesterday morning. Love it. They have some great apps. I love the Texas hold Em, can't put it down.

Comment

I would if they offered the iPhone on the Sprint Network.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
            I would if they offered the iPhone on the Sprint Network.
            You could always unlock it.
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Man it never fails.

"Apple and AT&T Stores Having Difficulty Activating iPhones (UPDATE: It's the iPocalypse)"
              http://gizmodo.com/5024187/apple-and...the-ipocalypse

Just goes to show no matter how much money, technology, infrastructure and redundancy you have server(s) or software will always crash. Seems that no one can stand a flood of traffic like that.

Same thing happened with Mozilla with the release of their FireFox 3 version. I also remember cnn.com coming to a brief halt when 9/11 happened.

Haven't upgraded to 2.0 yet, probably a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                You could always unlock it.
                CDMA = Sprint

AT&T = GSM

Won't work.

Comment

When I bought my Ipod the salesperson said she had a brother who was using an Iphone on sprint
                  Common Sense is not so Common
                  Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Not sure how they did that....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      Not sure how they did that....
                      Sprint is changing to G3. Verizon's the last hold out. CDMA sux!
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                        Sprint is changing to G3. Verizon's the last hold out. CDMA sux!
                        When will that be happening???? Would be nice then....

Comment

I got mine this AM, and one for my daughter. I want her on GPS, and with a couple of apps, I can always see where she is. They told us to activate via itunes when we got home, about to do that. The computers were hammered. I am up here in chico, and over 100 people in line, all the way around building, but they were prepared. I sent 3 of my kids to wait in line at 5am, and i just showed up for the last 30 minutes. I thought the plastic back, would look cheesier, but not at all, looks great. And the plastic is supposed to help with signal, the metal hindered a bit.

Comment

how do you get the 2.0 software? how do I update my phone? just hook it up to itunes?
                            Everything happens for a reason
                            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                              how do you get the 2.0 software? how do I update my phone? just hook it up to itunes?
                              From my understanding, yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X