Anybody need water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody need water?

We have plenty down here in Central Texas. Mother Nature felt obligated to drop 18" in a 5 hour period and we're not done yet. Seems like we had a Tropical Depression form over normally arid Central Texas. Could put a damper on the July 4th festivities
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

I am sure we could use the water in NorCal. Especially in the Tahoe Basin right now

Comment

We are getting some of your rain here in Colorado, we could use a little more though (as much as I hate to say that). It's been in the upper 90's for the last few days (even hit 100) and drying everything out.

Comment

I'm in Central Cali and I need some water! It's only the beginning of the summer and our lake is already on ramp 2.. Send some of that rain this way would ya?
        If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

dog are guys completely flooded or what? lake georgetown is 18 feet over full right now. after everything you guys got i can't imagine what buchanan and lbj look like.

Comment

I know travis needed that rain bad as well. I remember the small lake near San Antonio (Lake Medina) going over the spillway one spring. I also remember having to launch about 20 feet past the end of the ramp. Sorry about the flooding but good thing for the lakes.

Comment

yeah we need rain in bako, we are 5 inches behind for the year and we only get 6 inches, ha ha ha I am dumbfounded by the lack of rain!!
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by typerider View Post
                dog are guys completely flooded or what? lake georgetown is 18 feet over full right now. after everything you guys got i can't imagine what buchanan and lbj look like.
                All the Highland lakes are closed except for Lake Buchanan (that's Inks Lake, Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls, Lake Travis, Lake Austin and Town Lake). I suspect that most of these will be closed thru the 4th of July. It's gonna be a bummer for most folks around here. Lake Buchanan is only about 1 foot over full. Lake Travis, on the other hand, is 14' over full. Another 19' and it's over the spillway and that's bad for Austin because at that point the LCRA loses its ability to control flooding.

I'm hoping the water quality on Lake Buchanan isn't too bad, but there's still 30 orders of magnitude more water coming down the river into the lake than normal. We're expecting even more rain.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

yeah the central us is getting pounded. I wanted to drag my boat back for labor day, but I'm scared it will rain all weekend!!

Comment

Yeah, this flooding is crazy, my buddies and I are wondering if we will be able to get out on Travis NEXT weekend.

I wonder what would happen if Lake Travis approached the spillway, would they open more floodgates to attempt to keep it from flowing over? I would think so, that would seem to allow them to regulate the flow a little bit anyways. But who knows, if we get another 19 inches in a night we are screwed. That is scary to think about, I will stop now.

Comment

that's what's funny we talk to people here about getting 19 inches in one night and they just stuttor, they don't get 19 inches here in 3 years!!

Comment

Here in Central Cali we got 6 inches this winter..
                        If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

um i'm in cental and we didn't get 6.

Comment

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr/versprod...il=CLI&sid=SFO

not sure what your referring to, but this whole year and by year in rain fall in Cali it's calculated july 1st to june 30 the next year bakersfield only got 3 inches. and avg is 6.4

the site above shows it.

Comment

NorCal Central Valley got very little rain this year. Here is Sacramento, we got 8 inches of rain and we normally get 14+ inches yearly.... Last year was a great year for rain but WAY above norm...

Comment

Working...
                              X