Boat Etiquette Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Langwell View Post
    Closest ill be to out there is wake the desert competition in texas.
    Holler at me when ya'll are here, maybe we can get a set in! Did you come last year?

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
      Holler at me when ya'll are here, maybe we can get a set in! Did you come last year?
      Sounds great ! We did not go last year as we were still practicing with the kids , fast forward a year and my daughter has a surf shop/ tige dealer sponsor and my son is chasing it hard ! Would love to get together ! We have met a ton of great people along the journey, boat owners and pros alike. My daughter was actually presented her first board from the owner of the shop that sponsors her (Pull Watersports) and Drew Daniello a couple weeks ago at the boat show in Atl. Its posted on phase5 instagram page (doating father). Will definitely look you up when it gets closer to time !!!!!
      Last edited by Langwell; 02-03-2018, 02:20 PM.
      If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Originally posted by Langwell View Post
        Sounds great ! We did not go last year as we were still practicing with the kids , fast forward a year and my daughter has a surf shop/ tige dealer sponsor and my son is chasing it hard ! Would love to get together ! We have met a ton of great people along the journey, boat owners and pros alike. My daughter was actually presented her first board from the owner of the shop that sponsors her (Pull Watersports) and Drew Daniello a couple weeks ago at the boat show in Atl. Its posted on phase5 instagram page (doating father). Will definitely look you up when it gets closer to time !!!!!
        That's awesome man! Enjoy that Stoke! Its so fun...my whole family competes. My kids (8 & 7) have just started riding for a board co this year (2018), we are awful proud ourselves!

I'll PM you my phone number - we work the event but usually have some time here and there! Its a good comp, you won't be disappointed if this is your first year! What's cool about this one is after the surfing, the wakeboarders throw down...and on Sunday, they REALLY throw down Its awesome to watch.

Comment

Awesome!
          If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

I feel the answer is as classic as this: if you lend someone money, don't expect the debt repaid.

Boating is to each their own and boat owners should know what it takes. When I take people out either on the ocean or on the lake, I'm doing it for them and will absorb the costs unless someone offers. Fellow Tige owners, friends and family. The experience and their experiences are more important to me.
            However, we used to go once a week during the week and I would take my employees always rotating someone else for the next week. The expenses for those trips was $125/trip for boat fuel, truck fuel, beer and food so we would recycle all the cans and bottle from my fuel dock each week to pay for it.
            I see the exasperation of some boat owners when the same group rides together all the time and people don't pitch in but in order for there not to be conflict, set YOUR expectations before someone sets foot on YOUR boat.
            Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              Biggest one is I have two buddies that I trust to back up truck and trailer at pull out time. They will always get the invite. Still working on that skill with the wife. Need someone else to teach her I think so she will actually listen

I had my brother teach my wife for the same reason. She was willing to listen to him where as she always challenges me. She doesn’t like to be “told” what to do by me so it was better for him to teach her. She still isn’t perfect but we use walkie talkies when she backs up so if she gets really tweaked I can help her out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Overall, I really only have a few rules and it mostly has to do with food and drinks. Nothing orange or red allows on the boat. IF you brought a sub sandwich, you can eat it on the swim step or on a raft. And no spray on sunscreen.

As far as gas, like others said, it is certainly nice and will get them a repeat invite, but I am going out anyway so It’s not required. I make my kids cleanup after so usually the guests catch on at that time and offer to help.

With my direct personality, I usually don’t have a problem telling them the rules prior.

One time, a family joined us for a day trip. I told them nothing red or orange prior. The mom gets on with a Tupperware of salsa, and a Tupperware of fresh berries. I said “it looks good... but there is no f’in way anyone is eating that on the boat”. She laughed thinking I was joking. I told her very directly, I am not joking. Everything is white and there was no way i would allow it. I think she thought I had a pontoon boat or a Duffy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X