No announcement yet.

Boat Etiquette Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We take 2 different trips almost every weekend, 1 early morning or late evening surf set , those guys know the drill. 2 the kids friends and their families, the regulars are learning but i expect less from them.
    If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
      You can come on the Rzx... the problem is their is an absolute no food rule since Thegerman spilled bacon cheeseburger chips or whatever the hell he was eating one day over the entire floor.
      Maybe I will just go with IV nutrition. Seems safest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

[QUOTE=dakota4ce;788124]Maybe I will just go with IV nutrition. Seems safest.

YEP. Except did I tell you about the FST's we give before and during the boating experience? If you dont pass, we send you on your way overboard with a noodle and no vest.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

This is a fun read. Many great stories buried in the comments that need telling.

Comment

YEP. Except did I tell you about the FST's we give before and during the boating experience? If you dont pass, we send you on your way overboard with a noodle and no vest.[/QUOTE]

Mighty generous of you to send em’ with a noodle! I’ve definitely had a couple times when I almost made someone swim their a$$ back in.
            I try not to get to worked up over food as I vacuum pretty regularly anyhow. Some things are worse then others no doubt. Plus I like snacks too!!
            My pet pieve is smokers. If someone really must smoke I usually drop them on shore. If they’re lucky I’ll let them smoke on the swim deck, downwind.

Comment

Fst?

Comment

Field Sobriety Test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

I think to some extent you have to be flexible. I expect more help out of a fellow boater for cleanup, but gas money depends on how often we swap rides, if I pulled them all day, etc. Always appreciated of course. Non-boaters are all over the board. Some overpay, some bring nothing (literally) and give no help. Kind of like I am supposed to bankroll their weekend. The latter usually never gets invited back. If they are my "ballast" all day and help handle the rope, take photos, don't use spray suntan lotion, are enjoyable to be around, etc., then I am much more forgiving.

BTW - we have a NO cheetos/doritos/cheeesy poofs rule too! Running down the lake many years ago and I kept feeling something smatter across my face. I went to wipe off what I thought was spray only to see a hand full of orange cheese....yup, the kids were eating cheetos in the bow. The whole boat was covered in little orange flecks!

Comment

This is the information I am looking for right here....

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                    I expect more help out of a fellow boater for cleanup, but gas money depends on how often we swap rides, if I pulled them all day, etc. Always appreciated of course.
                    I have the same expectations, kind of the point of my post. I hear many of you saying you wouldn't invite them back if they didn't do any of the above. My admitted struggle has been with fellow Tige owners. I am a little more forgiving. Perhaps I should just draw the same line in the sand for them?

Comment

What about the non-Tige owning boaters that never want to take their boat out? Always quick to jump on your boat but never offer up their boat...what does that mean? They are embarrassed of their wave?

Comment

Where to begin....

Elevated- its was much worse than "bacon cheeseburger" chips it was "salt and vinager" and the slow motion of the whole event and then the cringe of having to look at your face as we just looked at the chips all over the floor and seats. But it was more of a "did that really just happen?" reaction. I was half expecting for you to just point at the dock and say see you when we get back. I don't get into a habit of throwing my girl under the bus, but common!!!! It was totally her fault, who hands you an open bag of chips upside down?? I am innocent or at least the victim in this story. I have seen the photo's that where taken, yes the evidence may suggest that I was holding the bag of empty chips at that moment, but I can photoshop a picture of T-Rex into the same photo so I say this evidence is not admissible in this case.

SandM- My MUSIC IS AWESOME! Although I may have been going through a music transition phase when we went out so I can honestly say I don't remember what was on the tunes it very well could have been not the best selection. That being said I am pretty sure I always ask what people like to listen to when they surf. I have playlist for all my regulars, seems you just need to come out with us more often

DP- I will save you for last, as you are by far the most entertainment for Jason and I on the water. I swear we are going to put a shock collar on you when you're surfing If you get within 5 feet of the swim step when surfing we are gonna shock the crap out of you with the collar. We understand that in the OLD days when you were Christopher Columbus's first mate crossing the Atlantic it was called "teak surfing" but today that doesn't mean you have to hover the nose of your board over the swimstep.
                        Last edited by Thegerman618; 02-02-2018, 09:50 PM.
                        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

^ Savage. I cant even respond because I feel so bad for David.
                          Germaine Marine
                          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                            ^ Savage. I cant even respond because I feel so bad for David.
                            Don't....It was half your idea anyway LOL
                            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Sounds like you guys have a great crew , wish i had more tige owners down here. I wouldn't trade my crew for any other though. If any of you are ever in ga hit me up ! Closest ill be to out there is wake the desert competition in texas.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                                This is the information I am looking for right here....

I have the same expectations, kind of the point of my post. I hear many of you saying you wouldn't invite them back if they didn't do any of the above. My admitted struggle has been with fellow Tige owners. I am a little more forgiving. Perhaps I should just draw the same line in the sand for them?
                                Does anyone else on here think that fellow Tige owners should be held to an even higher standard? I cant believe that you guys out west who let east coast people ride along at the TO reunion every year would invite someone back who didnt chip in with gas/work/food/drinks or wouldnt sit where they should during your set? If you own a tige you know the cost amd work that goes into it. I will happily train someone who has never been on a boat what proper etiquette is, but I would never let another Tige owner slide if they were a bad guest on my boat.

Tige Owners is an awesome thing with hundreds of people who want to share their passion and help eachother out. However that doesn't mean that if you buy a boat you should be able to take advantage of another TO.

Also, I wish we had a group of TO where I am in upstate NY, but it really hasnt taken off yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X