No announcement yet.

Droid X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a carrier issue and the type of service they provide. CDMA (Sprint and Verizon) can do voice and data if they upgrade their software. However, they are staying with EvDOv1 (I think that is the number or it could be a "A" where the 1 is....) where EvDOv2 (or "B" will allow for both data and voice.

The droid is utilizing VoIP with Skype over their data network.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
      It is a carrier issue and the type of service they provide. CDMA (Sprint and Verizon) can do voice and data if they upgrade their software. However, they are staying with EvDOv1 (I think that is the number or it could be a "A" where the 1 is....) where EvDOv2 (or "B" will allow for both data and voice.

The droid is utilizing VoIP with Skype over their data network.
      right I gotcha, so assuming when the iphone for verizon comes out in feb it will have the newer software.
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
        right I gotcha, so assuming when the iphone for verizon comes out in feb it will have the newer software.
        Unlikely from what I understand. Verizon has no plans to update their software to the "B" or "v2" version. Sprint is looking into it but no word as of yet.

Comment

What is the deal with the LTE for Verizon? Will that help?
          I heard it is supposed to be out in January?
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

LTE is 4g for Verizon. From what I hear, it will be available in certain areas but Verizon still needs a phone that will be LTE compatible. I think that is coming a little later this year or the early part of next year.

Sprint went WiMax for their 4g network but they do have the option of going to LTE with software changes only.

Comment

I have the X and coming from an old BlackBerry Curve its sweet...The only complaint I have is the battery life. I have to have it constantly charging otherwise I wont make it through the day with the same battery. Thats even with TaskKiller running.
              www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffe View Post
                I have the X and coming from an old BlackBerry Curve its sweet...The only complaint I have is the battery life. I have to have it constantly charging otherwise I wont make it through the day with the same battery. Thats even with TaskKiller running.
                Let Android handle those task killers. IMO, you are killing the tasks that could be vital to the OS. Android does handle the task killers better than Windows.

I was running a task killer 2 months ago and had constant reboots of my phone because of the task killer. However, it is definitely an arguement waiting to happen on the Android forums when it comes to them.

FYI: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-pr...s-i-went-there
                Last edited by da.bell; 08-27-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Battery Article: http://blog.laptopmag.com/android-ba...handsets-trail

Comment

Just uploaded all of my itunes to the droid X
                    www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Just uploaded all of my itunes to the droid X
                      What app did you use? I was going to get my wife a Droid X but she wants to wait for the Verizon iPhone (if the rumor is true) so she can still sync the itunes music.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                        What app did you use? I was going to get my wife a Droid X but she wants to wait for the Verizon iPhone (if the rumor is true) so she can still sync the itunes music.
                        feb and it is released.
                        Originally posted by G-MONEY
                        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Timmy,

Doubletwist is the software that you want.

Comment

Still waiting for my Droid X

Comment

I couldn't get double twist to work for me. It wouldn't recognize my X as a mass storage device.

I used TuneSync & it was so easy. They have a lite version for free and the main version for $4.99 which is definitely worth it. The Lite version only lets you download 20 songs.

Here is a link for the directions from knowyourcell.com:

http://www.knowyourcell.com/motorola..._tunesync.html
                              www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

I couldn't get double twist to work for me. It wouldn't recognize my X as a mass storage device.

I used TuneSync & it was so easy. They have a lite version for free and the main version for $4.99 which is definitely worth it. The Lite version only lets you download 20 songs.

Here is a link for the directions from knowyourcell.com:

http://www.knowyourcell.com/motorola..._tunesync.html
                                Sweet. My wife has the X...I'll have to give Tunesync a try. She'll love me long time for this...

Comment

Working...
                                X