Droid X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droid X

Anybody have the Droid X ? Thinking about picking one up.

I don't have one but do have the HTC Evo 4G from Sprint. I can honestly say that the Android system is up and coming with updates coming from Google every 6 months or so. Very stable.

As for the screen size, the 4.3 inch screen is huge and the phone can be pocketable. The Evo is slightly smaller but with the screen being that big, it's nice to view TO on it. Definitely no problems there.

Comment

I'm an apple guy, but played with my friends htc evo and second what da.bell said about the OS.
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

My brother just switched from the iPhone to the DroidX. All those videos I recently put up in the wakeboarding section are taken with his DroidX. Incredible HD camcorder in my opinion. It's a just slightly bigger and bulkier than the iPhone but at least it's not apple... just sayin'.

I really don't want to leave AT&T though, so I don't know what I wanna do.
        I still have the 3G (not the 3GS) I should go take a look at the new 4G iPhone I suppose.
        Waiting for another good one!

Comment

I love my apple and just upgraded to the iPhone 4 and it's freaking amazing. I used to have the 3g too Fiveflat and the camera, video and still are AMAZING on the 4.

Highly recommend it. My whole family is on att so i really don't plan on switching anytime soon. Plus verizon was such crap for me before I refuse to jump ship.

Comment

I found the DroidX frustrating to navigate, of course I was set in my ways of using the iPhone as well. Probably wouldn't take long to be really comfortable with it either.

Hey Dom - does the iphone4 have hd video?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
              I found the DroidX frustrating to navigate, of course I was set in my ways of using the iPhone as well. Probably wouldn't take long to be really comfortable with it either.

Hey Dom - does the iphone4 have hd video?
              yup sure does fiveflat, 720 HD. pretty impressive IMO.

Comment

With any phone, there is a learning curve. If my wife can learn how to navigate the Evo within a day or two, anyone can do it.

My wife loves her HTC Evo and says it's the best phone she has ever had. She isn't a big phone user for internet or social forums but she does use the phone for calls, texting, picture mail, directions, and simple Yellow Pages look up.

Comment

Just ordered the Droid X I really like the HDMI ooutput. I have to wait a few weeks now to get it.

In my area I have much better coverage with Verizon then ATT

Comment

Just be glad that you can hold the Droid X any way you want unlike the iPhone 4

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      Just be glad that you can hold the Droid X any way you want unlike the iPhone 4
                      Common Sense is not so Common
                      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

haha. I think that was fixed with the newest firmware release.

Comment

It probably was Five. Just haven't seen or heard that it was "fixed".

Here you go Zad....

Last edited by da.bell; 08-25-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
                            Last edited by ajholt7; 08-25-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                              It probably was Five. Just haven't seen or heard that it was "fixed".

Here you go Zad....

I don't have that problem anymore.

and the droid has it too, just wasn't as blown out of proportion or easy to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X