Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
    I don't have that problem anymore.

and the droid has it too, just wasn't as blown out of proportion or easy to do.
    That is why I have an HTC not a Motorola phone. But again, the amount of signal loss on the Moto phone was significally different than what Apple attempted to state. The various news sources tried to simulate the same thing Steve did during Antennagate and couldn't reproduce that issue.

Comment

hahaha, definitely not work friendly but definitely a classic.

Comment

The Droid X is sweet! I think you are going to love it. It is a little on the large side but the screen is pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
          It probably was Five. Just haven't seen or heard that it was "fixed".

Here you go Zad....

Oh yeah.. blown out of proportion....

I never had any problems. I had a Sprint flip phone with an internal antenna in 8th grade and if I put my finger on the top it would instantly drop the call. Never heard about that on the news...

For some reason I was thinking screen orientation when I read your post.
          Common Sense is not so Common
          Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I have a friend who loves his droid, I almost stayed with verizon and got the X but ended up going for the iphone. I love my mac book, and have been really impressed with how well the apple products have worked so far. Integrate together real well. Have loved my iphone 4, wish I coulda kept my verizon service (not that att is bad, its just the verizon has worked great for me)
            Been waiting to get an iphone since it came out, just hasnt been in the cards until now. So far so good, no problems so far. (knock on wood!!!)
            Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Does ATT have ANY type of Droid at all? I saw the Ally today and it sucked. Looks like the X would be the only Droid phone I'd go with. I haven't had a chance to look at the HTC Evo though...
              Waiting for another good one!

Comment

The Samsung Galaxy S series phones should be a good bet. Not sure of the name on AT&T but it's definitely their to Across phone right now. Amazon.com has it on sale for .01 today.
                Last edited by da.bell; 08-26-2010, 02:31 AM.

Comment

I just put my 3G on ebay for sale and it sold at my buy it now price in less than 10 min!
                  I'm going ahead with the iPhone 4 for now especially since this 3G has just paid for it! haha

Comment

Droid X

I bought 6 of them the first day they came out and everyone really likes them. I have owned all the major smart phones except the Iphone and the DroidX is the only phone that seems to do everything well. The car dock is awesome and the ODB2 blue tooth auto computer connection is going to be my next DroidX accessory. Great Phone!

Comment

Originally posted by TigeTail View Post
                      the ODB2 blue tooth auto computer connection is going to be my next DroidX accessory. Great Phone!
                      No way!!! OBDII plug??? I just search iPhone and I see there are plugs for it too. Nice! I need one now!

Comment

Wow, this is the most civilized iPhone vs Droid thread I have ever seen! Congrats all, the cnet forums light up like crazy and the hate gets thrown 10x worse than the Ragboy vs Centurion thread on WW and that other site. I have an iPhone and like it for the wifi enabled face time. I travel alot, all around the world in fact and all I have to do is find a wifi hotspot to video chat with my wife and kids, for free, no international roaming charges. The Evo and Droid X can donthe same thing over 3G networks, have beautiful screens and tons of features (kickstand). You really can't go wrong with either phones, it's just up to which carrier works best for you, most of my family is on AT&T and I have not had any of the problems such as dropped calls and such. And there is an Android phone coming to AT&T soon but it will be running an older version of Android. They will slowly start to get on AT&T as they get closer to losing the exclusive iPhone deal.
                        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

the problem I have with verizon is that you can't surf the web and talk on the phone.
                          Originally posted by G-MONEY
                          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                            the problem I have with verizon is that you can't surf the web and talk on the phone.
                            Reason why you get an Android phone and sign up for Google Voice. VoIP is where it's at. Or, the the LTE or WiMax 4g data towers up or even WiFi will allow you to do both. The issue is the antenna in CDMA phones that have data and phone signals being sent from the same antenna from what I understand.
                            Last edited by da.bell; 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                              Reason why you get an Android phone and sign up for Google Voice. VoIP is where it's at. Or, the the LTE or WiMax 4g data towers up or even WiFi will allow you to do both. The issue is the antenna in CDMA phones that have data and phone signals being sent from the same antenna from what I understand.
                              i realize that, but when your not by a wifi hotspot you can't surf and talk. I have VOIP (Skype) and used it when I was in the BVI's and I don't have an android phone.

Just saying I'd hate it when I'm on my bluetooth, buddy calls and says hey lets meet her for dinner I can say sure no prob or no lets go here it's closer, instead of having to call them back and what not...
                              Originally posted by G-MONEY
                              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I'm not to up on these phones, I use a BB. I was told that the talking at the same time and surfing thing is a phone issue, not the carrier.
                                Doesn't the Droid allow you to both on the Verizon network?
                                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                                X