No announcement yet.

Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, for the late response on all this...got tied up at work. ANyway I was looking for an entry weapon for my wife to be comfortable on and Academy has a smoking deal on the S&W 9 right now. Got it for 299 plus there is a $50 factory rebate.

Have you guys ever heard of the judge? it is a wheel revolver with a long "wheel" that accomodates shells or i believe 9mm. You could presumably load the first three rounds with shells for the panic shots and the last three with 9mm to get em in the *** on the way out the door. Anyway, they had that one in there too.

my wife wants a shotgun next but it would be tough to have handy with a kid in the house. Anybody use the pistol safe with the handprint on top? I believe you depress a button for each finger in a set sequence to unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by goose69 View Post
      Ak47 ammo is high so i don't shoot it much. My new favorite pistol is the JUDGE. I bought 3 of them, 2 nickel, and one black. A blast to shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5GepjBRsM
      Sorry Goose, i did not read this and just asked everyone if they had heard of the judge.....

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
        9mm's won't take down someone on crack/speed/meth, etc. .40 might, but a .45 or 10mm will for sure.

but like others have said the 12 gauge is the best. I used to have a sig and loved it!
        I'm gonna slightly disagree with this. 9mm will bring down an attacker. It's all about shot placement. The appeal of most 9mm handguns is that they usually hold a few extra rounds. That being said, I prefer .45. Pick a gun and caliber and shoot it a lot! No better way to be 100% sure you are able to use the weapon should you need it. And take a firearms safety class, you'll learn more than you can imagine.
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
          I'm gonna slightly disagree with this. 9mm will bring down an attacker. It's all about shot placement. The appeal of most 9mm handguns is that they usually hold a few extra rounds.
          From many police officers that I know, they tell stories of their lives being in greater danger because their 9mm wouldn't bring down an attacker. Shot placement is easy to talk about when you're not being attacked. Like you I have a 45...so shot placement isn't quite as critical....as they are meant to stop people in their tracks...

Comment

I agree with the shot gun. I keep one of those handy ready to rock at any given time at home. I have the Springfield XD9 that I carry with me and keep in another location when at home. I love this gun. I got the 9mm so my wife could use it as well. I will be purchasing the .45 version very soon.
            How can I be racist when all of my assault rifles are black?

Comment

Originally posted by goose69 View Post
              Ak47 ammo is high so i don't shoot it much. My new favorite pistol is the JUDGE. I bought 3 of them, 2 nickel, and one black. A blast to shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5GepjBRsM
              Damn, excellent promotional video, The judge is one hell of a home defense weapon, I want one!
              "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Taking the safety class in two weeks here in Fort Worth. I will also ask the officer teaching about the 9mm question. I purchased hollow points for the house clip and just full metal jackets for practice shooting. Me thinks though that the judge is calling my name!

Comment

I would think twice about using a shotgun indoors for self defense. Here are a few reasons why in my opinion.
                  1) If you miss your target the buckshot (preferred for self-defense in a shotgun)will go through drywall and could potentially harm an innocent on the other side. Let's face it, when you wake up in the middle of the night you rarely have your wits about you. A handgun round would also penetrate the drywall, however, the odds of hitting an innocent go down due to the quantity of lead leaving the firearm
                  2) Not very handy to get to, unlike a pistol which can be kept in a bedside drawer or under a mattress (not recommended)
                  3) Noise level, a shotgun is extremely loud when fired compared to a sidearm. Firing it in close quarters amplifies this to such an extreme level that you could damage your hearing and could render you temporarily handicapped against an intruder.

These are my opinions only, just food for thought. Good luck, by the way, Dom is on to something with the .45 or the 10mm
                  "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

do you guys really live places where a number of concealed weapons are this necessary?
                    Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Originally posted by MTtigekid View Post
                      do you guys really live places where a number of concealed weapons are this necessary?
                      Funny you should ask that question. In a roundabout way I am going to answer you. Yesterday I drove into work a little later than normal while the sun was coming up. I like to use the parking lights on our car when it is light enough only because it looks cool. (07 335i) Anyway I forgot to turn them off when I got to work and drained my battery. When I tried to leave the bat was dead and I had removed the jumper cables a couple of months before b/c I never need them.
                      I am not a gun nut but certainly advocate having them because you just never know. There was a comment in the string from Dom about stopping power against tweaked out nut jobs etc. Rural areas have all kinds of dudes that have been up for a couple of days and will steal or do whatever it takes to get your s$it. Anyway, you just never know when you are going to need them.

Comment

okay.. i gotcha, i guess i just havent ever felt the need to carry one

Comment

Originally posted by MTtigekid View Post
                          No, but I tend to do some activities where I shouldn't need one but sometimes do.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1911 View Post
                            I would think twice about using a shotgun indoors for self defense. Here are a few reasons why in my opinion.
                            1) If you miss your target the buckshot (preferred for self-defense in a shotgun)will go through drywall and could potentially harm an innocent on the other side. Let's face it, when you wake up in the middle of the night you rarely have your wits about you. A handgun round would also penetrate the drywall, however, the odds of hitting an innocent go down due to the quantity of lead leaving the firearm
                            2) Not very handy to get to, unlike a pistol which can be kept in a bedside drawer or under a mattress (not recommended)
                            3) Noise level, a shotgun is extremely loud when fired compared to a sidearm. Firing it in close quarters amplifies this to such an extreme level that you could damage your hearing and could render you temporarily handicapped against an intruder.

These are my opinions only, just food for thought. Good luck, by the way, Dom is on to something with the .45 or the 10mm
                            I'll respond to these.

1) I don't keep buckshot in my shotty, just for the reasons you mentioned. At the ranges you'd be at in a home invasion scenerio, there isn't much chance for the shot to open up anyway. So anything comes out more like a slug than anything else. So it's a trade off either way.

2) very true, I keep mine under the bed, unloaded with the shells nearby in a lock box. I really feel like the sound if racking a shotgun is probably enough to scare away most people. But the danger of keeping a loaded weapon outweighs the risk of anyone actually breaking in.

3). Without hearing protection all of these are gonna be insanely loud. I don't know that a shotgun is gonna do more hearing damage than any thing else. Especially when talking about shooting inside a house.

Comment

something like this might help.. mini tazer that can be fired from a shotgun.. just a thought but it gives you some major stopping power without being lethal

Comment

I'll get in on this.
                                1. Be prepared to use it, the intruder will!
                                2. Aim center mass. You want there to be one story, YOURS!
                                3. I'm NRA, read " the armed citizen ". These stories never make the headlines!

Comment

Working...
                                X