No announcement yet.

Who Tows With an Ecoboost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a 14' Eco and an 06 F-250. I tow the 28' toy hauler with the Power stroke, and my husband pulls the boat with his F-150, and all I can say is wow! The boat pulls better behind his truck than my diesel. It has no issues and you forget its back there. Not to say the F-250 has any issues it is just geared a lot lower than the F-150, we went to Washington 7 hour drive with the boat over the Blue's and that thing just did 65 without hesitation and still wanted more.. We usually put it in manual and 4th and it stays right at 2K RPM. We get about 18-20MPG Highway and about 10 towing with the boat. The F-250 gets the same thing pulling the Toy hauler but were talking a 3K weight difference haha.

Comment

I tow the RZX no problem. Just get electric over hydraulic brakes for the trailer, I think that is very important.

IMG_0251.jpg
      http://wake9.com/

Comment

I have a 2015 EcoBoost that I absolutely love. Best truck I have ever owned. I have had half ton Chevy's and just prior to this a 2013 Tundra. This truck puts them all to shame in my opinion. With the Tundra I struggled to go over 55 MPH on a couple of the 7% passes we frequent. The EB will do 70. We just pulled our Z3 to Lake Tahoe and averaged 10MPG. Not great but I was also averaging 70-75 MPH. I average 20 freeway and 18 city all day long with no load. The truck handled the Z3 through the mountain passes from UT without an issue. Mine has the heavy tow package and we don't use a weight distributing hitch.

Comment

The condensation issue isn't fixed in 2013 but with a small hole drilled in the cac you're good to go. All boost no eco has been my experience. Absolute beast tuned, smoke Tundras all day long.

Comment

I know this is an old post but thought I would chime in,09 Z1, towed with 02 ford supercrew then upgraded to 11 ecoboost, now after 84k miles still love truck and still rows my 09 Z1 awesome. I got 18-20 mpg cruising 10-12 towing in the flat lands of Houston area, now in Pennsylvania bigger tires and get 16 around town and 10'towing in mountains up and it does great, I had condensation issue,drilled weep hole and all good now.
            Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Comment

Working...
            X