Fuel filter, water separator help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kko View Post
    you just dont clean your oil filter when you change your oil do you?
    Touche!

Comment

Anybody have the part # for the filter or a link to where to buy one. I don't have a Tige dealer close by or a good marine supply shop either so on-line might be my best bet.

Comment

Thats the engine I have, 340 5.7 gmc mp, and thats where i thought the filter was, but, whats on there now is alot smaller, the merc filter the dealership gave me is quite a bit bigger and its a merc filter, does that seam right???

Comment

Originally posted by firemangr82b1 View Post
          Thats the engine I have, 340 5.7 gmc mp, and thats where i thought the filter was, but, whats on there now is alot smaller, the merc filter the dealership gave me is quite a bit bigger and its a merc filter, does that seam right???
          No you said its an oil filter looking fuel filter right> its metal and screws on?

Comment

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/gforce...ter-p-520.html
            here is a link to the whole pump and filter assy. you can sort of see the filter sticking out of the canister.

Comment

yep, looks like an oil filter, and screws on

Comment

that looks exactly like mine, thats what i thought it was, i was afraid to start messing with it because I wasnt sure if that was the filter, the one they sold me looks nothing like that, looks like an oil filter.
                Can u buy just the filter? I hope?! that pump and filter was $300,ouch! I removed the cover plate over the top of the pump and the little black triangular piece popped out, alittle fuel leaked out, hopefully i got it back in and sealed, any advice? L

Comment

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead... but I'm figuring this out myself right now on my 2005 Tige 24V (that I'm preparing to sell after 6 awesome years) and finally found a decent video that will likely help others here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NgTZIT7Phs

Comment

Thanks or sharing FoundSoul. Link is not spam.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Use grease on the o-ring and it'll make future maintenance a breeze.
                      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I'd caution that the youtube video above, shows removal of a 9/16 bolt. My 22v MP doesn't have one. It does have a 7/16 drain plug. I removed that and dumped gas all over my engine compartment. Yay. hopefully it was a gas water mix, but definitely was gas. Anyway. now i get to take the canister off yee haw. Would recommend if you just have the drain plug probably just leave it in, definitely isn't holding the canister on.

Comment

Taking the filter housing off was quite the deal for me. I used a OIL (nylon strap) filter strap wrench with a very long 1/2 drive extension so I could get the needed torque for it to break loose. I also had a neighbor apply a slight amount of back pressure because I was worried about breaking the mount itself.

Comment

Hey Gents,

I need to change my filter this year and all I can find for the recommended filter type is the Marine Power Filter, G-force Fuel Pump 396007. Living up at the ends of the earth in Canada and likely due to COVID-19, I can't find this filter anywhere. Anybody have a good recommended replacement filter? Thanks guys, yup, it's still Aug and yup I'm getting ready to winterize.

Comment

HornetDriver

Here is one source, granted they are in the US, but have been great to work with
                              https://marineenginedepot.com/fuel-f...orce-fuel-pump

I am fairly certain that this is a specialty filter and you will not find something similar aside from Marine Power or one of their dealers. Marine Engine Depot is owned by Marine Power.
                              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

HornetDriver , for some reason, I cannot edit my previous post. I wanted to include the Marine Power Dealer Locator for you, link below. This may help you find a dealer in Canada that may have the part you are looking for.

http://marinepowerusa.com/dealers-distributors/
                                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Working...
                                X