No announcement yet.

tige problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boats are expensive in general. I wouldn't assume I would get better service out of another brand. Best find one with a good warranty and a good dealer to make the fixes. You will have issues with ANY brand out there. IMO Tige' has a warranty to offset that.
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I guess I will chime in here:

We are on our second Tige. The first was a Switch V, i was actually impressed with the overall ride and driveability. The interior was subpar, but that was the whole intent of that model so there were no expectations. The boat was solid, we boat on Lake of the Ozarks which many of you know is one busy lake and had no problems. The wake on that boat was not great, and without weight in the front of the switch you would porpose like crazy. The surf wake was actually pretty good for a small boat, but again you needed a lot of weight. We were lucky and had no major problems, just minor things. We were not impressed by our dealer but that is another story.

Our second Tige is a 24ve. The fit and finish is pretty good. The other boat we were considering was the Malibu 247. We did not like the plastic crap all over the interior of the Malibu boats, and we really liked the walk thru on the Tige. The only problem we have had with this Tige is there was a yellow stain on one of the seats when the boat was delivered. Other than that the boat has been great. We had an aftermarket rival ballast system installed and the wake is great. Taps works much better on this boat than it did on the Switch. I would not say Taps makes the wake bigger, it does change the lip on the wake in my opinion. The wakesurf wake is ridiculous, it is just huge. Our tower is very solid. My only other complaint is that the vinyl seems like it should be tighter, it is just a little loose.

One comment about the factory test drive and inspection. Our 24ve was delivered with a yellow stain on the upholstry, not very impressed. I have a friend whose boat was delivered WITHOUT a fuel gauge, and on the checkout sheet a tech had recorded that the fuel gauge worked!!! The damn thing wasn't even in the boat. I am also not as impressed with the fiberglass work on our 24ve, the Switch V had less imperfections.

I think Tige boats are built well, but I believe their quality control is not as good as some other boat manufacturer's. I hope those with the major problems can get things figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
        I have a friend whose boat was delivered WITHOUT a fuel gauge, and on the checkout sheet a tech had recorded that the fuel gauge worked!!! The damn thing wasn't even in the boat.
        As if the darn things actually worked anyway....
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
          As if the darn things actually worked anyway....
          The '07's and up do
          Gotta love servo driven gauges.
          My TAPS goes to eleven!

Comment

Originally posted by dougofkc View Post
            I'm looking at the new Nautique 210's (finally wider) the XStar, Malibu VLX 23, and the Gravity Games Supra. The supras makes one hell of a rampy wake and comes with 2500lbs built in but its low price point makes me worry that there will be serious quality issues... Tricked to the hill the Supra is only $58K compared to the others which are well over $70K
            Well everyone has there own experiences, I personally have owned boats all my life and when you find one that doesn't break and give you crazy little prob's please let me know and I will buy one right away... But they don't exist, I own a performance automotive shop and I dont work on boats except for my own and my friends and I can tell you your problem lies in the PCM engine. Never ever ever buy a boat without a Mercruiser or Vovlo engine thats why you had problems only hours in. I work on my buds 330 about 4 times as much as my merc350.
            As far as new boats, go ahead buy another brand and go bad mouth them and please buy a Supra the same manuf. as Moomba because those are great boats and they never break..HAHA
            Hoestly I'm just being sarcastic Supra's suck, the only other boat that can be held in the same category as Tige' is Malibu but your going to pay for it.$$$$

Just my opinion.
            Get out of the way and let me drive this thing!!!!

Comment

Yellow Stain on upholstry

I guess I will chime in here:

Our second Tige is a 24ve. The fit and finish is pretty good. The other boat we were considering was the Malibu 247. We did not like the plastic crap all over the interior of the Malibu boats, and we really liked the walk thru on the Tige. The only problem we have had with this Tige is there was a yellow stain on one of the seats when the boat was delivered. ....

One comment about the factory test drive and inspection. Our 24ve was delivered with a yellow stain on the upholstry, not very impressed. ....

Akdoc: Was the dealer able to remove this stain? I have a yellow stain (maybe similar?) on one of my rear cushions - 22Ve. Thanks.

Comment

Moffat,

They got us a new skin for the one that had the yellow stain. It could not be cleaned off.

Comment

Did the new skin match the existing skins? The skin on our engine cover has a spot where the vinyl has melted, gas spill I think, so I need it replaced. Local repair or Tige, that's my question.
                  Last edited by TigeDuner; 01-26-2007, 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Moffat,

They got us a new skin for the one that had the yellow stain. It could not be cleaned off.
                    Akdoc: Was that a warranty item by any chance? Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TigeDuner View Post
                      Did the new skin match the existing skins? The skin on our engine cover has a spot where the vinyl has melted, gas spill I think, so I need it replaced. Local repair or Tige, that's my question.
                      Talk to your dealer...they can get skins from Tige to match your boat.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                      X