tige problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tige problem

I just bought an 2005 22v. Brand new from my dealer. I have 10 hours on it now. I have had it to the dealer three time So Far. The dealer has been great but I thought maybee some one out there might of had my same problem. It just start cutting out after about two hours worth of use. Sometime It wont even start. They have replace my fuel pump once said they are going to do it again. It is my first boat not sure its worth it now. Please help

Need some more info.

What engine do you have? Previous posts had some issues with the 6.0

I feel for you as I had an issue with my 05 24V. I had my transmission go out at 20 hours. Frustatrating for sure but I did not blame TIGE. They had switched to Hurth , the same as Mastercraft uses. It failed. The bright side is it sounds as we both have great dealers who are trying to make it right.

My dealer went above and beyond to make it right.

Wish you the best. Hopefully they work this out quickly for you
    Let it be!!!

Comment

I have a 5.7 340hp engine

Comment

tige problem

We had this same problem with our 2003 Riders edition. We figured out the problem was with debris in the fuel tank. We took of the fuel filter and found small particles of rubber on the inlet side. Even after shaking out the filter, it would clog up a short time later.

We also had the fuel pump replaced and multiple filters replaced. But the problem remained because of the particles in the tank.

We had to take of the filter and shake it out 10-15 times before the problem finally went away. We did this on the water as well as when we cleaned the boat at the end of the day. This process to 4 to 5 trips and a couple tanks of gas before it was completly resolved.

Our dealership talked about making a fuel filter recirculating pump...but we fix ours before they had a chance. Not sure if they had the issues on any other boats.
        RVD

Comment

MY 2005 USED TO CUT OUT EVERY TIME I GASED UP. MY DEALER REVERSED TWO WIRES ON THE FUEL PUMP AND THE PROBLEM. MINE WAS A FACTORY PROBLEM

Comment

We have a 2006 20V and had problems with it cutting out some times 5 min. into the day and sometimes 30 min into the day took it back to dealer and after nearly 10 hours of testing found out that there is a water line that cools the fuel line and it had a kink in it, they fixed and boat purrs like kitten.

Comment

Tige claims they water test every boat for one hour. I doubt that is really happening based on what you guys are having problems with!!!!

Comment

They would not have discovered my problem. At idle, we had no issues. The issue did not occur until you were driving for a while. All the rubber particles would get jubled around in the tank then sucked into the filter. Once enough of the filter was clogged, the motor would stall. We would try a go again, but it would stall a short time later. We had to disassemble the fuel filter, shake out all the particles, then put it back together. This cleaning process took place about 10-15 time before the tank was free of the particles.
                RVD

Comment

and the particles came from...what?

Comment

RDeLacy,

So, you can take off the fuel filter, clean it and put it back on? I didn't know if you had to just through it away.

Also, like G said, where did the particles come from?

Comment

The particles were little pieces of rubber, like if you cut one of the fuel hoses with a saw (rather than sharp knife). Not sure where they came from.

We figured out the problem when we were on the water and did not have a new filter handy. The next best thing was to bang on the filter and get all the particles out. After the trip to the service dept when they changed the pump replaced the filer, the problem remained. They also gave us a spare filter which we started to carry in the glove box.
                      RVD

Comment

Cutting out problem

I had a similar problem with my 24V. It turned out to be a thermostat kill switch that was improperly located near the engine block and was killing the engine. Tell your dealer to look into this.
                        EDG

Comment

Not sure how the fuel system is designed on the 5.7, but on my 06 24V (VERY early build,in fact, one of the first 06's made) it has a "cool fuel" system that took water from the "radiator" or cooling tank, ran a hose across the top of the motor and then into a canister with coils running inside of it to cool the fuel before entering the motor.

The effect was that it actually HEATED the fuel, causing a "vapor lock" effect.

The fix was very simple. In fact, due to my location, I did it myself. Just tap into crank mounted water pump and run a new line with COLD lake water direct to cooling canister. Plug off original fitting from heat exchanger ("radiator") and enjoy.

I worked with Marine Power directly, and even though their place was jsut hit by Katrina , they did a great job of getting me the parts and even offered to come to my location and install them. I figured they had enough on their mind so I just took care of it.

Sorry for the long reply, but it could be a similar issue, as mine was acting much the same way.

Comment

Water Over the Bow

Okay, today I have the correct prop THANKS TO ANDREW REYES AT TIGE' I had nine people in the boat and we were in Wake Board Mode, Ballast FULL, Sterio blasting and I was watching boat traffic when I heard my Wife yell at me from the front of the boat. I looked forward and our boat floor had and inch of water in it. Lesson learned DO NOT TURN INTO YOUR OWN WAKE! It was not to much water but for the first time having it happen to me after reading everyone elses experiances I felt dumb. Any way the wife finally got wet and went tube ridding after that so I guess it was worth it in that aspect because it got here in the water. I have the 375HP PCM engine with a 2:1 Walter V Drive and I have plenty of power. However I did notice the boat does not turn as quick when you have 9 or more people and the ballast are full. In that aspect I am glad I have the larger engine.

Comment

I have been having this problem with my 2006 20v where I will be wakesurfing and after a while the boat will just slow down for a while and even though we have it at full throttle will not speed up. Has anyone else been having this problem??? at first we thought it was a cruise control problem but we turned the cruise control off and every once and a while have the same problem.
                              Justin

Comment

Working...
                              X