No announcement yet.

4th Annual Alberta Tigé Owners Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing we are not going this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
      I'll take it!

[ATTACH]51013[/ATTACH]
      I think that is the best forecast we have had yet! [emoji12]

Comment

Well, we are in the final days before the event. One of the items that we need to shore up is the fantastic pot-luck meal that we throw on the Saturday evening (hopefully after a great day on the water)! One of our members will be slow smoking brisket for everyone to enjoy. Everyone donates a bit to help cover the cost of the meat and brings a side, salad or dessert to help round out the meal and we all enjoy. Here is a link to the sheet that we will use to help organize who is bringing what https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hF_sMHXyT8O87o

Comment

weather.jpg

Well we have certainly had worse.

I plan to be there by 3pm on Friday and start to set up. I'll have 3 "camping units" in my group.

Comment

Here are some more details for the weekend.

We are staying at the Group Site at Little Bow. Here is a map on where to find it.

map.jpg

Camping is in the red section, blue is the boat launch / parking lot. We have the entire area, so there are room for like 40 trailers. Park wherever you like. Keep in mind that this is dry camping, so you need to provide your own power and water. There is a cooking house, which I believe has electricity, so that is an option for cooking. Each night costs $35 per camping unit, and it is payable to myself or Jeff (MacTeacher).

There is a store in the camp ground where you can buy some select things, including ice. However you should plan to bring everything you might need. The closest serious town is Vulcan, and that is 30 minutes away.

Keep in mind there is NO CELLULAR COVERAGE in the campground, and this applies to most of the lake also. We use handheld radios to communicate on Channel 7. These work well in the campground, but not as well from the campground to the lake itself.

If you've never been to this lake, it is pretty nice. It is deep, clean and big. The launch itself is decent, but can be a bit steep and slippery. The docks are very good and are free to use and tie up over night. Docks are a bit short, so think through it first.

IMG_2944.jpg

Be prepared for rain, well, because this is the Tige Soak afterall. I believe we are going to have between 30 and 50 people and 8 to 12 boats. So there is lots of opportunity for surfing and getting in a good sit

IMG_7927.jpg

Comment

We are planning on leaving Calgary around 4pm. Looking forward to it. Forecast looks decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
                We are planning on leaving Calgary around 4pm. Looking forward to it. Forecast looks decent.
                Sounds good Frosty. A few of us will be out there when you arrive.

Comment

top business directory
                  internet pages online extra often and allows them to go to your internet internet web page online as a exquisite knowledge

Comment

Working...
                  X