No announcement yet.

Upgraded our Tow/Travel Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iwndr - Why just have one truck when you can have two! You have good taste...I love the look of the brown King Ranch...thanks for sharing that picture and for having a Ford Fleet!

Ewok - As for the Expedition, we have yet to announce any plans for our full size SUV family so I can't saw anything. We keep that kind of stuff very close to the vest because the market and customer demand can change very quickly and we don't want to confuse our customer base with multiple changes or an outright program cancellation. But when we do announce something, you can count on some neat new powertrains...and we have corporately committed to having EcoBoost technology in all our key products. We're even going to have EcoBoost as one of the three engines in our upcoming full size van (Transit)....Hang in there.

Comment

Thanks for keeping the hope alive. We are expecting our third in August and my wife likes the Expy better than all the other full size SUVs out there, especially the third row seat. From sitting and test driving all the Sequoia, Armada, and Tahoe, the expy felt like it has the most hip ans leg room in tbe third seat. I believe there is some pent up demand for an expy ecoboost from my online research, I bet they will sell like hotcakes as soon as they are announced. I'm not kidding that as soon as its available, I'll be posting pics on this thread of my tow vehicle upgrade.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
        Thanks for keeping the hope alive. We are expecting our third in August and my wife likes the Expy better than all the other full size SUVs out there, especially the third row seat. From sitting and test driving all the Sequoia, Armada, and Tahoe, the expy felt like it has the most hip ans leg room in tbe third seat. I believe there is some pent up demand for an expy ecoboost from my online research, I bet they will sell like hotcakes as soon as they are announced. I'm not kidding that as soon as its available, I'll be posting pics on this thread of my tow vehicle upgrade.
        You and me both.....my wife is wanting a new SUV to drive on the weekends and I keep telling her to hold off for the Expedition or Navigator with the ecoboost. Would make a really nice tow vehicle and road trip machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
          Shuswap, when is Ford going to drop an Ecoboost in an expedition, I've been wanting to order one since 2011. As soon as I can get one it's on order. Any hints?

Mmmmm, that would probably swing me to a Ford. We have a 2009 Armada (9000 lb tow) and we love it. But in a season or two, we will be looking. And the Armadas have just not kept up with the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by What she said View Post
            LBZ, the best Duramax money can buy! I have an 06 LBZ with a PPE tuner -190hp tune- (the best plug-and-play for a duramx), Magnaflow, crank case reroute, PPE air cleaner mod, PPE fuel rail fitting, and a PPE fuel rail pop-off plug. It runs good, but the transmission can not hold the added power. A shift kit is my next upgrade, and i hope it helps the "getting lost between gears" when on the gas hard.
            Nice truck!
            Transgo Jr. shift kit definitely helps but if you go into the big mods (or performance tunes) you'll need to build your tranny. I have efi, 6in exhaust cat delete, egr block, downpipe, PPE air box mod, airdogII lift pump, 6in lift w/35s & pcv reroute and the Kit definitely does its job. Install was pretty straightforward too! PPE is a good canned tuner.

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
            for the money EFI live is your best bang =)
            Damn Skippy! I had the PPE canned tuner on my LBZ when bought and I upgraded to EFI Live DSP5 tuned by Idaho Rob and never regret that decision. Other mods as well and the Duramax mods/upgrades are about as addicting and expensive as the boat is

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
            We made the jump from a V6 to a diesel this weekend. Here is the wife driving her new truck off the lot. She absolutely fell in love with it after our 2 hour drive home.
            Nice Ride. Once you go diesel you will not ever want to go back to gasser. You probably already feel that way?

Comment

2011 F-350
              2011 35' Toy Hauler
              2011 RZ2
              Pulling a double equals 82 feet in lenght2011 Truck.JPGTige 2.jpg

Comment

When are they going to put a Duramax in a Yukon.

All these nice trucks make me want a new ride but if they put a Duramax in a Yukon xl I would be all over that.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by viking View Post
                  Nice Ride. Once you go diesel you will not ever want to go back to gasser. You probably already feel that way?
                  Yes I definitely feel that way. Already put 6K miles on it and loving ever mile. We just paid it off and now looking at leveling it and putting some more back road ready tires on it.

Comment

Ewok - I read in a car magazine last week that the Lincoln Navigator is expected to get a Boost for '14...hopefully that means the Expedition will too!

Comment

Boost for the Navigator!
                      http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...oboost-v6.html

Comment

Not the best news for me, looks like Ford is sticking to the 5.4L in the Expedition for model year '14. The wife is starting to look at the Toyota Sequia again. We still like the Expedition above all other SUV's because of the thrid row seat but I don't want to buy a new expy in '14 and trade it in for a '15 with boost, we would loose too much money that way, the resale value of the older engined expy would probably drop much lower than standard depreciation. So thinking now if we find a nice used Expy or Sequia we might be able to use that for a year or two until Ford finally meets its "corporate commitment" to put boost in all of it's "key" products.

#jealousofalltheTOswithF-150Boost.
                        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Nice buddy! I definitely could've used that on my vaca to Canada last week. After 12 hours of driving my poor 1500 was a little tired. Congrats on your new Bowtie!

Comment

I looked at all kinds of new trucks (including the EcoBoost), and decided to stick with what I already own. A new Magnuson Supercharger is now on order for my Avalanche

IMG_00000642_edit_edit.jpg

Comment

This our tow rig and its been awesome. 2009 F-350 deisel with a Edge Racing tuner and cold air intake and 4" exhaust.IMG_0005.jpg
                              schmeldon

Comment

Just finished an epic tow from Vancouver BC to Lake Powell and back.

1,300 miles and 21 hours of driving each way.

We towed with a 2006 Infiniti QX56 and it was flawless. Plenty of power to make passes.

Able to keep up with any vehicle at the 80 MPH speed limit in Utah.

Going down I spent the time to wrap the towers.

Got lazy coming back and did not wrap but we went thru a torrential downpour at Snoqualmie Pass on the way back and all the bugs were clean off.

Yes we tow with the cover on but it is a 9 year old boat and there were minimal marks left on the side.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X