No announcement yet.

95 deg saturday fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to Temple Bar today. Launched at 0730 nobody there. Decent day on the wate. Loaded up in the wind around 2 and the ramp was a CLUSTER F**K. Also the main break for the marina, that big jetti of old tires, broke loose and was headed towards the main body

Comment

I think we're going to give it 1 more weekend to allow people to get it out of their system and mothers day behind us.
      it's times like this I long for a slip with a lift. push the easy button, boat in the water and off. no worries about the ramps.

going early is the key like you and just knowing it'll be a $hitshow loading up so plan on a wait.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Mead has been pretty awesome the last few times out

Comment

we haven't been yet. going this friday. my bunks are shot and plan prior to the covid was to go up early in march and replace before it turns into a shitshow at the ramp but didn't make it. putting in early friday and planning on tying boat up to a dock, replace the bunks, then run it around for the rest of the morning/early afternoon to make sure she still runs.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I'm leaving town for the week today, otherwise I'd be happy to lend a hand. We've been doing weekdays and it hasn't been too bad as far as crowds. We launched at Boulder on thursday around noon and it was pretty empty, then loaded up around 6 and again not much of an issue. We'll probably be hitting Callville for our next outting.

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
              we haven't been yet. going this friday. my bunks are shot and plan prior to the covid was to go up early in march and replace before it turns into a shitshow at the ramp but didn't make it. putting in early friday and planning on tying boat up to a dock, replace the bunks, then run it around for the rest of the morning/early afternoon to make sure she still runs.
              How'd the bunk project go? We're planning some mid week lake time this week since I'm on home time.

Comment

we got the bunks replaced on thursday morning and back home. other half had to work thursday and friday winds were not going to be kind so I took the day off.
                kinda negative story but sitting on the ramp replacing the bunks at 8am thursday the 2 fishermen and 3 I/O owners all stopped and chatted for a minute and due to boat being tied up at the dock, gave 6 jetskis an opportunity to put in and not feel pressured to get out of the way. they were super cool. around 9 as I got done, 2 'bu's and 2 axis dropped. none of them even gave me a look.
                really made me reflect on this story I read a few months back and there is quite a bit of truth to it..... https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/26/world...ntl/index.html
                didn't think it spilled over into wakeboats but m
                y perception would be yes.....

that said, thinking it'll be next weekend before we drop in. wind is supposed to kick up again hard on saturday. if it doesn't we'll be out.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

^^^ I’d agree with that. See it all the time.

Also to that point, I saw a bunch of 100k+ surfboats out yesterday. Besides us I saw one other boat with someone surfing without a rope, an old Sanger DX 20.
                  Last edited by NICKYPOO; 05-26-2020, 03:57 PM.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X