95 deg saturday fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 deg saturday fun

temps hit 95 last daturday. all ramps in nevada are closed on mead but temple bar in arizona is open. heres what that gets ya on a nice day. 2hrs of lines.....
    the gate to get in has been unmanned for years. until now.
    Last edited by sandm; 04-29-2020, 01:56 AM.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

we didn't go and solidified the decision to wait for nevada to open up. don't need on the water that bad
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

How was Temple open, since Mead is a nation rec area?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sad because I don't think the motel, restaurant, or store is open so they are probably loosing out on a lot of biz. I think Temple Bar and South point are open because the AZ government has not shut down the state like NV. I may be wrong but I think the launch ramps in NV are still part of the national rec area but the NPS "modified" operations at the NV service areas in response to NV state governor's order. I wonder if the State gov. even has the legal authority to shut down the ramps since it is federal land or if the NPS gave in to the State's wishes? either way, all NV launch ramps are closed.

https://www.nps.gov/lake/planyourvis...djustments.htm

Comment

The most action that ramp has seen ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            How was Temple open, since Mead is a nation rec area?
            all nevada ramps are shut down and all arizona ramps are still open. it's that way all the way down the colorado. don't know why. rumor was katherines landing on mojave was shut for a few weeks but it's open again and heard willow beach was even worse than temple.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

we skipped out and went to Havasu last weekend. according to the Mead website Temple Bar was closed. I guess there was a miss communication. maybe we'll try it this weekend.

Comment

That is crazy! I hope they realize closing some just makes the ones that are open busier. A friend of mine at lake pleasant posted a pick on Saturday and the line into the park went on for miles.

Comment

So the states have authority over the ramps, even though the lake is a national park?
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Wow that is crazy.

Comment

I follow Temple Bar on Facebook. The ramp is open, but nothing else (including the restaurant, gas on land and dock, and hotel). Havasu was just as crazy sandm. We launched before the crowds at 7:00am, but in the many years we have been going, I have never seen the lake as packed as it was Saturday (including holiday weekends). Desert Storm is always a big weekend, and it was originally scheduled for this last weekend. I am sure many of those folks kept their plans to go to the lake with/without Desert Storm. Combine that with nothing else to do (no concerts, kids sports, etc), and it's a recipe for "NO THANK YOU!". We won't go out on the weekends again until things change.
                      Last edited by D&P Powell; 04-29-2020, 02:33 PM. Reason: fat finger typo

Comment

Wow those are some terrible lines. Cant blame you one bit not waiting on that. We went Sunday, which is usually a calm day this time of year with the colder water temps. It looked like Memorial day out there! Ramp times only about 5-10 minutes as I know I'm spoiled by that since all of our ramps were open.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          So the states have authority over the ramps, even though the lake is a national park?
                          Maybe not direct "authority" but I am sure the NV Gov. pressured NPS to close down the facilities located in NV. The older i get the more libertarian I am becoming. Just leave me the h*ll alone and let me make individual choices based on my own risk assessment!

Comment

Around here the Forest Service(USDA) has been going with the "to come in line with state guidelines we are closing X"

Comment

we're hoping Friday might be the ticket for temple bar. If we can launch ealry and just head west we might be able to get away from some of the crowds
                              Last edited by MtnMan210; 04-29-2020, 04:04 PM. Reason: I forgot how to read a compass

Comment

Working...
                              X