What the...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
    Ok, so I’m having a midday lunch with the family, and what do I see? One in the wild. I saw it coming (it does have a distinctive bow). This particular boat must be a demo because he was dropping folks off then came back to get some more.

I told the waitress is was 240grand. She looked like I kicked her cat.

I noticed it had rear thrusters (he spun in place) and it has some kind of custom tower speaker. The color combo on this boat was meh. Bass Boat sparkle green, with flat white and flat black. I found it odd. Honestly, I don’t understand how it’s 50 or 60 grand more then a Fully loaded G23. But I’m not their target buyer I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by bsreid View Post
    What lake was that on Brent? Most of the Nautique team riders, wakesurf and wakeboard have been out on it from what I’ve seen on Instagram and talking with fellow riders.

It’s definitely hard to grasp the extra 60k or more on top of G. It can also be looked at in comparison to a moomba or ATX in comparison as it’s a similar price gap from low end surf boat to what was traditionally high end. Still doesn’t change anything, I still think Nautique is going to sell these boats. One determining factor on the clientele buying these boats is how well they hold their value. A lot of guys essentially lease their boats just flipping them every couple hundred hours or end season, typically whichever comes first. From what it looks like the sales on this boat are going to be very exclusive so I would imagine the value is going to hold quite well.

Nautique and the CWSA generally don’t do many events together, kinda hoping I’ll get to try this beast this coming summer.

Looks like Lake Austin to me! Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see one out there. The boat is beautiful, but my goodness that is a lot. If you think they won't sell, you better get ready. People will buy them. Maybe I should start mixing in flakes of gold into BABz and selling them for $1k a set? juuust kidding. Really though, I get some people have money and don't care. But these high end WAKEboat prices are getting ridiculous. If you look outside the wakesurf world, 300k can get you a very nice boat. I said this a few years ago and this my plan. But at 300k, why not go get a nice wakeboat at 100k or less that is completely devoted to surfing, then spend the other 200k on a nice cruiser that does everything else light years better than any wakeboat? I have found that here on Travis the dream is to have a nice Tige for the surf sessions and a 35ft+ cruiser for everything else. There is legitimately only so much that can be done to a 25ft and under wakeboat.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Comment

Oh I completely agree, 300k is crazy and I would never own one. I just have a feeling others may think differently, just look at the multi 6 figure go fast boats and the 10 mill lake homes. People want the best of the best.

Comment

I watched the marketing video in awe and disbelief...so many complex systems waiting to one day fail... and that goes for pretty much all new tow boats on the market today.

This is simply a dingy, aka yacht tender, catering to super yachts that cost $50 million all day long and charter to guests who have kids that want to play. When you have the means to drop legit fake money on a super yacht, a $300k tender is nothing more than the cost of a crappy sandwich on any burger joint’s value menu.

Condolences to those who can’t afford to flip this before the warranty expires...and to those who end up with it after.

It is daaaaaaaammmmnnnnnnn nice though!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Going next week to a Demo for this boat. I'm really curios what 260-300 thousand can buy me, well besides a house. Other than shiny things and bells and whistles I don't see it out performing our boat. But it'll be fun to go look

Comment

Yah, my pic was on lake Austin (ski shores catfish at the time. With a Miller. )

The point above about spending 100k on a bad *** project boat (hell, give a 5 year old well cared for boat you pick up for 60k to some of the guys on this forum and see at 30 grand does to your wake with GSA and mass and stereo..) and 200k on a cruiser to dock to during the day, and your value to the dollar is probably much better.

It won’t say Paragon in the nose tho

And we all know from experience, some people get to a point financially where it just doesn’t matter. But in my mind, I still don’t get the leap from a g23 to a paragon. I think unless they really just slay it with this boat, one of two things happens: a paragon comes down to the price of a fully optioned g23, or a g23 just becomes 250k. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo Golf View Post
              If you have a few additional bucks, you can go for Pavati !

https://www.pavati.com/product-category/boats/

There is a page that may be of interest to you with pavati boat.

Comment

Working...
              X