No announcement yet.

What the...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I wanted to do those engines 10 years ago. Lets see how the transmissions hold up...
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      That is just insane numbers. Yes the boat is a piece of art on the terms of design but for 300k no thank you. Even the surf wake doesn’t look that impressive to be honest. Was talking to a buddy who is in the industry and we both agreed these will sell and so do the guys at the Nautique dealership. Up here in the Okanagan no word of a lie probably over 50 people get a new G every year and put 50 hrs on them. People want simplicity and best of the best.

Nautique isn’t the only one doing this. Malibu just released their m240 which falls into about the same price category.
      Really? I agree it's nutso on the cost but the wave looks pretty epic.

2020_Super_Air_Nautique_G23_Paragon_P_Gallery_06.jpg

Comment

HAHA...I love that pic. We make fun of other manufacturers for using kids surfing in their pictures. All Nautique did was find a short adult and at the right angle that wave looks 5-6ft tall.
        "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Hmm...for some reason that pic looks photoshopped. Akerman is a decent sized dude....something just doesn't look right to me.
          Last edited by jslayde1; 10-10-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

akerman.jpg

This is more like it. Camera angles I guess...

Comment

Yes it does have some decent size to it. Nautique definitely used their photo skills on some of these pictures, turning the horizon onto an angle in pretty much every picture. It still has that traditional G shape and some of the pics I’ve seen haven’t been super clean. I have heard some decent, unbiased opinions so going to wait until I get to try it out first.

Comment

The whole photo is rotated 45*, unless trees started growing sideways. Rotate to where the horizon is level, and it looks like a 23RZX wave....
                Originally posted by Booms View Post
                HAHA...I love that pic. We make fun of other manufacturers for using kids surfing in their pictures. All Nautique did was find a short adult and at the right angle that wave looks 5-6ft tall.
                -Brandon Lucas
                Houston, Tx

Comment

Honestly, this seems like a simple marketing tactic by Nautique. Build it and see who buys it, amiright? I mean, there are dudes (and ladies) out there who simply buy the most expensive things. These boats are already squarely in the realm of luxury at this point. If your going to spend 180, why not spend 220? or 260? What do I get? Well, it's got a unique color scheme and cool angles on the front of the boat. It requires no customization for someone who doesn't want to break the factory config. It has ostrich skin vibrating helm seats, and is shipped with two models of your choice of gender and color to take pictures with. So why not?

Of course, a lot of us are trying to find a smoking deal on a 2 year old (or in my case, 10 year old) boat that kicks *** and can be taken care of. We clearly are not the market.

Also, as a big lake boater, i'm a little shocked this is a 23 and not a 25? Hmm..

Comment

Nothing surprises me anymore. Haters gonna hate!! I guarantee there will be 10 of these on Tahoe in the first year. People that live in $75 million dollar houses and drive Bentleys and Rolls aren’t concerned about a boat that costs $300k, especially if their spoiled kids want them to buy one. I think anyone that buys the first model year is probably a little crazy, but that isn’t going to stop them. I’ll be the first one out if I ever have the opportunity to ride behind one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                      [ATTACH]51706[/ATTACH]

This is more like it. Camera angles I guess...
                      Well that ones barely better than mine lol.
                      Camera angle is everything I suppose!

Comment

This is why we need tax rates back to where they should be. The rates we had from 30's thru the 70's when the middle class did the best.

Comment

Originally posted by rcoates2 View Post
                          This is why we need tax rates back to where they should be. The rates we had from 30's thru the 70's when the middle class did the best.
                          Doesnt matter your tax rate, if you cant afford this boat currently you couldnt afford it paying 0 taxes.

Comment

Ok, so I’m having a midday lunch with the family, and what do I see? One in the wild. I saw it coming (it does have a distinctive bow). This particular boat must be a demo because he was dropping folks off then came back to get some more.

I told the waitress is was 240grand. She looked like I kicked her cat.

I noticed it had rear thrusters (he spun in place) and it has some kind of custom tower speaker. The color combo on this boat was meh. Bass Boat sparkle green, with flat white and flat black. I found it odd. Honestly, I don’t understand how it’s 50 or 60 grand more then a Fully loaded G23. But I’m not their target buyer I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm curious to see one in person too, not that I would spend that kind of $$ on it. I heard our local dealer here in Minneapolis is getting 6 in.

Comment

What lake was that on Brent? Most of the Nautique team riders, wakesurf and wakeboard have been out on it from what I’ve seen on Instagram and talking with fellow riders.

It’s definitely hard to grasp the extra 60k or more on top of G. It can also be looked at in comparison to a moomba or ATX in comparison as it’s a similar price gap from low end surf boat to what was traditionally high end. Still doesn’t change anything, I still think Nautique is going to sell these boats. One determining factor on the clientele buying these boats is how well they hold their value. A lot of guys essentially lease their boats just flipping them every couple hundred hours or end season, typically whichever comes first. From what it looks like the sales on this boat are going to be very exclusive so I would imagine the value is going to hold quite well.

Nautique and the CWSA generally don’t do many events together, kinda hoping I’ll get to try this beast this coming summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X