No announcement yet.

Tige 2005 20V drive configuration and issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you show us the stamp that says 1.46?

Comment

Nick, you are on the right path with compression. Those basic engine things need to be confirmed. A cylinder that week from compression or from a lean injector, will both result in a shallow RPM drop when the injector is disabled.

I like this method over pulling a plug wire for twree reasons. 1) pulling a plug wire off the plug can sometimes result in a torn boot or ripping the conductor off the end of the wire. 2) when you stop spark to a cylinder, you still have fuel going to it. This lets a cylinder load up a little. 3) an ungrounded secondary ignition source can burn a coil out or dist cap.

Disabling an injector will achieve the same end result, is the cylinder producing power that seems equal to the others. Once you isolate a weak or dead hole, you can then narrow down to fuel or spark.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^^Just went through this whole scenario with a friend's boat. It ran smooth at idle but would struggle to get up 30mph and forget about pulling a skier or boarder over 100lbs. All of the injectors were basically failing and cooked the motor. Installed a new long block and had the entire injector set-up rebuilt over the winter. First break in session was yesterday and it now jumps up to 40mph at 4800rpm in around 5-6 seconds. There's more in it but we didn't hang out at WOT to see what's really possible. I figure once it's all said and done, it'll hit the limiter and run around 42mph.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Been following this thread and I thought I would add in my 2 cents.

First off welcome to the forum. There are plenty of good guys, and girls on here with a wealth of knowledge and information to give. We all love pics so post a few before and after shots.
          There has been a lot of discussion about troubleshooting the engine. We all know this is very important in determining the running condition. You need to listen to these guys. If you have a question be sure to ask and reply back to lets us know the results.

Now interestingly no one has asked an obvious question. What altitude are you at?

Altitude has negative effects the higher you go on both prop and engine performance. That is why it was suggested to have 2 props if you boat at different altitudes. Given that the engine is running right, my bet is it is the wrong prop and possibly he is at a higher altitude. You have to remember that he has the engine that has a lot less HP than a lot of us. If he is at a higher altitude that prop may be too large. First troubleshoot the engine and make sure what the gear ratio is. A simple call to Acme and they will ask you a few questions and help in determining the correct prop. They know their stuff. You should also check fuel pressure at idle and WOT. Fuel pressure and compression gages are cheap and are essential tools in the troubleshooting process.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Sam, let us know what the problem was.

Comment

Prop runs about 20mm away

Comment

Just a quick update on issues. I'm based in Australia at sea level so altitude is not a problem. I,ve been through the engine now and the issue with power was as simple as new plugs. Should of known better and done them first. I took the boat out the other night as was keen to see if that solved the problem and the boat performed great leaping out of the hole. Really appreciate everyone's input and feel that I have support with the boat even though I'm base here. We are heading out this Sunday and hope to get a good days wakeboarding in. Will let you know how it goes under load ��

Comment

All these horrible scenarios we came up with and it turns out to be spark plugs? Daaaamn. Shame on you.

Where in Australia are you?

Comment

Hey Nick, I'm in Perth Western Australia.

Comment

So the update from the weekend goes as follows
                      Boat went great and had a good run without any issues
                      Good out of the hole and towing a wakeboarder 18mph @3000rpm
                      Top speed 35mph @ 5000rpm
                      Had a go at wakesurfing behind without added ballast and only 4 adults onboard but couldn't get a clean wake.

Comment

Looks like a good prop for wakesurfing. Load up with ballast and let us know how it does.

Comment

Hello ski guy, What ballast do you run in your 22V to get a good surfwake?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam20v View Post
                            Hey Nick, I'm in Perth Western Australia.
                            Had to ask. I've got some friends over in Adelaide (Goolwa).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam20v View Post
                              Hello ski guy, What ballast do you run in your 22V to get a good surfwake?
                              Last season I ran the following setup:
                              650 lb bow sac
                              750 lb sac in each rear locker
                              Suck gate
                              Speed 11.2-11.8; taps set to 3-4
                              Result: With my wife and young teen kids we had a wave that I would rate as good. Totally surfable, good push, so-so length and pocket. When out with 4-5 adults, a couple on the heavy side, the wave really improved and was a lot of fun.

....which got me to thinking....

So earlier this spring I installed an automated ballast system. Kept the 650 lb bow sack and replaced the 750's with a couple 1100 lb beauties in the rear lockers. I took it out a few weeks ago for a shake down cruise. I was by myself but I could totally see the potential. With the suck gate my goofy wave was definitely larger. Regular side was washed out but it's just a matter of adjusting speed and dumping a little strbd weight to get it right. I had to set taps at 1 tho as the bow was way high in the air. With more people in the boat I suspect some will be sitting up front.

Hope that helps. If you want to take a 22v to the max do a search on the forums for Topazsurfer. He did sacks+lead+swimplatform mods and his wave is righteous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                                Had to ask. I've got some friends over in Adelaide (Goolwa).
                                Hello Nick, I've also got family in Adelaide and cousins that live in Goolwa on the Murry river. Still haven't been over there for a ski on the river but it's on the bucket list. The boat I bought came from Adelaide.

Comment

Working...
                                X