No announcement yet.

Tige 2005 20V drive configuration and issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did notice a bit of a marking on the tips but I'll take a photo on Tuesday and post it up

Comment

I would check compression and injectors. Injectors are easy to check with no tools. Run the boat on the hose up to 1500 rpm. One by one, pull the electrical connector and see if your rpm drops at all. If it doesn't drop at all, there's your injector issue. Be careful with them though. They are a bit fragile. If you have a compression tester, it's pretty easy to do as well.

Like Mike said, verify the vdrive and prop combo. I would confirm all those things as well as the fuel system and cap and rotor before I started throwing money at props. If it aint running right, it wont push any prop.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

FYI Disabling each injector is a good way to determine which cylinder is not firing, it does not however mean that you 100% have an injector problem. Once the non firing cylinder is identified, you must determine if you have lack of fuel, spark or compression.
        Last edited by JCP; 04-19-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam20v View Post
          The engine had iridium plugs in it but I'll change them all out just to be sure and do your test then. I have been thinking just lack of power but it starts and runs without a miss. I did take the spark arrester off and made sure I had 100% throttle movement as well.
          I would do the test first.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
            FYI Disabling each injector is a good way to determine which cylinder is not firing, it does not however mean that you have an injector problem. Once the non firing cylinder is identified, you must determine if you have lack of fuel, spark or compression.
            Good point. I guess if you have confirmed compression, fuel pressure, and spark first, it's a simple injector test.

What else was wrong with the boat? It might shed some light on what has happened.

Comment

eliminate prop from your troubleshooting

I have the exact prop you need for this boat with the blue tranny. perfect mix of pulling power and mpg for wakeboarding and surfing, spent three seasons figuring it out. repotched to an inbetween size in perfect condition- $350 pm me to buy.

The one you have is way off from my 2003 riders edition - especially weighted.

Comment

Agreed....He essentially has 40inch mudders on a stock wrangler and is trying to figure out why it is so slow going over Vail pass. With that "gearing" the engine just does not generate enough power to get the RPMs up.

Caps, rotors, injectors aside....you have the wrong prop for that boat. Get a 525 and see where you end up. Then sell the old prop and get either a 911 or 515 as a backup or quiver prop. Every boat should have 2 props. If you vary altitude a lot, 2 different props.

Comment

^^^^assumming you have 1:1 ratio

Comment

Hello Members,

Just an update on where I am - The prop is a acme 1235 is 3/4 of an inch away from the hull. Is there any way to hand crank to engine over to check the ration as I'm guessing the velvet drive need clutch oil pressure to select drive. The velvet drive is also stamped 1:1.

IMG_4767.JPGIMG_4766.JPGIMG_4765.JPG

Regards Sam

Comment

The solution is now confirmed. You are way over prop'ed for the engine v-drive combo. The suggested props for the boat are 525, 515, or 911

Comment

Did i miss that the walter v-drive has been confirmed to be a 1:1 rather than the 1.46:1? Even downloading, rotating and zooming in on that v-drive tag, I cant make out the stamped ratio.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The Walter drive is stamped 1.46:1

Comment

Ok. Clearly not the norm to have a black 1.46:1, but lets roll with it. A 4 blade prop is the proper prop for that drive ration. the 1235 is a very common prop for these boats. I would think that that engine would no issue spinning it. The boat should have good hole shot and should be able to rev well in the 5K's with only a few MPH drop over the original prop. 4000 RPM WOT is about 1500 low IMO.

So before doing anything with the prop, id confirm the engine operation. Does the throttle mechanically open to wide open throttle. Timimg, fuel pressure and other tune up items. Might even go as far as weighing the boat.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm back to compression issue.

Comment

I take it back. I think its an injector issue. A properly operating injector should drop the rpm by 300rpm or so when unplugged. Do them one by one and and note the results. If they are only showing 100 rpm or so difference, they are probably clogged or failing. Either way it's not something to wait on. It will cause a lean condition and eventually cook the motor. A new long block ain't cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X