Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally pulled the Trigger on a GSA system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And German--get that GSA cooking my man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      I hear UNSTUCK is eagerly awaiting a phone call from brads friend.
      I am sure he will reach out, we both work for the military and are undergoing a major inspection right now so we pretty much live at work and sleep when we can. Give him a few days to let things die down from the inspection and I am sure he will reach out.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
        And German--get that GSA cooking my man!

I need to get back to the boat soon, I am gonna need to plot out a few days in a few weeks in a spot where I have cell service since Ryan wants me to call him while I am on the water.
        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Stand by for GREAT news...more to follow

Just got off the water and we are basically there.

No relacement for displacement!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't text and drive. Whatever you do.

Comment

Well that was 4 hours to the boat, 5 hours on the boat, 4 hours home and back to work today. I am beat tired!!! Thanks to Elevated for talking to me the majority of the way home otherwise I don't think I would have made it LOL.

Okay so the results and a little background on how we got here:

So 2 weeks ago we (Elevated and I) went out to put what we "thought" was big weight in the boat. After 2 days of running the boat around we felt we moved backwards in wave quality. I had several conversations with Ryan at GSA, and at no fault of Ryan or myself we initially got off on the wrong step with a little misunderstanding of what exactly I have and I am running. We had a great talk and he explained the basic science of the weight and how it works with listed and evenly weighted in respect to the amount of weight needed to try and re-duplicate the wave I was getting listed. This is where I need to admit and take responsibility for an error after talking with Ryan about exactly what I am getting for weight. I was under the impression that Enzo's where significantly heavier than what I am actually getting out of them so my weight estimation was off by ALOT. These numbers also affected the number I thought I was getting for listed wave, which as the old saying goes on a calculator "garbage in, garbage out". So here is the new weight numbers and how we got here:

Enzo's- Roughly 1300lbs Each side (+/- 100lbs)
              Steel Bags-1000lbs (400 a side/200 bow)
              Floor Sac-1000lbs
              TAPS 2 5/6
              Speed (GPS) 12.7-13.2
              GSA Tabs 6/7 degrees downward deployed

Total NO BS Ballast 4600lbs now.

Without a doubt I am WAY heavier then I was before, the Acme 1235 has the power to push the boat, but I hesitate to add more weight as I am not sure the prop could handle much more. With this weight in the boat, basically 4400lbs from the driver back the bow at rest is sitting roughly 5 degrees higher than before. The swim platform is about shin deep, when fully weighted.

Positives:
              Between the wave shaper dial on the GSA, the Taps 2 Plate, and Speed there is a TON of adjustability now. The added weight to the boat woke the system up and made minor adjustments possible now where as before it took big adjustments in the system in order to see a small return on the wave quality. At the advice of many users of the GSA system I have been told 10-8 degrees of down angle is really all that is needed, after testing and dialing it in this boat with this weight only needs 6 degrees of down angle (checked after pulling the boat out of the water). The push is INSANE would go so far as to say as good as Taps 3 boat. The height is thigh high 6 feet back and knee high at 10-12 feet back, total "surfable" distance is probably 17-18 feet back, if you can pump hard on a fast board might be able to stretch that to 20 feet back and shin high. The GSA system dial allows to adjust push location, Speed for length, and Taps 2 for height. I am officially putting my stamp of approval and recommendation on this system for whatever that is worth LOL.IMG_1277.jpgIMG_1275.jpgIMG_1278.jpg

Negatives:
              First I have no more floor in the boat now. With a 1000lbs ballast bag on the floor in the boat its just cumbersome and a royal PITA, though I am working a few ideas the eliminate this. The dreaded swim platform, its cutting into the wave....BAD! As you see the pictures your probably gonna say that looks ugly with the nasty line and spray coming off the lip at 8 feet back. YOU'RE RIGHT its not super pretty, BUT I have fix coming today in the mail, and a potential awesome (1 of a kind) fix if I can work the drawings out. To sum this up, bag on the floor, nasty line in the wave.

I will keep tuning and testing till I am satisfied, but we are so close! If your on the fence about the system, don't be! Don't let my initial issues sway your decision as the reason I was having difficulties was miscommunications with weight and Ryan at GSA. The system is flawlessly performing now that I have put the proper weight to the boat.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Thegerman618; 05-05-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Glad my sweet voice can keep you awake BOO.

On a side not, glad everything is functioning... All that time we spent would have been such a bummer if the end result was us needing to brush up on glass/gel skills.

Stoked for you man, looks great.
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Finally pulled the Trigger on a GSA system.

Fast speeds! Nice read, glad it's working. Big swim decks are great until they're in your way.

Also, as crazy as it may seem, my 24' boat uses 5200# ballast. But it pushes it just fine level weighted and not too bow high.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 05-05-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Well...once again, ridiculous weight seems to be the secret sauce for all misbehaving waves with current and semi current hulls.

Also, you have a lot of room to move in the prop department if you want to go to a lower pitch prop.

Glad it got you where you want to be.

Comment

Fast speeds! Nice read, glad it's working. Big swim decks are great until they're in your way.

Also, as crazy as it may seem, my 24' boat uses 5200# ballast. But it pushes it just fine level weighted and not too bow high.

I cant even imagine what my boat might do with that weight...........ohhh the curiosity.

Just love what I have now, I cant imagine throwing another 2300lbs in the rear of my current set up...... insane but I would be lying if I said its not intriguing hearing about you daredevils.
                      Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                        I cant even imagine what my boat might do with that weight...........ohhh the curiosity.

Just love what I have now, I cant imagine throwing another 2300lbs in the rear of my current set up...... insane but I would be lying if I said its not intriguing hearing about you daredevils.
                        A lot of my weight isn't rear--middle. The hard tanks are from 1' in front of transom to roughly the driver's arse. I don't think the big cat would move with more rear bias.

Comment

A lot of my weight isn't rear--middle. The hard tanks are from 1' in front of transom to roughly the driver's arse. I don't think the big cat would move with more rear bias.

****, middle-middle rear wherever. Just adding 2300 more would be crazy......
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

Working on some swimstep mods. Gonna start small first then potentially a big change if I see good results. Would love to try a run with no swim step but not sure that is an option at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                            X