Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to this forum I have a smaller swim deck and FAE!! You guys rock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highroller View Post
    Yeah, I'm using an early prototype of my wakeshaper.
    [ATTACH]46549[/ATTACH]
    That could be your problem. I think with the boat being evenly weighted it could cause the swim platform to cut into the wave more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is your platform the fiberglass one?
      Mine is clean up to about 10.8 then it starts to develop a really bad cornice overhang at the lip. I want to be riding at 11.5-12.5 but the cornice is a problem.
      [ATTACH]46547[/ATTACH][ATTACH]46548[/ATTACH]
      This is exactly the problem I have when I use my suckgate. I get that same line that makes the wave harder to ride. It shows up around 10.6 on my boat. In my case it is definitely NOT caused by the swim platform. When I was playing around with my suckgate last time out I did take pics and the swim platform is a few inches out of the water. My platform is as small as I can make it without cutting the brackets and I also raised it an inch and a half over the stock one. I also noticed I get it when I surf with my boat listed and the bags aren't filled all the way. If I add a little weight or move a person to that corner it disappears. It looks to me like it's coming off the bottom of the boat but not sure what's causing it.

Comment

I would try to slightly list to surf side and still use the gate and see if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I'm using an early prototype of my wakeshaper.
          [ATTACH]46549[/ATTACH]
          What material is the red plate on your suckgate? Does it float?

Comment

The line does come from the corner/ chine, the platform grooms it at its normal height but seems to make turbulence that makes a washy wake. I have heard that a flap will smooth out that wash. I've had the cornice issue back when I just listed the boat without a shaper.

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
            What material is the red plate on your suckgate? Does it float?
            That one is petg(3d printed), also have made some that are abs. Yep they float. I wanted mine to float, shapers that don't float and need tethers are prone to coming off and snapping back at the boat/passengers or rider. I have probably built about 10 different variations to get to this point.
            IMG_1136.jpg

Comment

Wich tool did you use to cut your swim deck? A skill saw ? Do you need a special blade?

Regards,

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nick1994 View Post
                Wich tool did you use to cut your swim deck? A skill saw ? Do you need a special blade?

Regards,

Nick
                Yep I just used a regular hand held circular saw, no special blade.

Comment

Working...
                X