Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to this forum I have a smaller swim deck and FAE!! You guys rock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigeunrest View Post
    That's what I'm talking about, that wave looks sweet!!
    Thanks for the idea and all the measurements and work you did, it really is amazing how much of a difference it makes!!

Comment

Tigeunrest: I've always just figured if you are making it narrower that also raising the platform itself and inch or two would also really make a difference. I'm still interested in this mod. My wave isn't as bad as what your photos showed but my platform does still cut the wave and put an extra line in to the wave. If anything I think cutting it down would help the flow of water coming off the opposite side of the boat when weighted. I may have to get a piece of plywood and experiment with this at some point before I look at potentially cutting mine down.

Comment

Originally posted by culrich77 View Post
        ...wish I would have done it last year!!
        Isn't that always the case. Looks like it has made a huge difference. Congrats on a pulled trigger!
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

culrich77: glad to be of help. I got most of my info off of this site and a few of the members had done it before. It's kinda like drilling holes in your boat, you think holy crap what happens if I mess up. Fear of the unknown, you get over it then you become the one with the experience and pass it on.

BCRider: It is the lip on the bottom of the swim deck itself that is the real issue. It is huge and unless you counterweight and sink it straight down then it is not as big an issue. You can not get the height out of it if you do that.
          This is a video of my boat the Tige dealer put together on YouTube before I bought it.
          Link Here
          They have a pretty good wave, obviously surf-able.
          If you have time this summer come up to the Shuswap I am there every weekend until September or later the odd one out on Kamloops lake.

Comment

Culrich - did you just cut the black "tige" pad with a razor around the edges?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaase12 View Post
              Culrich - did you just cut the black "tige" pad with a razor around the edges?
              Yes exactly, worked perfectly.

Comment

I am assuming there is a metal plat that bolts the platform to the brackets. Did you have to cut a part of that as well? I really want to do this to mine, just don't want to start the project and screw up my platform!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaase12 View Post
                  I am assuming there is a metal plat that bolts the platform to the brackets. Did you have to cut a part of that as well? I really want to do this to mine, just don't want to start the project and screw up my platform!
                  I didn't even remove the platform brackets, I just cut the deck with them on, and I was careful not to come to close and as you can see from my pics I came close on one side but I have never noticed a loss of strength this summer and have had up to 4 adults sitting on it at once.

Comment

What did you finish the outer edge with? Is it just paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats pretty incredible. Looks great !!!
                      If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

So I'm torn on which way to go with my 07 22ve platform. We tried raising it up 3 inches but it now is worse off than before. I really want to have a clean wake with a proper lip/peak for airs. So here are the options I'm left with:

1-cut it like this one and lower it back down to the regular height.
                        2-leave the massive platform and build a wave flap.

Anyone have a verdict on which way to go? I've seen some great looking wakes with a proper peak from the flap.

Comment

I have an 08 22ve with stock swim deck and have no problems at all. My wave is super clean

Comment

Originally posted by lancehon View Post
                            I have an 08 22ve with stock swim deck and have no problems at all. My wave is super clean
                            Is your platform the fiberglass one?
                            Mine is clean up to about 10.8 then it starts to develop a really bad cornice overhang at the lip. I want to be riding at 11.5-12.5 but the cornice is a problem.
                            IMG_1230.jpgIMG_1117.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by highroller View Post
                              Is your platform the fiberglass one?
                              Mine is clean up to about 10.8 then it starts to develop a really bad cornice overhang at the lip. I want to be riding at 11.5-12.5 but the cornice is a problem.
                              [ATTACH]46547[/ATTACH][ATTACH]46548[/ATTACH]
                              Are you using some sort of wakeshaper or suck gate?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugh2o View Post
                                Are you using some sort of wakeshaper or suck gate?

Yeah, I'm using an early prototype of my wakeshaper.
                                IMG_1133.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X