Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to this forum I have a smaller swim deck and FAE!! You guys rock!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to this forum I have a smaller swim deck and FAE!! You guys rock!!

I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of the amazing owners on this site for their input, help, and participation on the site! Thanks to many of you I was able to take my dreaded XXL RZ2 swim deck and cut it down this winter (instead of buying a new one from the dealer for $2300, yes you read that right, $2300!!) and my friends dad has a fiberglass shop and after I made the cuts he did the rest, I decided not to mess with filling and laying fiberglass and he gave me a great deal so I had him do it for me. All measurements and idea credit for the deck were found in this thread... http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Z2-Has-No-Push

And thanks to this forum I got a great deal on the FAE from the group buy and installed that yesterday!

Here are some pics, I got a little carried away on the cut on the port side of the swim deck and came really, really close to the bracket, may have had a few too many that night! Overall I couldn't be happier with either project and can't wait to see my new wave!

IMG_3215.jpgIMG_3216.jpgIMG_3220.jpgIMG_3227.jpgIMG_3228.jpg

Looks great nice work, you will be extremely happy with the FAE, I haven't convinced myself to cut my swimstep yet. Maybe one day.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I have the monster swim deck on my rz4 and made a plywood laminate one and swapped it last summer. You are gonna like the differance ALOT as it made a big change to our wave. I have a decent amount of glass and carbon layup experience but was to chicken to cut mine up last year I think you have inspired me to do it!

Comment

Nice work. I've contemplated this with my 09 platform as well. Have any of you that have done this also raised the height of the platform on the stock brackets to help get it off the water when surfing?

Comment

I finally just decided to do it, made the first cut and just went with it!! After I saw a pic of what the lip was doing to my wave I had to get rid of it, I have no experience with fiberglass and so I had my friends dad do it and it turned out exactly like I was hoping for, hoping to get some pics of the new wave this week.

Comment

I have a friend who owns a fiberglass fab shop so I think this will be a project for next winter on my RZ2. Tell me about the FAE, I've seen them but what do the actually do?
            If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Wagonhound: http://www.freshairexhaust.com/

Fresh air exhaust releases all the exhaust fumes in to the water so for applications like surfing you aren't getting the exhaust in the surfers face or billowing back in to the boat with harmful CO2. It also makes the boat quite a bit quieter as you don't hear the exhaust like you do without.

Comment

Originally posted by Wagonhound View Post
                I have a friend who owns a fiberglass fab shop so I think this will be a project for next winter on my RZ2. Tell me about the FAE, I've seen them but what do the actually do?
                The FAE takes the carbon monoxide fumes and pushes them into the wake and supposedly 80 feet out into the wash, I have 2 young kids that love to sit at the back of the boat and so for peace of mind I added it on, also it significantly reduces the sound of the engine, I put a fake-a-lake on and ran my engine on Saturday and it was SO much quieter, can't wait to actually hear my tower speakers while surfing!

Comment

So does the Fae actually sit lower then the taps plate and if so is the wake affected?
                  Germaine Marine
                  "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

yes it sits lower and no I've never noticed any issue to the wake.
                    Attached Files

Comment

culrich77 just saw this post, bet your glad you got rid of the bubble maker on the trailing edge of the swim platform. Glad you found someone to help you with the fiberglass that really takes a load off.
                      Your supervisor there looks thankful she is going to have a better surf wave.
                      Good work on the deck looks really nice you won't be disappointed with the results.

sent you a pm earlier.

BCRider - I have not tried to lift the deck up on my boat, it never occurred to me until you mentioned it in another post. The results I got from cutting the swim platform were nothing short of spectacular. The starboard wave needs some work but not as important to me. Thought about adding the horse mat flap to try and smooth out the face. Could be weighting too I can surf it but only when someone else wants to surf that side.

Comment

Nice transom mod. It'll be like a new boat! Nice work.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Here is a before and after pic!! Different lakes but the same weighting, my wave is so much cleaner, wish I would have done it last year!!!image.jpeg

Comment

That's what I'm talking about, that wave looks sweet!!

Comment

Finished my FAE a few weeks ago, can't believe how quiet it makes it!

Comment

Working...
                              X