Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy, I replied to your email!

Comment

Hey IDBoating what is the fastest way to get an order for the replacement speed set control and do you have them in stock for an 07 RZ2? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jcloward5 View Post
        Hey IDBoating what is the fastest way to get an order for the replacement speed set control and do you have them in stock for an 07 RZ2? Thanks
        We keep them in stock, and we generally ship within one business day after receipt of your order form (email is great) and PayPal transaction. Shipping anywhere in the USA is generally 2-4 days, but we can ship faster if you wish.

Thanks!

Comment

Just reporting that mine is now fixed. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New to the forum. I have a 2006 20V with the MP 340. Do you still have in stock the accuset touch pad?
            Last edited by Grebva3; 01-03-2020, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grebva3 View Post
              New to the forum. I have a 2006 20V with the MP 340. Do you still have in stock the accuset touch pad?
              We keep them in stock, and we generally ship within one business day after receipt of your order form (email is great) and PayPal transaction. Shipping anywhere in the USA is generally 2-4 days, but we can ship faster if you wish. We also ship internationally but obviously it will take longer to get there.

Here's the link to the order form: http://waketouch.com/media/TigeOrderForm.pdf

Thanks!

Comment

Does this fix the speedset freezing up or just the buttons not working?

Thanks,
                Robert

Comment

It fixes the "buttons not working" (or burned out lights, etc.).

The panel alone cannot fix the "freeze up" or "drop out" problem seen by many people, because the actual logic behind the cruise control in these boats is implemented in the engine's ECU (the electronics package on the engine itself). The panel sends instructions to the ECU to set the desired speed, increase or decrease it, etc. But once the speed is set, the ECU handles throttle control.

That "drop out" problem is well known and very frustrating. We don't know if it's a problem in the ECU firmware, or in the Medallion firmware behind the helm, but we strongly suspect the latter because in most cases when it happens the little LCD screen also switches away from the cruise control display to the "Main" screen. If the problem were local to the ECU, the LCD would be unaware of it and have no reason to change modes. Another telling detail is that in most cases the cruise control continues to maintain the set speed even if the screen switches modes... again suggesting that the problem is not in the ECU, but in the helm display firmware.

Medallion did issue at least one firmware update for these units a long time ago, but as far as we've seen it did not eliminate this cruise control screen problem.

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
                    It fixes the "buttons not working" (or burned out lights, etc.).

The panel alone cannot fix the "freeze up" or "drop out" problem seen by many people, because the actual logic behind the cruise control in these boats is implemented in the engine's ECU (the electronics package on the engine itself). The panel sends instructions to the ECU to set the desired speed, increase or decrease it, etc. But once the speed is set, the ECU handles throttle control.

That "drop out" problem is well known and very frustrating. We don't know if it's a problem in the ECU firmware, or in the Medallion firmware behind the helm, but we strongly suspect the latter because in most cases when it happens the little LCD screen also switches away from the cruise control display to the "Main" screen. If the problem were local to the ECU, the LCD would be unaware of it and have no reason to change modes. Another telling detail is that in most cases the cruise control continues to maintain the set speed even if the screen switches modes... again suggesting that the problem is not in the ECU, but in the helm display firmware.

Medallion did issue at least one firmware update for these units a long time ago, but as far as we've seen it did not eliminate this cruise control screen problem.
                    Thank you sir I just wanted to make sure. I remember getting many parts replaced and firmware updates under warranty for the freezing up issue but none fixed it.

Guess I should probably order one of these. I still have the original one in my 09 22ve.

Comment

WakeTouch is opening a new location in Tennessee, and Tige SpeedSet touchpad orders will be accepted and shipped from there. The updated order form is available by clicking here. Price, etc. is all the same, only the mailing address has changed for those who prefer to mail a check.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X