Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we not have a tow vehicle section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget about the fun 3/4 ton Burbs with the "8100 Vortec" (8.1L) . If I had to have a gasser tow rig they would be it. You can remove the rear seat and camp in the back. For Dave and his low tow trip mileage a 1/2 ton fits the bill. For guys that tow a big boat more miles and some vertical within that tow higher displacement gassers(3/4 ton equipped 6.0/6.2/6.4)or even your 1/2 tons will cut it. You are beating in the 1/2 ton tho at those weights.

Towing bigger miles with lots of up and downs its HD country. Once you pull 8500-10k lbs with an HD you won't want to go back.

Just my opinion. I wish more folks would weigh their boats and post the results.
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 02-20-2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I just bought a F150 EcoBoost and curious to see how it compares to my dad's old 3500 with the 6.0 gasser. The ecoboost seems to be an absolute beast and can do 11800 on paper in a short box crew cab. The part that probably isn't helping me is the 600lbs of lead in the bow I'm too lazy to take out. Even the 2020 Duramax squats a bit.

Here's the ultimate tow rig
      IMG_6350.jpg

Comment

Ultimate tow rig... ultimate fail on the ramp.

Comment

‘15 Ecoboost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Many years ago the original owners of the my company had a '95 Powerstroke (husband's) and a '95 (I think) special ordered suburban with the diesel in it (wife's). Remember him telling me "yeah, that suburban is faster than the Powerstroke but it couldn't pull a greased string out of a chicken's a$$." It was hilarious. Nothing against GM

Comment

18 Denali 1500 with Magnuson supercharger. 550 Ftlb at the rear wheels. I was really nervous before I got the boat about the truck being too small and being over weight. I have never scaled it but I’m sure it is or really close. I was surprised how well it pulled and handled on the highway. It’ll run in 8th gear at 110. I pull it 2x a year and it’s flat so I don’t feel it’s worth a 3/4 ton that doesn't fit our life style the rest of the year (not fit in my parkade at work etc). Agreed if you were trailering all the time up big grades a diesel would be the cats a$$.

Comment

357,000 miles on the tow rig, every one logged by me. LB7 where I get to replace injectors every 70K...but it always runs and it always pulls our boats. Your rig is your rig but without an Allison, I pity the foo.
                Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I bought my 19 Silverado 1500 trail boss last year. So far it has been great but the transmission seems to be a potential weak point.

My previous 02 Sierra 1500 had the 5.3 motor with 320,000 miles in it and still ran and looked great. It was in its 4th fuel pump and 3rd drivers window regulator but was very reliable. I had water over the hood of the old truck twice and occasionally hauled antique tractors weighing well over 10K lbs. but it never gave me any major problems.

I feel like most modern vehicles should easily run 300,000 miles plus with proper maintenance.

Comment

Comment

2016 Z71 * 2017 Z1
                      image_50584.jpg

Z71 Z1.jpg
                      Last edited by Ironrequiem; 02-22-2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I feel like most modern vehicles should easily run 300,000 miles plus with proper maintenance.
                        I agree. I always chuckle at the "gas engines dont last" from the diesel guys that trade up every 2-3 years My 02 trailblazer, that towed loads through out its entire life, had 285,00 and still going till it met its demise against a concreate hiway divider. My 03 tahoe I got as its replacement, has 309,000.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here’s my tow wagon

Comment

ttruckboat.jpg

Comment

14 EB F150 pulls no problems even up some of our steep mountain passes. Only thing I'd love to add would be electric over hydraulic so I could dump the serge and have better braking power.
                              Attached Files

Comment

2017 3.5 ecoboost. Love the way these trucks tow.

HTRUCK.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X