Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we not have a tow vehicle section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we not have a tow vehicle section?

Seriously though, should we not have one? I’m having a little work done on mine.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Simple, because people would soon realize their SUV isn't supposed to tow that big boat. Dump the SUV or dump the boat idea? The whole trailer/towing aspect of boating always gets me fired up.

I didn't realize they pulled the cab on GM trucks for work. I never have. Probably explains all my bleeding knuckles.

Comment

^^^Ha! I hear you man. I think it’s known around here how I feel about trailer safety.

Had to pull the cab off to get the motor out. It was locked up tight. Almost broke a 1/2” breaker bar trying to get it to turn in either direction. It wouldn’t. Just waiting for the new motor to show up.

Comment

Pics of tow pigs to get this rolling!

Ram 3500.jpg

Comment

2000 f350 7.3 stroker
          2014 LTZ 3500 Dmax
          Attached Files
          surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            Simple, because people would soon realize their SUV isn't supposed to tow that big boat. Dump the SUV or dump the boat idea? The whole trailer/towing aspect of boating always gets me fired up.

I didn't realize they pulled the cab on GM trucks for work. I never have. Probably explains all my bleeding knuckles.
            Money doesn’t buy common sense bro.

Ford is till better though. #SuperDuty4Life

Hahah. Love you guys

Comment

^^^Its my understanding that all the new Fords get the cabs pulled for the simplest of stuff. Then they start squeaking from the cab bushings.

Pulling the cab off my Dmax just made sense. I’m replacing/upgrading a bunch of other stuff in there so it just made everything simple. New steering box, new brake booster, all new coolant lines, a bunch of wiring, firewall and hood blankets, new S&B cold air intake and turbo inlet, PPE exhaust manifolds and up-pipes. Upgrading the front axels to match the stage 4 Kryptonite front end I had just put in it a couple months ago. I’m gonna upgrade the horn too. No air horn or nothing, just ‘83 Buick Riviera dual tone horns. What hasn’t been simple is getting the motor out of Texas. Decided to do the ARP head studs and they build those to order instead of grabbing a stocker off the shelf. It was supposed to ship out last Monday but then hell froze over. Hopefully it’ll ship this coming Monday.

Comment

New tow rig...

Attached Files

Comment

Ive been towing boats with an SUV since 2002..................maybe ill learn one of these days
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                    ^^^Its my understanding that all the new Fords get the cabs pulled for the simplest of stuff. Then they start squeaking from the cab bushings.

Pulling the cab off my Dmax just made sense. I’m replacing/upgrading a bunch of other stuff in there so it just made everything simple. New steering box, new brake booster, all new coolant lines, a bunch of wiring, firewall and hood blankets, new S&B cold air intake and turbo inlet, PPE exhaust manifolds and up-pipes. Upgrading the front axels to match the stage 4 Kryptonite front end I had just put in it a couple months ago. I’m gonna upgrade the horn too. No air horn or nothing, just ‘83 Buick Riviera dual tone horns. What hasn’t been simple is getting the motor out of Texas. Decided to do the ARP head studs and they build those to order instead of grabbing a stocker off the shelf. It was supposed to ship out last Monday but then hell froze over. Hopefully it’ll ship this coming Monday.
                    I was just starting a cultural war. I’m sure they are a bitch fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      Ive been towing boats with an SUV since 2002..................maybe ill learn one of these days
                      The newer 25s loaded down @10k lbs plus for long distances? I think the issue is these new boats are so close to the max tow rating on a standard expedition or Tahoe it’s a bitch on a long haul right?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post

The newer 25s loaded down @10k lbs plus for long distances? I think the issue is these new boats are so close to the max tow rating on a standard expedition or Tahoe it’s a bitch on a long haul right?

So maybe its a case of 1/2 ton v's 3/4 ton and not pickup v's suv? IIRC, GM had a 3/4 Suburban/Yukon XL and Ford had the Excursion. These SUVs are more then capable of hauling that load, agree?

I would have loved a gasser Excursion when I was looking a couple years ago, but they were a bit higher then what I wanted to spend on a work truck. Settled on a Tahoe to replace the trailblazer and so far, im happy. Towed a few heavy Bu's, Chaps, etc.
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

So maybe its a case of 1/2 ton v's 3/4 ton and not pickup v's suv? IIRC, GM had a 3/4 Suburban/Yukon XL and Ford had the Excursion. These SUVs are more then capable of hauling that load, agree?

I would have loved a gasser Excursion when I was looking a couple years ago, but they were a bit higher then what I wanted to spend on a work truck. Settled on a Tahoe to replace the trailblazer and so far, im happy. Towed a few heavy Bu's, Chaps, etc.
                              I had a ‘96 GMC 2500 Suburban. 454. Motor blew at 110k. Put a new one in it and totaled it 2 weeks later. I mostly hated that thing. Gutless sponge with no bed. That’s when I bought the LLY Dmax. I figure I’ve bought it twice now.

Comment

Working...
                              X