How long with my tige last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post
    By the way, so I new boat! Is this number 4 now?!
    Yes, number 4... and last until we convert to a pontoon later in life. I was lucky enough to convince Pam on this one, as she swore "no more boats".

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post

For the record - I didn't pay anywhere near that. I don't think I would have, even knowing now what I know. Then again, I have been called cheap on more than one occasion, LOL.
      Out of curiosity what did you pay? Everything I have seen is 3999 + install costs.
      At 2K i'd say it's a solid upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
        Out of curiosity what did you pay? Everything I have seen is 3999 + install costs. At 2K i'd say it's a solid upgrade.
        Oh come on SONIC. Don't put me on the spot like that. I agree though... it's a solid upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post

Out of curiosity what did you pay? Everything I have seen is 3999 + install costs.
          At 2K i'd say it's a solid upgrade.
          I called GSA last year and got a quote just for plates at $1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sonic-
            I'll be interested to see what you think of the difference in supra plates vs gsa IF you do it.
            we almost pulled the plug on a kaiyen and the 1 thing that really had me concerned on the boat are the 2 actuators per tab. seems like a lot of over-engineering and potential failure rates not to mention way to many adjustment points to dink around with.
            gsa and specifically the tige GO is pretty much idiot-proof.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post

For the record - I didn't pay anywhere near that. I don't think I would have, even knowing now what I know. Then again, I have been called cheap on more than one occasion, LOL.
              Thats wild. Kit retail is 3,999.99 about everywhere. Jason must be hooking folks up!! I just got our dealer info to Ryan at GSA to get set up as a dealer. Will be interested to see what the margins are like.

Comment

I got the plates only for $1500. Worth every penny. 2015 Z3

Comment

sandm just one lenco on each side on the SA.

Comment

So curious if dealers make GSA an option when outfitting a new Tigé? I am so out of touch of what a new boat entails (besides the hefty 10 year payment) but maybe one day I will know exactly what to get so I can ensure an out of the box surf boat. I think it is crazy that you can buy a brand new surf boat but still need to do so much aftermarket work to them to get them where you want them... is it just me that thinks about that? Or am I just ignorant and most Tigés already are at a point where all the newer boats are loaded from the get-go (i.e. ACME prop, FAE, ballast, etc.) straight out of the box? I am guessing each dealer is a little unique... However, I would think that Tigé would sell boats to the dealers already “ready to go” with all the right surf options from the factory and not leave it to the dealer to option them out 3rd party, if that makes any sense...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gumby
                      nice.!!! start your 360 10 more inches out in the flat you will be nailing them. your tail won't be running up the wave dumping you off. once you start getting them you will be able to move closer in. But with that said you got airs down pretty good.
                      Dude! Stuck my first one today by the way! Thanks for the tip! Almost landed a 720 on accident! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post
                        So curious if dealers make GSA an option when outfitting a new Tigé? I am so out of touch of what a new boat entails (besides the hefty 10 year payment) but maybe one day I will know exactly what to get so I can ensure an out of the box surf boat. I think it is crazy that you can buy a brand new surf boat but still need to do so much aftermarket work to them to get them where you want them... is it just me that thinks about that? Or am I just ignorant and most Tigés already are at a point where all the newer boats are loaded from the get-go (i.e. ACME prop, FAE, ballast, etc.) straight out of the box? I am guessing each dealer is a little unique... However, I would think that Tigé would sell boats to the dealers already “ready to go” with all the right surf options from the factory and not leave it to the dealer to option them out 3rd party, if that makes any sense...

All the new Tige/ATX line have GSA plates and Parker actuators instead of Lenco(much better). I dont think that you "need" to do any work to hardly any new boat(Heyday excluded lol). Its definitely more of a want. Plenty of boats surf just fine out the box. For your more discerning customers that realize there's potential for a better wave more weight and possibly plates are in their future.

Other stuff like underwater lights are just easy to add as the wire drops are already in the harness and for the diy guys are often able to buy a better component than what would have been put on that factory for the same if not less $ than if they paid for the option from the dealer. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

All the new Tige/ATX line have GSA plates and Parker actuators instead of Lenco(much better). I dont think that you "need" to do any work to hardly any new boat(Heyday excluded lol). Its definitely more of a want. Plenty of boats surf just fine out the box. For your more discerning customers that realize there's potential for a better wave more weight and possibly plates are in their future.

Other stuff like underwater lights are just easy to add as the wire drops are already in the harness and for the diy guys are often able to buy a better component than what would have been put on that factory for the same if not less $ than if they paid for the option from the dealer. Just my .02
                          That’s good to know! Glad they’re getting it right! Thanks for the heads up! I feel educated now.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby
                            Awesome!!! the first one is such a feeling of accomplishment. I only know because I was stuck at the same point at one time.LOL Your video looked exactly like mine. Just on the wrong side.
                            It was liberating for sure! Lol. Now to try and stick more than just one! Didn’t feel real. Haha.

Comment

Back on topic, kind of. I boated with a guy in June that has over 3000 hours on his 21i. He lives on a private lake in Barstow. Rides every day. He made a huge point of telling me how bad he is at maintaining his toys. There can't be many more Tiges with more hours than that.

As far a GSA goes, I think we are all in agreement that having GSA tabs will improve your surfing. If you are going to install the kit yourself, why not build your own kit using GSA tabs and save half the price, or more? The fancy controller or buttons wont make the wave better. So build or buy your GSA tabs only, then buy Lenco actuators and controller and run it. You'll loose a bit of automation, but for $2k that would be fine with me. Your wave will be the same once you figure it out. So now the question becomes, is a GSA wave worth $2k? Well if it was worth it at $4k......

Comment

Working...
                              X