How long with my tige last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gumby
    Wow what a great pic!!!!! Are waves do look similar weight sounds close to the same. I use led up front with v bag. I just find it awesome you don't list either. It makes It so much better between riders. Pull point to the back of the wave ( rope length) can you catch the boat? your table top is a lot more pointed. but that is a preference some supra riders don't know what to do without it. when they realize they don't need it. it is on.
    Thanks Gumby! I can get really far back on my wave man... way past rope length. Here is a link to a recent video on YouTube... I started this season just learning how to ride this board so it is nice to start getting some jumps in! https://youtu.be/cVcmUlgHt1Y

Also, I am all over instagram and now TikToc with vids... IG- happy_famcamper and TikTok- campbellsoup85

Looking forward to being able to stab out some 360s eventually. Not sure why they are so hard for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

nice.!!! start your 360 10 more inches out in the flat you will be nailing them. your tail won't be running up the wave dumping you off. once you start getting them you will be able to move closer in. But with that said you got airs down pretty good.
      Appreciate the words of advice! I have had a ton of close lands but I am over spinning a lot of them too...

Comment

Your wave looks well in the 20ies 22-25
        Are you talking about the length? If so I think that is spot on. Not sure what the newer boats have but for this boat it is pretty money IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
          I'm torn as to whether GSA is really worth it? From everything I see and read it doesn't look like it's giving you any better of a wave than what you can get with a suck gate. You then have to run even heavier than you are now so your fuel burn rate goes up. To get the most optimal wave you still have to adjust your weight left/right/bow. It's not just fill 100% and deploy the tabs. Even GSA requires some list and I don't need to switch sides every run.
          I was somewhat surpised when I read this, but took a step back before responding. The question of "to GSA or NOT GSA" seems pretty straight forward to me... but the more I thought about it - there's a lot involved in that decision. So please allow me to provide my 2 cents (it's probably not worth that much, LOL).

We upgraded our 2015 Z3 from TAPS3 to GSA and the difference was DRAMATICALLY better. The biggest gain was lead. We didn't need nearly as much lead to get a great wave out of the GSA. We could get the same wave from TAPS 3 with 1K in lead to GSA with 300 in lead. That's a big difference if you are traveling very far with all that extra weight. We also had a 2014 Z1 with a wake shaper. Wave was solid, but no comparison to a TAPS3 or GSA wave, in my honest opinion (again, it's just an opinion and I realize that). With GSA, you might have to run heavier for the best wave, but the return is worth it. You do have to adjust, but not nearly as much with a gate or TAPS3. It IS almost as easy as filling 100% and deploying the tabs on the newer models (like our 23ZX). The GSA needs to be adjusted for length and height, but nothing like the lengthy process of finding the perfect weight combination for a gate on the older models. I don't switch sides, but I do switch surfers quite a bit, who surf on different sides. The transition is seconds, not minutes on the new boats. Now, that's the positives for GSA. Here's where I stepped back to understand your point, and would tend to agree...

GSA is not cheap, and is not guaranteed to have great results on every boat (although I haven't heard any negative reviews from any one on any model yet). It's an investment in the wave some are not willing to make when what they are doing makes them happy and they are thrilled with their current set-up. Who is to argue? Even if it does produce better results, is there truly a return on investment? Will you get that money back when you sale the boat? Are you a recreational surfer who, lets face it, will never need anything more than what you have now? I get it. It's not for everyone. But let me just close with this... if anyone here ever makes it out to Havasu, you are welcome on and behind our boat. Try someones GSA boat before ruling it out. It really is THAT good.

Comment

Great input Dave and I hope to be able to take you up on that ride! Def don’t worry about the trailering and travel aspect so those are solid feedback tips for the gang! I know if I do become sold on it... Brad said he will be headed out to help on the install! LOL

Comment

I am running 3600 LBS in a boat that weighs 3800 LBS I don't think more weight is an option for me.I am out of free board.
              LOL - LOVE IT!

Comment

I can't really do an apples to apples comparison either as I never had much weight when running Malibu style slapper gates.
                I can compare 1:1 from a suck gate (nauticurl copy) to GSA.

The suck gate wave on the 23V (and the 21V) is beautiful with a lot of push, it's taller steeper and shorter than the GSA wave in my boat pound for pound.
                GSA has a little less height but a lot more length, 5-10 feet easily. A more mellow transition and a cleaner top.

I sold my GSA 23V and just bought a Supra SA. The supra has 2500+ lbs on the tige but the wave is really not that much better. It's taller and messier than the tige wave.

As Scott pointed out the difference is freeboard. My tige was maxed on weight. Any more and it's sleeping with the fishes lol. The supra will be perfectly happy taking another 2000lbs or more.

I've had the SA for a little under a week and I'm already planning to swap the Swell plates for a GSA style plate, it that helps make your decision.

Comment

D&P Powell: I should clarify that I'm meaning is whether it's worth it to add GSA to an older boat or not?...not a new one. I wouldn't disagree that new GSA equipped boats with newer running surfaces make a great wave. Of course, we've had +10 years in technology advancement. It's whether spending the few thousands of dollars is going to result in a dramatically different wave than what can be done currently on an older ride like my 09 VE? I have no direct experience, I'll admit that. My opinion has purely been based on others that have done it and the pictures I've seen of said waves. I have yet to hear it's been a major difference.

Comment

D&P Powell: I should clarify that I'm meaning is whether it's worth it to add GSA to an older boat or not?...not a new one. I wouldn't disagree that new GSA equipped boats with newer running surfaces make a great wave. Of course, we've had +10 years in technology advancement. It's whether spending the few thousands of dollars is going to result in a dramatically different wave than what can be done currently on an older ride like my 09 VE? I have no direct experience, I'll admit that. My opinion has purely been based on others that have done it and the pictures I've seen of said waves. I have yet to hear it's been a major difference.
                    My opinion is that for 4K + install it's not worth it unless you just can't stand having to use the suck gate.

If you love your boat and want the ease of push the button and go, east transfers etc then 4K is a lot cheaper than a new boat.

Things are worth what they are worth to each person. For some 4k is peanuts, for others it's 25% of the boats value which is a much harder pill to swallow. Just depends on how much you like your boat IMO

Comment

Sonic glad to hear you are in another boat. Look forward to see where this one goes on WG.
                      That was my experience that I remember on your boat. Great wave just needed more weight.
                      Yep that took all of a few days lol

Yep last time you were out with me we weren't anywhere near full ballast, the bags were all bunched up and not filling correctly. Weight made a huge difference. More weight would have been much better as well but like you say freeboard (and power) is the limiter

Comment

Where y’all boating at? [mention]SONIC [/mention] [mention]gumby [/mention]

Comment

It's whether spending the few thousands of dollars is going to result in a dramatically different wave than what can be done currently on an older ride like my 09 VE?
                          I completely agree. That's why I mentioned I had to take a step back. Your points are all valid.

Comment

I am in Nashville TN. sonic is hour or so outside
                            H2o how dose that prop pull fully loaded with 4 people? I have a 1433 and a 1617 the cup is way different on yours? my 1433 is the same specs. good only till the boat has 4 people 3 you are good.
                            It’s amazing from my experience and I have pulled at various locations. Mainly below 2000ft elevation though. I had heard a lot about the 1433 though. I been using this prop in Maryland, California, Nevada, Arizona, and now Texas. Never tried anything else to tell you different though. However people always seem to think it’s going 80 mph when it tops out just below 40 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
                              My opinion is that for 4K + install it's not worth it...
                              For the record - I didn't pay anywhere near that. I don't think I would have, even knowing now what I know. Then again, I have been called cheap on more than one occasion, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post

I completely agree. That's why I mentioned I had to take a step back. Your points are all valid.
                                For sure. Also, if money was no object then I would be all about finding out more too but that sort of money makes it harder to sell to the wife as a necessity! I just got her to let me get a golf cart. Lol. By the way, so A new boat!? Is this number 4 now?! Y’all have the best looking rides out there for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by h2osk8er00; 08-04-2020, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X