How long with my tige last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long with my tige last?

I have a 2007 rz2 with marine power340 hp 5.7 litre engine on it. It’s has 700 hours on it. I put on about 100 a season (in Canada)

I’m thinking about upgrading to GSA but then I started wondering how long with this boat last? If it’s 10 more years the GSA is a good investment. Any idea of how long this boat will last with good maintenance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at infinity wave Mfg tabs. Half the cost of GSA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My understanding is that 2000hrs is about the life of a marine tow boat engine/drive train. So in ~13yrs or so the power train will need major work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

drive it like you stole it, not very long. Take care of it and it will last last forever.

Better ? is how long until you're bored of this one and want a new one.

Comment

Highest hour boat Ive seen is an old 89 Nautique with 3k hours. It was running the 351 Ford. According to the owner its had nothing but regular mail and non ethanol fuel.

Have an MC NXT in with the Ilmor 5.7 in that made it 1000 hours and gave up, but it was a rental/demo boat in its past life so it has been used and abused.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
            Highest hour boat Ive seen is an old 89 Nautique with 3k hours. It was running the 351 Ford. According to the owner
            larry gebert?? rumor mill is he and a buddy ski 1 day a week and have been for something like 20 years straight...

2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Not sure who does Larry's maintenance. He buys retail gear from us but I don't see his boat. I have heard the same rumor...even in winter as long as ramps not frozen. Ive yet to see it. I would figure hes out at Broadside Harbor.

This Nautique came from Texas. Guy bought it and imported it and now I just keep doing fluids, impellers, tune up etc. Its a runner for sure.

Comment

No crystal ball for how long these boats will go but yours is 5-6 years newer than mine is so don’t count us old timers out! I am a second owner on my boat.. had it for 12 seasons now. I would love a GSA but I will likely hold off for years as that is an expensive upgrade that I am not sure I would use too much to see the value....Then again, maybe it is because I never surfed behind a boat with one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO it's a crap shoot with any engine.
                  Some will go 3K some will go 300.
                  Has some to do with maintenance and a lot to do with luck IMO.
                  An engine that's run regularly will always run longer than one that sits for long periods IMO.

Comment

I like your thoughts Gumby. I know I wouldn’t turn down a free ride! I love seeing how my wave compares to others. What setup are y’all running and on what boat? You guys are rocking similar boats to me I think.
                    Last edited by h2osk8er00; 08-04-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

There's nothing special about these motors. They are a late 90's vortec with most parts available from your local auto parts store.

I'm torn as to whether GSA is really worth it? From everything I see and read it doesn't look like it's giving you any better of a wave than what you can get with a suck gate. You then have to run even heavier than you are now so your fuel burn rate goes up. To get the most optimal wave you still have to adjust your weight left/right/bow. It's not just fill 100% and deploy the tabs. Even GSA requires some list and I don't need to switch sides every run.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                        There's nothing special about these motors. They are a late 90's vortec with most parts available from your local auto parts store.

I'm torn as to whether GSA is really worth it? From everything I see and read it doesn't look like it's giving you any better of a wave than what you can get with a suck gate. You then have to run even heavier than you are now so your fuel burn rate goes up. To get the most optimal wave you still have to adjust your weight left/right/bow. It's not just fill 100% and deploy the tabs. Even GSA requires some list and I don't need to switch sides every run.
                        I am with you 100%. I don’t mind switching the suck gate to the other side.. takes me 30 seconds. Also I rarely ever have anything 100% full... especially my rear sacks. I can only get them about 80% and they have some self draining that happens but nothing that messes with the wave all that much. I can usually get a good 10-15 min surf off it no problem. I have 200 lbs of wakeballast that I throw around at times... The boat is almost unlisted but I would say offset by a few degrees nonetheless. Also, I will say the magic off these motors is their ability to perform under heavy load for which they were never really built in regards for. I think about that all the time. I run about 3K lbs of ballast... Acme 1847... Mission Delta suck gate and I love my wave and currently eat about 5-6 gallons per hour. Goofy side is damn good too which works for me since that is the side I surf. Great input BCRider.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby
                          Mine is a 2000 so the same hull as your 2001. 1200 in the corners 1200 up front. nautacurl. tried a second flex mid ship last weekend. My rider said it had more push got to get some video to confirm if it is better. here is my comparison video. there is a goofy also. I currently have a broken wrist couple more weeks till I can surf it my self.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Gkh6MmVtU
                          regular
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVUFEfpaxuk
                          goofy
                          I do not list every thing is even. swap the suck gate and go.
                          Wave is looking killer on that regular side. I have a nautical too but it doesn’t do as well as the mission delta. If you get a chance try one out and I think you will be impressed since our hulls are pretty much identical. I run Jumbo 110s in the rear that fill about 850 lbs each I would guess... a 750 in the hallway/bow.. and a 650 under the seats that might have 400lbs... sounds like we are both pushing the limits of the boats for their era though! Sorry to hear about the wrist man. My shoulder has been jacked but luckily I only have to use it to get up so I been nursing it to get my rides in. Here is a picture from last weekend on my goofy side...

Comment

h2osk8er00- buy yourself some rubber corks to stick in the drain holes on the side of the boat. That will stop your passive draining issue with a simple fix.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                              h2osk8er00- buy yourself some rubber corks to stick in the drain holes on the side of the boat. That will stop your passive draining issue with a simple fix.
                              Genius! Thanks man! Great input.... I recently put a check valve on my bilge pump as that was needing replacement too. It has helped a lot I think due to the port hole being below the waterline a lot while surfing! Thanks again! Let me know if you have a certain cork you prefer or that I can look up on Amazon. Otherwise I guess the wife is getting some more bottles of wine (of which she will be happy about)

Comment

Working...
                              X