No announcement yet.

Finally installing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got it out last weekend. Was very nice to hit the button especially since its already about 10deg hotter than normal. Was only the 2 of us in the boat when surfing so I was missing just a touch of my normal people ballast, so push was a touch light. Thinking about swapping my seat bag to a touch bigger bag when needed.

This little girl is hooked though

IMG_7619[1].jpg

Comment

Was very windy today but got to test the new gate out. Worked pretty well, ready to ride it

25748B8B-E51C-4693-9DE6-8E5A1CB798AD.jpg
      2A3CF43D-1AA5-4DDF-B1B5-51ADC6223ADA.jpg

Comment

Great thread! I have the same boat and I'll be plumbing some ballast in this spring as my annual "boat project".

Why did you decide to mount the ballast puppy there? Did you consider mounting beside the gas tank inlet hose?

I'm assuming the W705 bag doesn't fill completely. You just watch it until it starts to pop the locker lid?

I'm considering the W704 tube sac, 370lbs, which I figure will fill up the locker without popping the lid and then venting out the side of the boat. 100lbs less than you figure your getting in your sac tho...

How long does it take to fill your 800lbs with the ballast puppy??

Comment

I saw a post that Mikes Liquid did on a similar boat so copied where he mounted the pump. Plus I have a fuel lift pump under the cover of the gas inlet that typically lasts about 5 yrs do made it easy to remove and get to. He can hook you up with all the necessary pumps, bags, fittings and hoses as well. Well might not have my little quick fitting for the existing drain but he has the fittings if you want to drill the inlet which I would do if someone didn’t want me drilling into the boat

I actually swapped out to the W704 as the W705 was bowing my seat back out too much. The seat didn’t have enough support to hold it. The W704 will still pop the back locker lid open if you over fill it. I just watch for it to raise up then drop it down a little. Not sure on the exact time for the 370# as I typically fill it soon as we leave the dock. Guessing 5 min max. I should have done this a long time ago. When it’s just a few of us in the boat is when I use my Y valves to fill my seat bag up. Might add a second pump to it later on down the road.

What real nice even tubing if I have someone sitting in the bow, I’ll add about half the bag to bring the nose up to prevent any rollars from going over.

Comment

Oh and post a pic of your boat we love seeing the older classic ones!

Comment

Don’t forget to get some lead (leadwake.com)or steel to throw under the rear seat. I have about 250-300# under there, betting I could some smaller bags and get another 50# under it

Comment

Here are a couple pictures of ours sitting in Okanagan Lake, BC Canada.

I will drill a hole for a thru hull, although the scares me a little to do so. Just think it will be cleaner! Good to know on the w705/w704.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_20170901_181442.jpg

Comment

I am going to look at a 2003 20i with 340 hours on Sunday. Sounds like I should just plan to do this kind of install over the winter? That way its ready to go next year.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrellgentry View Post
                    I am going to look at a 2003 20i with 340 hours on Sunday. Sounds like I should just plan to do this kind of install over the winter? That way its ready to go next year.
                    I’d highly recommend installing a similar system. So much easier and faster filling and draining. Plus you can adjust on the fly if you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X